The new premium S's!

• Thread starter dres_x
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MJMinky

Reaction score
That black one is gorgeous aesthetically. It's almost perfect except the painted neck - I prefer satin clearcoat -, and EMGs. And I love that the pickup switch is 3way: I hate the way the 5way looks on the S with that ugly plastic around it.

Pat_s1t

UG Invader
Reaction score
If we're going to have an actual thread on these now, I'm gonna repost what I posted in the Ibanez S Thread a couple weeks ago.

I found an S Premium yesterday (March 2nd) while visiting my local store. Played really well, and looked beautiful. There was also another S770PB there, but it had a weird looking top. Below the bridge was all burled, but above the bridge was nicely figured and not burled at all. Very strange. Anyway, I took a couple pics when I was there.

SPremiumbody.jpg

RowShot1.jpg

Notice that S770 I was talking about on the right. View it in normal resolution and you can get an idea of what I was talking about.

dres_x

Reaction score
If we're going to have an actual thread on these now, I'm gonna repost what I posted in the Ibanez S Thread a couple weeks ago.

Damn every time I see those pics I drool...it's so damn classy but just a little too brown for me :p haha
What were the prices on these in the store again?

oneblackened

Tube Amp Dork
Reaction score
:holy: Damn. I'm an RG guy and when I see an S, I usually feel pretty meh about it; these immediately sent my GAS through the roof. Too bad I don't have $1k to drop on one right now :lol:
That. :holy: I'd love one of the black ones (HH guitars ftw and that thing is preeeeeeety).

NEITHER are coming to the US.

Sucks to be us.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nakon14

Smells like updog
Reaction score
I've definitely shyed away from black guitars, but that black S

DAYUM

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Funny how Ibanez gets shit for doing too many black guitars, and now this S comes out... Well, they did need a higher end S in black, I guess.

They look nice, but I HATE that Ibanez puts those ugly black plastic covers over their switches. It almost completely turns me off of the instrument.

The black one actually looks pretty nice, but I'm still not digging the switch for that one either. It contrasts the finish too much.

Can't disagree there. If I ever got an S then I'd probably carve one from some fretboard-matching wood or try my hand at machining one.

sell2792

Reaction score
Funny how Ibanez gets shit for doing too many black guitars, and now this S comes out... Well, they did need a higher end S in black, I guess.

Can't disagree there. If I ever got an S then I'd probably carve one from some fretboard-matching wood or try my hand at machining one.

That'd look really nice depending on what color scheme you had going on.

')