The new schecter omen 2012 is KILLER !!!!!

Pykwix

Reaction score
I just bought it today at a local store and I can tell you it is pretty different from the old version.
Old version : http://zkcd.net/_gfx/matos/dyn/large/schecter-omen-7_2.jpg
New one : http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YUQwII-g-aE/T3drgnatUpI/AAAAAAAAAMc/DMrn64GRHQE/s1600/Omen-7+2012.jpg

I would never have bought the previous omen, it was just not visually attractive and didn't have cool features. The new one is far from incredible, but for the price (350$) you need to check it out. Here are the 3 changes :

_Dots on the frets become "semi-goth" shit, way cooler
_Ivory Binding (pretty cool for a 350$ 7-S guitar)
_26,5 scale instead of 25,5. FINALLY.

That last feature made me buy the guitar.
I'm not promoting this or something, but if you want a budget 7 string that doesnt look like a peace of crap and has some real string tension, get this one, I definently recommend this one. Available for lefties (like me). I'll just change the stock pickups for some dimarzio d-sonics or something, and will be plainly satisfied with it.
Ask any questions, I have it next to me right now :)

Also, I'm new to this website, and sorry for my poor English I'm not American..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Happy NGD. :yesway:

Also, welcome to the site! May your days of 7 stringing be long and glorious. :hungus:

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
Its weird. Everywhere I look at the old specs for the omen 7 they say 25.5 in the description but then the itemized specs say 26.5 My guess is that the 7 string has always been 26.5 but they used a generic description for all omen series.

Pykwix

Reaction score
Maybe you're right, that would not have been in schecter's favor though.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
My omen 7 is from 2007 and is 26.5", maybe they had the shorter scale length before they redesigned them, but since they went over to the 3+4 headstock and string-through TOM I'm pretty certain they've all been 26.5".

The new ones are neat, but I wish they didn't get rid of the coil tap. The crunchlab/liquifire set sounds good in them if you're trying to choose some dimarzios, OP.

')