The Next Mortal Kombat Movie - Hell Yea

• Thread starter djpharoah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a screen capture of current Sub-Zero, he looks like kind of like a Strogg from Quake with the whole breath-mask thing

Attachments

• subzero.png
    subzero.png
    633 KB · Views: 53

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
This looks horrible :lol:
:agreed:

At it's core Mortal Kombat has always been an "Enter the Dragon" rip off but with a few freaky characters assorted weirdos and mythological creatures in it and this just seems so far away from that cause it's trying to be more like "Seven" or "Saw" but with a realistic edge to it which misses the point of the MK series entirely.

BrandonARC

Banned
Reaction score
I want to see it,i mean, honestly, what else good is coming out? not shit.

pink freud

Reaction score
Always thought that MK transferred better to film than Street Fighter did.

God, Street Fighter was so fail it wrapped around to a win.

Nick1

Reaction score
After seeing the "Human Centipede", Goro is definitely possible!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah totally! I saw that preview on imdb and read a bit into it. The writer of the HC, actually came up the idea for the movie based on a comment he heard basically stating something to the effect of child molesters should have their lips sown to truck drivers assholes. And bam! Out comes the idea for a movie. If thats gonna make it to the big screen, they can do a Goro.

Reaction score
Just put the mask on her and say that she's a mute. Totally works. LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Then cast her as Mileena :yesway:

Not nearly as bad as Baraka though. Ugh. They could've done much done a much better job. He looks like Andrew McCutchen from the Pittsburgh Pirates.

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing, except a different Pirate came to mind, Lastings Milledge.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Interview with the director, who's also responsible for uh... choreographing Britney Spears videos and directing that remake of Fame:

Exclusive Interview with MORTAL KOMBAT: REBIRTH Director Kevin Tancharoen; Learn How it Came Together and What He Wants to do in a Feature Film!

Apparently it only took two days of shooting and two months of post-production, and cost a grand total of $7,500. Warner Brothers studios (film or videogame) had nothing to do with it. But it's still one hundred percent fucking awesome. Hope this gets picked up by WB for their Mortal Kombat reboot: if he can do this with two months and seven grand, with a year and a real budget he'll be unstoppable.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
:ugh:

Not too big on Reptile and Baraka, but the other characters look good.

This. They;ve fucking destroyed them, which sucks, because they're two of my favorite characters (alongside Sektor, Cyrax, SMoke and Noob Saibot :metal:)

Other than that though, it looks pretty awesome :D

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score
This. They;ve fucking destroyed them, which sucks, because they're two of my favorite characters (alongside Sektor, Cyrax, SMoke and Noob Saibot :metal:)

Other than that though, it looks pretty awesome :D

QFT. Really looking forward to this, regardless. :metal:

jbcrazy

Reaction score
This has a Watchmen vibe to it. Really cool. Is it officially a movie?

Edit: Apparently.. not. Haha. I miss the Sonya Blade that was Happy Gilmore's love interest. Heck even the one in that horrible sequel. She was hot!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Bridgette Wilson :wub:

She was HOT as Sonya.

Personally, I'd rather them skip the Baraka and Reptile aspect of this film and just do everyone else who will look GOOD and stick to the idea of fighters kicking the shit out of each other at a tournament held by a sorcerer

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd rather see a proper movie that does justice to the actual franchise, incorporating the idea that there are multiple realms, and that the fighters come from all of them to compete, and that they actually have wacked out powers etc..

Hell, just make a sequel to the original two movies, but better. They may have been complete cheese, but at least they did some justice to the style of the games.

Also, I want to see Kabal in the mix :D

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Kabal didn't really play a huge part in the series, and I'm surprised they give him a son (Mavado was his son right?) for later games. But he did look cool, and even if he had just a part where he got eliminated he'd be cool to see.

I think they COULD use this version and have it be the same as the one you want Mischa, I mean, they'd have to incorporate the other realms as being a HUGE shock to the world and have people kind of freak out and shit but it could work. That may have been one of the things that made the first one more realistic. Granted, in the games there was no real backstory on the characters besides what you were told and there were no cutscenes to show character interactions; they were all just like "Yup, we're in this tournament against dude's with 4 arms and sorcerers." Then in the movie, Johnny Cage was a bit skeptical when Shang Tsung's boat came up, Sonya Blade didn't buy into the shit for one minute but slowly HAD to adjust and Liu Kang was fully aware of the Elder Gods and whatnot due to his upbringing.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Mavado is just another member of the Black Dragon (?) clan, not his son AFAIK :scratch:

I'd like to see a proper MK style story in this, cos they are awesome. And yah, he's not a huge part of the story, but at least he's awesome :lol: I say throw Noob Saibot in there, it'd be perfect for a sequel seeing as how the "original" sub zero died in the first movie :cool: (of course, that would only "work" if this was a sequel :lol:)

I love the original movies... awesome, awesome soundtracks too (Juke Joint Jezebel FTMFW! :metal:)

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, I want to see Kabal in the mix

I agree that it would be cool to see Kabal in this movie. I think putting Kabal in this movie would more than likely go along better with the direction that they're trying to take with this as opposed to the concepts they came up with for Reptile and Baraka. I also think they should put Stryker in as well for the same reasons because in the game he was a cop/demolitions expert or whatever and looking at the trailer is that Jax is a cop so they could work him into the storyline that he's on the same police force as Jax and is a member of the SWAT team or whatever... it's totally doable IMO.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ :agreed: Excellent point. I think they wanted to do a "realistic" movie, but they wanted to put a couple fo the classic characters in, so they put them in, but then ignored the backstory for them, ignored the more "supernatural" elements of them, and screwed the character design just so they could use them :noway:

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
^ :agreed: Excellent point. I think they wanted to do a "realistic" movie, but they wanted to put a couple fo the classic characters in, so they put them in, but then ignored the backstory for them, ignored the more "supernatural" elements of them, and screwed the character design just so they could use them :noway:

:yesway:
I can't help but feel that if they've already took liberties with Reptile and Barraka then all the other characters are going to get a similar treatment too and it will be yet another videogame movie which features the characters in name only and throws away everything that the public loved about it in the first place.

')