The Next Mortal Kombat Movie - Hell Yea

• Thread starter djpharoah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I think we are actually making another big mistake right now, and that's forgetting this isn't a trailer for the film just to get interest in MAKING a reboot

Opeth666

Reaction score
I see valid points on both sides but Id rather them make the movie like this because...overall it will be a beast of a movie.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
is it just me or did the guy playing Baraka look like the guy from the fire fight scene of Tony Jaa's The Protector?

jbcrazy

Reaction score
is it just me or did the guy playing Baraka look like the guy from the fire fight scene of Tony Jaa's The Protector?

The director of he "pitch trailer" was calling in favors and mentioned his love of Tony Jaa/Jet Li. I wouldn't be suprised. That "dance" style fighting too was recognizable.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I've decided it all boils down to 1 thing, for me...

If it does not have this song, I don't think I can take it seriously:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
:rofl: YES! I fucking loved that song in the first couple of movies... also the entire industrial metal soundtrack that accompanied them (seriously, KMFDM, Ministry, i think there was a MLWTTKK song for one of them, it was amazing).

windu

Reaction score
weather they follow the original story line or aspect or not. you have to admit (without putting the actual game into consideration) this would be a gnarly ass movie! it looks like they are trying to keep it modern and they have some good (actual!) character development instead of just throwing superhuman dudes outa nowhere and the normal people kicking their ass lol.

i think the whole reptile backstory is genius and i love the baraka character as well, becuase this is all inthe realm of possiblity. the thought of the most violent killers, criminals, assasins and top fighters in a no holds bar tournament in a movie is just spectacular. and if i recal correctly the whole scorpian killing sub zero's brother is true is it not? he finds out later that the real sub zero is alive and enters the tournament again to kill him (tho i cant remember why, i think it was just rival clans?)

for being the budget that it was i thought the fight scene was cool. along with the whole trailer. i would LOVE to see this turned into a movie

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
The director of he "pitch trailer" was calling in favors and mentioned his love of Tony Jaa/Jet Li. I wouldn't be suprised. That "dance" style fighting too was recognizable.

yeah there aren't many guys in hollywood that practice capoeira. so i instantly thought about him

vampiregenocide

Reaction score

According to wikipedia, same guy. :yesway: Who also ironically plays Eddy Gordo in the upcoming Tekken film.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
I just had to repost this for the LOL's.

CBurb05

Reaction score
Everything about this is awesome, except for Baraka's face...they fucked that up. But I hope they can make it a full length film.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Anything is better than Annihilation....ANYTHING.

At least they're focusing on, imo, the best character. Scorpion has always been my favorite. When I saw his fatality in the old games, I was sold.

shredfreak

Reaction score
Anything is better than Annihilation....ANYTHING.

At least they're focusing on, imo, the best character. Scorpion has always been my favorite. When I saw his fatality in the old games, I was sold.

Using him as a main character should be pure win imo if they get it right :hbang:

BenInKY

Banned
Reaction score
"After his movie career died he needed work. We had him working for us under cover." - Yeah, because nobody would recognize a movie star.

Annihilation was awful... just much lower budget and replacement characters made it suck. Plus, you can't make that storyline NOT cheesy. It's total fantasy. And Shao Khan was like 300 feet tall at the end of the first movie, and then he was just normal in the second movie. It WAS cool though when Scorpion yelled, "SUCKERS!"

I wouldn't want to see a reboot unless it was the video game storyline, only really high budget and well-thought out expansion on the storyline, with good character development. Also, they should get Fear Factory back to do another song or 2!

Matti_Ice

TR Guitarist
Reaction score
holy crap! I enjoyed this 7 minutes more than MK1 and 2 combined!!! Finally Reptile gets the bigger role he deserves. I always hated the few gay scenes of him in the first one. Come on!! On the first game it took forever to finally find out how to fight Reptile THEN he was hard as hell to kill!

')