The Nu-Metal Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter Daemoniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Coryd

Reaction score
Pulse Ultra was such a great band! I got to see them at Ozzfest one year. If you like them check out The Chronicles of Israfel

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score
When i was 15 and 16 my favorite bands were Korn, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Deftones, Static-X, Hed PE, Otep, etc. It was bands like these that were the reason i even picked up a guitar. They opened the door for me into the world of heavy music. Each year that goes by since then i find myself listening to heavier and more brutal bands. These days i really cant stand Nu-Metal, but still, i owe the genre pretty much everything i am today. I still like some of those bands early albums, i'll give them a listen from time to time when i feel like re-living my highschool memories.

+1

Nu-metal is the single reason that I listen to the metal I do now, or play guitar. I never got into 80s metal. However, I LOVE nu-metal and think it may be my favorite genre, or at least in the top 2 genres. Like many before have posted, but I feel I must contribute, I love, and will ALWAYS love deep in my heart:

1. *DEFTONES*
2. Taproot
3. Relative Ash
4. Taproot
5. Factory 81
6. *Old* Linkin Park (Meteora and before)
7. P.O.D.
8. Mudvayne
9. Nonpoint
10. Korn
11. Disturbed
12. Limp Bizkit (first 2 cds only)
13. Staind (Dysfunction and Break the Cycle only)
14. Adema
15. Lostprophets (Fake sound of Progress only)
16. Lucerin Blue
17. Orgy
18. Pulse Ultra
19. Smile Empty Soul
20. System of a Down
:bowdown::hbang:

techjsteele

Gear Junkie
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll admit, most of the music that influences my playing comes from what people call nu-metal. I am a major fan of Korn, Static-X, Limp Bizkit, Adema, Staind, and many more bands that are considered "nu-metal". To be honest, being a child of metal (my 3rd grade school pic was taken with a Megadeth shirt on :hbang:), I like all forms of metal. I hope people will eventually look past all of the genre/sub-genre bias and just enjoy metal for what it is, which is pure, unbridled awesomeness.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
On a somewhat consistent basis, I listen to Taproot (1st album), Apartment 26, and Switched as far as "nu-metal" goes.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
You know.... one day, on here, we're going to be sitting around talking about how some bands were able to evolve, but others either failed to grow, or jumped on the bandwagon because it was popular...

....to be Djent.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Weirdly enough, I was born in 1996 but never really got into nu-metal, barring Slipknot and Linkin Park. Never listened to Limp Bizkit or KoRn, and all of the more "obscure" ones I'd never even heard of haha

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Weirdly enough, I was born in 1996 but never really got into nu-metal, barring Slipknot and Linkin Park. Never listened to Limp Bizkit or KoRn, and all of the more "obscure" ones I'd never even heard of haha

Well if you were born in 1996 then you'd of been about 4 years old by the time the nu-metal scene was essentially over, right ?

')