The Official Acacia Custom Guitars Thread

• Thread starter ACG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

big_aug

Reaction score
The huge amount of grammatical, spelling, and other errors is pretty embarrassing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sparks

Reaction score
I have always really loved the looks of their guitars, and this is a pretty sweet price for a "semi-custom" guitar. BUT THEN AGAIN, it might not be worth the risk considering the garbage they've pumped out in the past. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but my wallet certainly doesn't.

JustinG60

Reaction score
in my opinion after seeing their disastrous guitars they shipped. i almost bought a used one that looked absolutely amazing but was too scared to do it. if they want to built a reputation back and sell guitars they may want to come on here and work out a loaner review to trusted people or something of the sort.

i assume the OP has seen this since they have half a million posts? haha

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...tmas-acacia-romulus-multiscale-8-content.html

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Does no one ever learn? :rofl:

The guy looks so uncomfortable in this review and the fact that he says "I guarantee it, but I probably shouldn't guarantee it myself" almost felt like a subliminal warning :lol:

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Why did they keep the Acacia name? That seems like a bad business move.

I can admire the guy if he really has (or tried to) clean up his act and rebuild the name and be honest about it. But there's still no real reason to give him business ever again...

InVirtue

Trey Xavier
Reaction score
Does no one ever learn? :rofl:

The guy looks so uncomfortable in this review and the fact that he says "I guarantee it, but I probably shouldn't guarantee it myself" almost felt like a subliminal warning :lol:

That was a joke. If you've seen my other videos, you'll know that I think I'm hilarious. You can't land em all.

It's hard for a brand to rebuild its reputation after early failures, but I stand by what I said in the video - the guitars that I reviewed were fantastic. I can't sit there and play every one that he makes to personally guarantee every single one any more than I can the Ibanez, Carvin, or Fast guitars I've reviewed. I can only review what I receive to review.

I don't lie in my reviews, I'm not paid to say anything, and I play a LOT of guitars, so although I may not be the end-all be-all authority, I've at least got a pretty good frame of reference.

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
"If you’re looking for an extraordinarily high-end guitar that you can customize several options on (pickups, color, 6/7/8 strings, Titan/Hades/Romulus shape, maple/rosewood fretboard) that starts at $999 (during their upcoming PRO-motion in October) and doesn’t go much higher, head over to Acacia Guitars | Custom Built Electric Guitars - Custom Electric Basses and get on the Pro Series."

Way to shill out in the end there...

"High-End Guitar" for a low promotional price?
How could I lose?!

:noplease:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The big problem, as I see it, is what makes luthiers not good luthiers is rarely actual skill or ability. It's the willingness to ship out instruments with mistakes, and to not care enough to try to fix errors. That doesn't go away with time. It's a character issue, not a tools, or skill issue. I've bought guitars from a lot of different manufacturers, and I have yet to see someone with big errors get better. Little things can get better. But if you are willing to ship a guitar with a huge neck pocket, then unless you've met Jesus or Allah or something, you're not likely going to turn into someone who will start caring.

Demiurge

Reaction score
The big problem, as I see it, is what makes luthiers not good luthiers is rarely actual skill or ability. It's the willingness to ship out instruments with mistakes, and to not care enough to try to fix errors. That doesn't go away with time. It's a character issue, not a tools, or skill issue.

This is definitely true, and that's what makes the lower price point offered here more of a concern. Sure, the $999 models are stripped-down, but how exactly did offering more options previously prevent good & proper QC? If anything, cheaper guitars obviously intend to lure more customers, and a larger order volume for a small operation (likely offering these guitars at a low margin) could potentially stress QC & customer service even more.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
This is definitely true, and that's what makes the lower price point offered here more of a concern. Sure, the $999 models are stripped-down, but how exactly did offering more options previously prevent good & proper QC? If anything, cheaper guitars obviously intend to lure more customers, and a larger order volume for a small operation (likely offering these guitars at a low margin) could potentially stress QC & customer service even more.

Oh, yeah, I didn't even think of that! This is EXACTLY how things wind up in a cluster..... *cough* Bernie Rico *cough* Company with spotty reputation offers discounted model with lots of options, everyone jumps in, they can't keep up, people lose money, they go under. Same story different company, unfortunately.

InVirtue

Trey Xavier
Reaction score
Put your affiliation in your sig.

Also, don't shill.

You've been warned.

Done. I haven't been on here in a while, just updated all my info and affiliation. I came back to SSO because people were questioning the veracity of my review, and I felt I needed to defend myself.

I'm not sure why people think I'm shilling, I don't get paid to say sh*t. I can imagine it might be tough to swallow that a company that's been so maligned on here is now putting out great guitars, but I can only go by my experience. I had an original Acacia, and I had the ones I reviewed (for a month or so), and the difference is monumental. I have no motivation to lie, it doesn't serve me or my audience at all.

I don't review companies - I review guitars.

JuliusJahn

Luthier
Reaction score
Is it the same luthier now, as before who's doing the work and QC? You never know, he/she/they may have just got a cnc to do all the routing now, watched Crimson guitars fretting videos on YT and learned how to properly send out an instrument.

Latest posts

')