The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

Islandjam2990

Reaction score
I dunno about you, but I can clearly hear the bass on the original issue of Rareform :squint:

Likewise. The initial discerning of what's bass and what's 8 string is a little difficult at points, seeing as they're both synonymous with distortion and everything (telltale different being the thickness and deeper tones), but eventually you can hear where the line between the two are. Or at least I thought so.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Islandjam2990

Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance but what are subdrops?

Bass drops, or just a low frequency in the background that drops to inaudible in order to add a certain dynamic. It's generally right at the start of a breakdown, or right at the chorus of every A Day To Remember song in existence.

Timotei00125

Prog Man
Reaction score
Bass drops, or just a low frequency in the background that drops to inaudible in order to add a certain dynamic. It's generally right at the start of a breakdown, or right at the chorus of every A Day To Remember song in existence.

Oh okay, thank you.

I also noticed on the original version of Rareform that the bass was super loud and distorted...they should take that out on their new album lol.

NeoTheMaggot

Reaction score
we lucky Minnesotans are getting a CD release show for two of our home town heroes, After the Burial and Your Memorial(whom i am good friends with) on the 20th so I'll get the new cd 3 days early :). Also fans of ATB might be interested in YM too so here is there myspace link. YOUR|MEMORIAL on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads the song atonement is the only on on their myspace that will be on their new cd.

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
we lucky Minnesotans are getting a CD release show for two of our home town heroes, After the Burial and Your Memorial(whom i am good friends with) on the 20th so I'll get the new cd 3 days early :). Also fans of ATB might be interested in YM too so here is there myspace link. YOUR|MEMORIAL on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads the song atonement is the only on on their myspace that will be on their new cd.

your memorial is alright. wouldnt really suggest it to ATB fans as i think theyre 2 different kinds of music entirely.but they are nice dudes and if i had to listen to christian metalcore, they are a better band.

however, my friends in Reaping Asmodeia are playing it too, and the drummer and guitar player are former WithDeadHandsRising members. They are a 7string band however now they are on 8s. might go up to this one so i can see my homies!

REAPING ASMODEIA on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

NeoTheMaggot

Reaction score
hell yes man. i forgot they were playing too. I would recommend Reaping Asmodeia as well. Super chill dudes and on a side note to Paintkilz i think they sounded better live when they only used their 7 strings. Also the new YM cd is amazing and much better than their old Cd season.

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
hell yes man. i forgot they were playing too. I would recommend Reaping Asmodeia as well. Super chill dudes and on a side note to Paintkilz i think they sounded better live when they only used their 7 strings. Also the new YM cd is amazing and much better than their old Cd season.

we did a tour that had some dates with them and we still talk. Havent heard any of the actual stuff played on teh 8s. During tour the guitarist Alex was waiting for his 2228 to get shipped to his house...so we talked lengthy but i havent heard it.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
MetalSucks » Blog Archive » EXCLUSIVE: AFTER THE BURIAL, “BREAD CRUMBS AND WHITE STONES”

Basically, the way I feel about this song is that it's freaking awesome. The vocals are way better than the vocals on the reissue of Rareform (and I was quite skeptical about the vocals for the new album), the riffing's great, the bass is loud and punchy, and the drum tones cut through the mix really well. I'm already a fan of the production on this, although the vocals could have had less effects on them.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Saw these guys in my hometown on Wednesday and they tore it up.

Best live sound that venue has ever seen, made me GAS for an Axe Fx Ultra HARD.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
:yesway:

Sounds excellent! And I fully agree about the vocals sounding exponentially better on this release.

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
I like the sound alot, I'm waiting to hear the rest to judge though. If my predictions right, the other songs will be aloooot better than this :)

Btw, That breakdown blew my mind.

spattergrind

Reaction score
fuck yes!!!!!!:hbang::shred:

Love hearing the AxeFx in something not periphery or meshuggah sounding for a change.

My GAS has increased even more for an axefx.

The only thing I dont get is why didnt they do the back and forth panning on that riff before the breakdown at the end where its only on the left side. Cuz it sounds sick when they do it live.

')