The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

Xplozive

Reaction score
Yea its pretty ridiculous. Theyre my favourite band so it was definitely disappointing. They didnt even seem to care that much either. I asked them if they would have played without a bass but they said no..apparently te bassist suggested that but the rest of them said no

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tm20

Reaction score
so jealous that i missed the Sydney show (currently in Hamburg). What songs did they play? ah well, atleast i get to see Thy Art Is Murder here :D

Xplozive

Reaction score
so jealous that i missed the Sydney show (currently in Hamburg). What songs did they play? ah well, atleast i get to see Thy Art Is Murder here :D

They played my frailty, berzerker, anti pattern, your troubles will cease, cursing, aspiration and a wolf amongst ravens. They may have played encased in ice aswell but i honestly cant remember haha. Was an awesome set. Those dudes were shredding their guitars like nothing ive ever seen

ricknasty1985

I Am Hated
Reaction score
I saw them both on the Sunday/yesterday with like 30 people in the room? So awesome, ATB were so damn tight...

Alphanumeric

Reaction score
Imagine this album and the quality of the songs with the production of the new Born of Osiris record.

The vocals sound like there's a permanent telephone eq on them, in fact, the whole mix has that bandpass eq sound. eh.

Paul Gilbert

newborn baby
Reaction score
I'm still not entirely sure why they chose to release this album with the way it is. I believe it's their best material and still a fun listen to besides all the tinniness. Imagining the album with the production of their previous album or with BoO's TDWA, it would be huge and give it so much more justice it deserves! Step in the right direction, but that mixing dfgsdhgfd

breadtruck

Reaction score
Wanted to chime in and say after a few listens I'm digging the new album. Personally I'm not a big fan of Forging a Future Self but since Rareform I've loved everything they've done. When I first heard one of their new tracks I heard it on Youtube through cheap earbud headphones and I just brushed it off as pre-production quality. Unfortunately that was the finished product! However, it does sound much better 320 quality through good headphones.

I guess that's the only disappointment for me. When I listen to that Rareform reissue it just sounds amazing to me. In Dreams too. Fantastic production and I wished for a similar treatment on this new album. I think the reallly low notes sound good, but anything higher than that it sounds a bit tinny and there's no real 'impact' to anything, ya know? I can't really describe it as I'm not an audio nerd, but it doesn't hit me like their previous 2 albums did.

Either way solid release. Some real catchy tracks there. A few people in this thread seem to dislike the vox but I've never had a problem 'em.

lewis

Reaction score
Im in love with this band after hearing this new record of theirs. I had not actually heard of them before this. Whilst I agree the production seems poor, I did read they did it themselves in house to save money etc. So I respect them for that. Massive respect for bands trying to be self efficient.

I personally didnt like any of their previous work (i checked it out since falling in love with the latest album). Compared to your Monuments - Gnosis type sound, yes it is quite thin. But through my 1000w surround sound system it sounds fine tbh. Its only through digital it sounds pretty bad. I actually love the vocals personally.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
For me Wolves Within is equal in awesomeness to In Dreams. But it has no filler songs, so it's their best overall content-wise album. Song-wise, I think my favorites are still from In Dreams and Rareform.

As for production - it's not that great, yeah.
Also, somehow I like their old mixes better than re-issued ones (some songs from Rareform > Rareform Re-Issue, all songs from Forging A Future Self > This Life Is All We Have. They just were not overcompressed so hard.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Saw them in Toronto the last night an was gutted there bassist got denied at the border. They still made the best of it and put on n awesome show.

ayaotd

Reaction score
It was really interesting seeing Justin play bass for the Toronto show. Their set was really good even with only one guitar. Unfortunately it seemed short, and would have definitely been better with the full band. Their vocalist has great energy.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
AHAAHAHAHAH (mods remove if this somehow violates any rules, I figured if it was ok for facebook it'd be fine for here)

From their facebook: "Hellooooo ladies"
https://www.facebook.com/afterthebu...21460965573/10154079000950574/?type=1&theater

10258327_10154079000950574_1672844160298407519_n.jpg

TelegramSam

7-string Understudy
Reaction score
Anyone going to see these guys in London with BoO, Betraying the Martyrs and Buried in Verona? Stoked for it :p

Vigaren

Reaction score
I know that their latest album was self produced/mixed, do any of you guys know who did the mixing? Trent or Justin?

ambler3

Reaction score
Anyone going to see these guys in London with BoO, Betraying the Martyrs and Buried in Verona? Stoked for it :p

Saw em on Monday night in Southampton...jesus that was a crazy gig. So worth the £12.50 :hbang:eee

It was a really small venue, so once they started getting the C# notes out..the floor turned to jelly.

')