The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

aesthyrian

Reaction score
I'm happy for a new ATB track, and excited for the new album, but I really hope not every song is a long breakdown like "Lost in Static" seems to be.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
Absolutely nuts :metal: the panning effect/breakdown at 2:33 made me simultaneously headbang and stank face harder than any new release in recent memory.

I really hope I can take work off to see them in Austin 11/10!
Totally agree. :metal:
It's a little repetitive but I can look past that. It definitely sounds better than the last album.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't like it that much... It has nice riffs/licks here and there, and Egyptian lead in the chorus is nice, but for the most part it doesn't grab my attention.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
It's pretty straightforward, and the "lost in the static" chant in the chorus feels a little too much like a radio rock hook to me, but overall I like the song.

KJGaruda

Likes a good riff
Reaction score
Lost in the Static has some damn good bounce to it. It's gonna be a killer live song, I can already see it.

Paul Gilbert

newborn baby
Reaction score
It all sounds pretty killer, even the production sounds a lot better. It just feels empty in some sections of the song.

If "wolves within" had this production, it would've been their greatest album. (Not counting this upcoming album of course"

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I'm happy for them getting back on the saddle. The new track is kinda cool but still lacks the pizzazz In Dreams had.

Reaction score
Love the new song but I never was afraid that i wouldn't. I'll for sure be pre-ordering this album, if this part of an album and not just a one off.

I hope they have another song that can hit me like Aspirations did. The first time I ever heard it, it instantly got into my top 5 favorite songs.
Not even Nickleback can't ruin that shit for me:lol:

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
Lost in the Static has some damn good bounce to it. It's gonna be a killer live song, I can already see it.

That's the problem with the song imo. Seems like it was written only so it would be fun live. It's boring as hell if you're listening to it on your ipod or at home or whatever

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
That little middle eastern melody was pretty overpowering in the mix, too bad. The heavy guitars/drums sounded really excellent. Never been a fan of the vocalist, no surprise that hasn't changed.

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
That little middle eastern melody was pretty overpowering in the mix, too bad. The heavy guitars/drums sounded really excellent. Never been a fan of the vocalist, no surprise that hasn't changed.

Overpowering? For me I feel like for once it sits correctly in the mix, a lot of the time I find melodies like that sit way too low. Quite a few times AtB have made a really good lead get drowned out by the chugs behind it like the last chorus in Your Troubles Will Cease. I like that I can hear this melody note for note clearly.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Not a fan of the new mix, but then again, I think I was always in the minority opinion being 100% content with how their old material was done.

Pretty thallcore, but always hype for new ATB. This track slays.

lewis

Reaction score
Things Ive noticed about the band going forward post Justin

- they havent replaced him and instead use a Macbook to play his parts (great imo)

- they have lost a spark or something live, they just dont look the same on stage anymore (understandable) but such a shame.

- because of point 1 their live sound/mix is more empty now which again is a shame.

summary It may take the band quite a while to get back to what they had before, they will never completely recover. I respect them for continuing though and I love the latest single.

jmeezle

Reaction score
Things Ive noticed about the band going forward post Justin

- they havent replaced him and instead use a Macbook to play his parts (great imo)

- they have lost a spark or something live, they just dont look the same on stage anymore (understandable) but such a shame.

- because of point 1 their live sound/mix is more empty now which again is a shame.

summary It may take the band quite a while to get back to what they had before, they will never completely recover. I respect them for continuing though and I love the latest single.

Hopefully after this tour as a supporting act they'll find a replacement... although I can definitely understand why they wouldn't replace him for obvious reasons. I've noticed the same thing with their live act... they seem like the wind is out of their sails a little. Not having Lee on stage really sucks because a.) he's awesome for the live show and b.) he's ....ing good.

Has anyone heard what's up with Lee anyway? Not seeing him on stage is weird, hope this isn't the beginning of the end :noway:

With that said I'm going to see them on the 25th for the first time, it really sucks that I've been a fan forever and now I only get to see 3/5ths of the band.

jr1092

Avalanche in D Minor
Reaction score
Hopefully after this tour as a supporting act they'll find a replacement... although I can definitely understand why they wouldn't replace him for obvious reasons. I've noticed the same thing with their live act... they seem like the wind is out of their sails a little. Not having Lee on stage really sucks because a.) he's awesome for the live show and b.) he's ....ing good.

Has anyone heard what's up with Lee anyway? Not seeing him on stage is weird, hope this isn't the beginning of the end :noway:

With that said I'm going to see them on the 25th for the first time, it really sucks that I've been a fan forever and now I only get to see 3/5ths of the band.

Lee had a child and is sitting out this tour to be a dad.
Saw them last night in Baltimore and yes, their stage presence is not the same. It probably will never be the same. They still put on a great show all things considering. I lost my best friend to suicide due to psychiatric conditions and it sucks, it takes a long time to recover (9 years for me and I still am not over it). They lost one of their best friends/family member and in all honesty, they're doing better then any one else in their positions would do. They released a very solid single and recorded an entire album to be released next year.
Hung out with Trent after the show for a little bit and asked him if they would replace Justin, he said no. I'm personally glad. Justin is still part of that band in my opinion. Replacing him would cause criticism to the "new" guitarist, because "he's not Justin"

Here's a quick video of the breakdown Berserker I took last evening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgaojGnKzt8

')