The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

jmeezle

Reaction score
I'm curious as to Trent and Justin's writing process. I wonder if it was a 50/50 type thing or did one contribute more riffs than the other. I'm interested as to how ATB will sound in the future if they continue after Dig Deep now that they're without a major writing contributor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I'm curious as to Trent and Justin's writing process. I wonder if it was a 50/50 type thing or did one contribute more riffs than the other. I'm interested as to how ATB will sound in the future if they continue after Dig Deep now that they're without a major writing contributor.

I'd always assumed Trent contributed a little bit more on the writing side, but Juice did a bit more on the production. That's what I'm expecting, is a more noticeable change in production.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. It all still feels so weird without him, even just listening to the old stuff.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
From all that ive seen / heard... it seems an almost 50/50 split. Justin handled the main riff / melody / drumming while Trent took on the lead runs.

But its more than evident they both have (had) the talent to take care of all the duties no matter whos involved...

Definitely excited for this new album and pray this doesn't stop there...

lewis

Reaction score
One thing ive noticed is it seemed Justin was the main advocate of 9 string and very low tuning?. Trent doesnt seem remotely bothered by 9 strings and it seems like they have ditched 9's now justin is gone?.

I wonder If those very low tunings and 9 string work was what he was bringing to the table?.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
One thing ive noticed is it seemed Justin was the main advocate of 9 string and very low tuning?. Trent doesnt seem remotely bothered by 9 strings and it seems like they have ditched 9's now justin is gone?.

I wonder If those very low tunings and 9 string work was what he was bringing to the table?.

If im not mistaken... ATB STARTED with 7 strings.

They switched to the 8's because the tunings were to low for the 7's to handle and especially for how tight their sound and playing is... not only on the albums but live as well... the natural progression for their target was to add the extra string.

Even in Justin's trial vid of the RG9 on you tube, he even said that the 9 wasn't his main guitar... just another tool in the box to get the sound he / they wanted.

Regardless... I don't see ATB breaking out the 6 stringers on stage any time soon :shred: hahaha

jmeezle

Reaction score
I'm hoping that they use whatever song is happening from 1:33-2:11 and then again at 3:17-3:35 on the new album. That sh*t is killer!

I'm hoping they put whatever song is happening at 3:17-3:35 on the new album so they can bust out the 6's again :)

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
I'm hoping they put whatever song is happening at 3:17-3:35 on the new album so they can bust out the 6's again :)

I be willing to bet... the ONLY reason why they use the 6ers is to gain the accuracy and accessibility on those sweeps / some of the more difficult higher end riffage...

But I could be wrong. I just hope this new album is the heaviest, most gut checking music to date. Regardless of what they put down I will still love it like all the rest!! :hbang: There isn't a single ATB song that isn't good in its own way.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I be willing to bet... the ONLY reason why they use the 6ers is to gain the accuracy and accessibility on those sweeps / some of the more difficult higher end riffage...

But I could be wrong. I just hope this new album is the heaviest, most gut checking music to date. Regardless of what they put down I will still love it like all the rest!! :hbang: There isn't a single ATB song that isn't good in its own way.

+1.
For some reason, with a title like "Dig Deep," I'm expecting some really ballsy tracks.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
I CANNOT FIND THE PRE ORDER FOR THE NEW ALBUM!!! Ive been frantically searching and so far it's only released in England :mad:

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
@Draceius...i cant see your post for some reason...?

It's just an embedded video, it should work, I can see it at the very least, maybe check your plugins and see if they're up to date, though if someone else lets me know if they can see it I can verify.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
It's just an embedded video, it should work, I can see it at the very least, maybe check your plugins and see if they're up to date, though if someone else lets me know if they can see it I can verify.

I can see it, so it sounds like a plugin issue to me. Kickass video, though! :hbang:

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score

Yea... Plugin. Dammnit... Gotta fix it somehow on mobile

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
NEW ALBUM ORDERED!!!! Got the bundle pack from Sumerian... Tshirt and poster with the disc... $$ veey well spent!!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Learning Lost In The Static by ear and the hardest thing is the god damn chugs. Everything else is some fancy finger work, but really fun to play.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
Learning Lost In The Static by ear and the hardest thing is the god damn chugs. Everything else is some fancy finger work, but really fun to play.

Are you kidding??! :lol: THATS THE BEST PART!!

No seriously... The timing is something ive always aspired to be able to do and following along is frustrating as all hell!

Post a clip when your done!!:hbang:

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score

S*** man I've been playing 'To Carry you Away' for years now and I still manage to mess up the timing on that second breakdown somehow.
Their stuff has always been such a blast to play. Always makes me smile how so much of it is only like a half step down and yet still sounds so heavy too.

Paul Gilbert

newborn baby
Reaction score
S*** man I've been playing 'To Carry you Away' for years now and I still manage to mess up the timing on that second breakdown somehow.
Their stuff has always been such a blast to play. Always makes me smile how so much of it is only like a half step down and yet still sounds so heavy too.

The solo in that song is really fun!:shred:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Are you kidding??! :lol: THATS THE BEST PART!!

No seriously... The timing is something ive always aspired to be able to do and following along is frustrating as all hell!

Post a clip when your done!!:hbang:

There's currently a 15 second clip on my Instagram (@harms.whey), but I keep my page private. You can follow me (I'll follow you back) and check it out, if you wish. :metal:

')