The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

lewis

Reaction score
Whoever at Sumerian thinks these green screen music videos is a good idea needs to stop.

here here, I like the video but deary me it seems cheap and cheesy as hell. Its an amazing track and I love their new album...... but this video :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I absolutely love that damn snare tone. Dry, poppy...almost "woodsy" if that makes sense. It's got this like hollow crack to it that just works perfectly.

But yes, that video is MEGA CHEESE.

lewis

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I absolutely love that damn snare tone. Dry, poppy...almost "woodsy" if that makes sense. It's got this like hollow crack to it that just works perfectly.

But yes, that video is MEGA CHEESE.

I agree. Proper Hollow wooden sound. I like it too JUST. Any more wooly/resonance on that and it would be too warm and too much low end imo. Works for their mix though. Makes a change for drum sounds to actually sound like they are made from the materials they are. Instead of like EQ'd to hell and sound lifeless and almost too metallic.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
lol, anyone remember the Pendulum video? It's been years and I still haven't figured out wtf is going on there.

Paul Gilbert

newborn baby
Reaction score
here here, I like the video but deary me it seems cheap and cheesy as hell. Its an amazing track and I love their new album...... but this video :lol:

The song deserves much more than the green screen.

This is one of those cases to where I'd much rather watch a lyric video of this tune. Save the extra production costs on something else (I honestly don't know how much these sort of things cost:ugh:)

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
It looks as if Trent's gone 7 :(

I pray this isn't the end of ATB on 8's.

Not that the music or ATB isn't good with them... its amazing still! and yes I know all their early stuff was written on 7's... its just they seemed to be the main when it came to the heavy 8. They're the reason I even picked an 8 up!

Eh... stupid shizz for me to be down about...

lewis

Reaction score
It looks as if Trent's gone 7 :(

I pray this isn't the end of ATB on 8's.

Not that the music or ATB isn't good with them... its amazing still! and yes I know all their early stuff was written on 7's... its just they seemed to be the main when it came to the heavy 8. They're the reason I even picked an 8 up!

Eh... stupid shizz for me to be down about...

I think so too. Seems that Justin was the biggest advocate of bringing an 8 string sound to the bands table. With him sadly gone it could be a combination of wanting to stay away from 8s because its a sad reminder of their friend aswell as Trent always being the 7 string guy out of the 2 of them. Shame but if their tunes stay as good as this new album going forward, then Im not overly worried.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
I think so too. Seems that Justin was the biggest advocate of bringing an 8 string sound to the bands table. With him sadly gone it could be a combination of wanting to stay away from 8s because its a sad reminder of their friend aswell as Trent always being the 7 string guy out of the 2 of them. Shame but if their tunes stay as good as this new album going forward, then Im not overly worried.

True. I never really thought of it that way. The 9 as well. Justins vid of demo'ing the RG90BK with Neo Soul was amazing...

Agreed. This album is unbelievable irregardless of what was used to write / track... 7, 8 or 9. I don't think the ATB masses need to worry about the quality of tunes. Just as long as they don't stop!

Heres a photo I found...
nyvwt2r66hdyvft4smng_zpswu32gvto.jpg

So damn young... really points to how long and how deep that relationship must've been. Still shocking...

Paul Gilbert

newborn baby
Reaction score
True. I never really thought of it that way. The 9 as well. Justins vid of demo'ing the RG90BK with Neo Soul was amazing...

Agreed. This album is unbelievable irregardless of what was used to write / track... 7, 8 or 9. I don't think the ATB masses need to worry about the quality of tunes. Just as long as they don't stop!

Heres a photo I found...
nyvwt2r66hdyvft4smng_zpswu32gvto.jpg

So damn young... really points to how long and how deep that relationship must've been. Still shocking...

They're pretty much brothers :(

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Just got back from the show tonight at Sacramento, they completely 100% stole it. The energy they brought was unreal.
Literally from the second they played the first note, the entire venue was going insane. None of the other acts even came close to that level of frenzy.
Setlist was shorter than I'd like, Lost in the Static / Berzerker / Aspiration / Collapse / A Wolf, but can't ask for much since they aren't headlining.

Side note, ERRA really killed it too. Super impressed with how tight those guys are live.

Nour Ayasso

Reaction score

Finally got a solid listen of Dig Deep through sony 7506, sounds freaking great! Deluge is definitely my favorite track off this album amongst Catacombs and The Endless March :hbang:
The quality of course a step up, definitely good enough for me :yesway: won't say much else cause 7506 lol :rolleyes:

Anyway seeing them headline on monday, pretty excited I hope their set is long and awesome :hbang:

Nour Ayasso

Reaction score
They we're sick!! What a crazy and awesome floor show!! I got 2 seconds in the mic for Lost In The Static :hbang:
Their set:
Cursing Akhenaten, Lost in The Static, Berserker, Collapse, Anti - Pattern, Your Troubles Will Cease, Aspiration, A wolf Amongst Ravens

Very awesome show :hbang::hbang:

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
That Lacoste Ibanez is awesome and hilarious at the same time.

Wait till you see what im doing on my tribute RG8!!

I think the Lacoste alligator was awesome! Set him apart and you knew EXACTLY who was playing / who's instrument that was by the sheer color alone!!

Like I said... just wait!! Need a couple parts to be delivered... then the awesomeness will commence! I just hope it channels a small bit of his talent to me!! :bowdown::lol:

Santuzzo

Reaction score
So I finally received the CD last week, been listening to it a few times through, I love the album. I would not say it's better than their previous albums, because to me all their albums are killer!

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I was at a music store last night, and I found a section of CD's of these guys. I've never heard anything by them, but I knew a lot of people here like them, so I picked up the album In Dreams. I must say, it's a pretty darn good album. Is the sound on this album a good representation of their older and newer stuff?

In Dreams is a good album...but IMO their weakest. So, if you really liked that one...you should LOVE the others.

More of my opinion,

Rareform and Dig Deep are their best
Wolves Within is awesome, and a little better than In Dreams

Latest posts

')