The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

Nour Ayasso

Reaction score
If Ibanez has ANY sense... They will do this. Too many fans... And think of the amount of proceeds that will happen.... THIS HAS GOT TO HAPPEN!!!
I mean haven't we all been talking about this since it happened? I'm surprised a petition just now went up. Me an my friends have been talking about it since it happened, we'd been waiting on Ibanez and then saw everyone painting there RG8's green. Honestly, if Ibanez did a green RG8 stock run I'd be really happy.
Edit: sad that Ibanez has a Justin page with 'next events'...
Right? It sorta bugs me when I see stuff like this...like come on man we all f*cking know what just happened.

Anyway, after reading through those dates it reminded me of the off-tour floor show they did here in vegas. Makes me sad man.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I mean haven't we all been talking about this since it happened? I'm surprised a petition just now went up. Me an my friends have been talking about it since it happened, we'd been waiting on Ibanez and then saw everyone painting there RG8's green. Honestly, if Ibanez did a green RG8 stock run I'd be really happy.

Me too man, I was kind of expecting them to and actually held off on replacing my 8 string for a long time waiting for it. Juice was one of their biggest 8-string players, eclipsed only by Tosin, I think.

I mean those dudes are some of the biggest Ibanez nerds I know, can't really think of anybody more loyal to their brand. A limited-run 8/7-string model or finish would have been on point and the best way for them to recognize him and all that he did for them.

God. It still bums me out. Even at just random points in the day, it just hits me sometimes and takes the wind from my sails, and I've only ever met the guy once. I still cannot even imagine what the boys in ATB and his family are going through.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Dude a simple bright green RG8 with a maple fretboard would be an instant buy from me. With or without the inlay. The idea of proceeds going to mental health research would be a biiiiig plus to making me buy it "now" versus some point in the future. (If that makes sense)

Mathemagician

Reaction score
So any odds of an Rg8 dealer run if Ibanez declines do anything with this? Would really like to see it be official & go for mental health awareness. Sucks that it's still a bit of a taboo subject in the US.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So any odds of an Rg8 dealer run if Ibanez declines do anything with this.

Not impossible considering Axe Palace is running a 'short run' comparably priced to the "off the rack" version. You'd just have to find a dealer interested and with enough buying power to make it a reality, which isnt a stretch.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
From ATB's Facebook page

So.... A year ago or so I decided I was done touring so I could focus on my family. I just want to thank all the bands I've toured with, all the fans that came out to shows and all of the friends I made on the road.
ATB will always be a part of me and I will miss performing. I wish Dan Dan Carle, Trent Hafdahl, and Anthony Notarmaso nothing but the best.

Looks like Lee is calling it a day

metale

Reaction score
"A year or so ago..."

More like July 21st, IMO. We knew it would take a toll on the band. Not to say that there isn't also personal issues/tiredness.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Saw them last week and they absolutely crushed it. Think it's safe to say they will continue to do so with no sign of slowing down.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Hope you're right, Jake. Reaaaallllly don't want to see these guys ever call it quits.
Kind of a bummer Lee's done even with creative input, always enjoyed his parts. Definitely can't fault him for it though, family is kind of a big deal.

aesthyrian

Reaction score
Guys, if they decided to carry on post Justin's passing, then they surely are continuing on after the departure of a bassist who AFAI didn't even record bass tracks on the latest album, or tour in the past year.

Also, Justin was a huge contributing factor the the band, much more the Lee. Not trying to sound harsh, but it's true.

So keep supporting ATB, because that's what will keep them from disbanding.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, if they decided to carry on post Justin's passing, then they surely are continuing on after the departure of a bassist who AFAI didn't even record bass tracks on the latest album, or tour in the past year.

Also, Justin was a huge contributing factor the the band, much more the Lee. Not trying to sound harsh, but it's true.

So keep supporting ATB, because that's what will keep them from disbanding.

This is what I feel. From their reaction to Justin, Trent and Anthony seem vocally interested in continuing. I haven't heard much from Dan, but I don't see any reason to assume his mindset is different. I'm sure this Lee this wasn't a surprise to any of them, and they had talked about it for a while.

Maybrick

Reaction score
This is what I feel. From their reaction to Justin, Trent and Anthony seem vocally interested in continuing. I haven't heard much from Dan, but I don't see any reason to assume his mindset is different. I'm sure this Lee this wasn't a surprise to any of them, and they had talked about it for a while.

To be honest, the impression I've always got from Dan is that hes really shy/timid.

I'll put a lot of money on it that they'll fill Lee's spot and push forwrd.

anomynous

Reaction score
They already filled Lee's spot with whoever's been touring with them since November

Latest posts

')