The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
Where is Lee? Is he still taking time off to be with his family? Have they addressed him not being on stage yet?

He played a few of their older songs at the Minneapolis show on Friday. They introduced the other bassist but didn't say if he was going to be permanent or anything like that.

Trent looks so much more comfortable shredding a 7 than an 8. I presume that most of this new album was written on a 7.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tm20

Reaction score
Dig Deep is sooo good! Laurentian Ghost :hbang:

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
Sorry guys might have missed it, who will be playing(replacing Justin) live? will Trent be alone playing with backing (guitar)tracks?

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
Sorry guys might have missed it, who will be playing(replacing Justin) live? will Trent be alone playing with backing (guitar)tracks?

No one. Waaaaaay too soon to even be discussing that.

Saw them back in november... The energy is still there a thankful they continued at all.

Trent kicked serious ass that night.

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score

Saw them back in november... The energy is still there a thankful they continued at all.

Yeah I know that it is too soon for a permanent replacement, but during live situation. When you saw them last November, did they used backing track?

just curious. thats all

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
Yeah he had a backer... But honestly it didnt take away from the show at all.

Yeah there was a huge void that everyone knew and will guarentee everyone had Justin on their minds... But the band was dead on with ever note, timing and energy.
The bassist from Athere did an excellent job too filling in for Lee...

They played "Lost In The Static" and the entire place erupted... So fvcking epic.

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
I like it, Laurentian Ghosts IMO is the best on the album by far.

The album sounds massive, way better mix and guitar tone then wolves. Drumming also sounds much better, wolves was kinda meh drum wise to meh, seemed kinda lazy.

Maybrick

Reaction score
I like it, Laurentian Ghosts IMO is the best on the album by far.

The album sounds massive, way better mix and guitar tone then wolves. Drumming also sounds much better, wolves was kinda meh drum wise to meh, seemed kinda lazy.

Im struggling to pick a favourite. I've gone from LG, Collapse, Heavy Lies the Ground and Catacombs over the last few days...

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Deluge is definitely the winner for me, but Ghosts and Catacombs are soooo very very close.

But it's semantics really, the whole album is huge. Can't remember the last time I loved every, single, song on a release.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
The disc hasnt left my side since i recieved it... :hbang:

Mire, Catacombs are wicked tracks. Super chills the second i heard the first few notes of Laurentian Ghosts (if youve listened to Justin's demo reel first...)

Overall... Unbelieveable effort from ATB all considering. I pray they come back to WNY soon! Everything that this album was propped up to be, has done that and delivered more!

Wildebeest

Reaction score
ATB, along with BOO, totally killed it tonight at the Gramercy in NYC. I'm trying to remember their set, I think it was Lost In The Static, Berserker, Aspiration, Collapse and A Wolf Amongst Ravens. I might be missing a song. They were extremely tight and super fun as always. I'm real happy to have seen them again, I think this was my 5th time. Every time I've seen them, they've been with BOO, which is think is cool. Maybe it was my position in the back of the venue, or my earplugs, but I didn't hear any of Justin's parts being played through the PA. It also seemed like Trent didn't play Justin's parts either. I thought it was a nice respectful touch. The music didn't sound any less full than it normally would have. All in all, it was a great time. I wish Justin could have been there.

lewis

Reaction score
Finally placed my order for the new CD! Now it's the waiting game .... :scream:

How did they do this? Was there a backing of rhythm guitars all the way through the songs or only during Trent's solos/leads?

from what I gather it goes in and out of the rhythm parts being on the backing and then the overlays depending on what parts Trent wants/prefers to play. So for example for the intro of Lost in the static Trent starts playing the chorus lead whilst the main rhythm guitars are on the backing, then at the half way point of that first chorus it swaps and the leads then become the backing and he changes to doing the Rhythm. Follows this pattern throughout their set

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Whoever at Sumerian thinks these green screen music videos is a good idea needs to stop.

')