The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
I was at a music store last night, and I found a section of CD's of these guys. I've never heard anything by them, but I knew a lot of people here like them, so I picked up the album In Dreams. I must say, it's a pretty darn good album. Is the sound on this album a good representation of their older and newer stuff?

Each album has a personality of its own!!

In Dreams was the first album i grabbed of theirs... Excellent thru and thru. "My Fraility", "Your Troubles Will Cease..." are wicked tracks.

But to go from Rareform to Dig Deep... The best way to sum it all up... is that its always been true to ATB! Each and every album.

The sound/production quality is different but the same on each album. The guitars NEVER fail, the drumming (now that its live... Used to be programmed) is super technical, the vocals change from their first to "Rareform - Reissue" (3 total vocalists... Anthony being the current and IMO the best out of the 3...), Basslines that somehow keep up with not only the pace of the beat but the detuned guitars... The sound has always been refined just that "lil bit more" as the albums came out... Again... Nothing short of spectacular each release.

There is something on each (at least for me)... that just sends chills down your spine... be it a solo, a super detuned open note, breakdown, drum pattern, jazzy bass line or vocal... Every album has its gems.

You just cant go wrong with anything from ATB!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
This should be a testament to how consistent these guys are, two guys just said "all their stuff is awesome but Rareform / Dig Deep is my favorite" and now I'm about to come in here and say the same thing, but about Wolves Within.

Even Forging a Future Self was a great album, I still bump A Steady Decline alllllllll the time.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
This should be a testament to how consistent these guys are, two guys just said "all their stuff is awesome but Rareform / Dig Deep is my favorite" and now I'm about to come in here and say the same thing, but about Wolves Within.

Even Forging a Future Self was a great album, I still bump A Steady Decline alllllllll the time.

As i 110% agree here... I want to clarify... I was hoping to convey in my previous post that ALL ATB material from beginning to end is nothing short of epic.

I DO NOT have a favorite album or song i can singly be able to point out. Reason... EVERYTHING hits in one way or another. There is an ATB song for EVERY mood... And yes... Even sexy time! Hahahaha

Every album can be listened to start to finish and on repeat. Yes i listen to other bands / artists... But ATB is fail-safe. Always have it in rotation.

But yes i didnt mean to leave out "Forging a Future Self"... "Pi" is just insane... Trying to pick it off... Still cant get the time sig down :lol:

Wolves is a great album. The material is "flowy, beat oriented... With a huge helping of down tune" is the best way I can describe it. It will definitely get you moving in some sort of way.

Maybrick

Reaction score
As i 110% agree here... I want to clarify... I was hoping to convey in my previous post that ALL ATB material from beginning to end is nothing short of epic.

I DO NOT have a favorite album or song i can singly be able to point out. Reason... EVERYTHING hits in one way or another. There is an ATB song for EVERY mood... And yes... Even sexy time! Hahahaha

Every album can be listened to start to finish and on repeat. Yes i listen to other bands / artists... But ATB is fail-safe. Always have it in rotation.

But yes i didnt mean to leave out "Forging a Future Self"... "Pi" is just insane... Trying to pick it off... Still cant get the time sig down :lol:

Wolves is a great album. The material is "flowy, beat oriented... With a huge helping of down tune" is the best way I can describe it. It will definitely get you moving in some sort of way.

Whats your ATB sexy time song of choice then?

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
Whats your ATB sexy time song of choice then?

AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Welp... Start out with "To Carry You Away"... Follow it up with "Your Troubles Will Cease and Fortune Will Smile Upon You". And since shes not a "Virga" anymore... You can break out "Berzerker"... And to finish it up... A nice sampling of "Pi".

See what i did there? :lol::lol::lol:

Honestly i was just trying to emphasize the point that ATB music is awesome for any situation!!!

Maybrick

Reaction score
Im disappointed no one has said Pendulum - especially how fitting the lyrics would be.

"Swinging back and forth again"

Referencing balls of course.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
When did this go from "Everything After The Burial..." to "Turning you favorite metal band in to Luther Vandross..." thread??!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybrick

Reaction score
When did this go from "Everything After The Burial..." to "Turning you favorite metal band in to Luther Vandross..." thread??!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was desperately trying to think of changing ATB songs into sexual puns or references but I struggled =[

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
I did as well, but just because I would like to see the money go towards mental health foundations or his family. It would likely be expensive as balls, and I cant afford it.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
Ive been thinking of this since i saw the post. Im not one to purchase any expensive guitar due to the fact i actually PLAY all mine... Plus i let my kiddos strum on them... Id hate to have something so expensive just being wall art...

But for this the exception will be made.

Hell i dont think i could even pick a note if i had something like this in my hands without a) feeling completely unworthy to be handling even a likeness of his guitar, b) play anything BUT After the Burial material on it and c) breakdown and lose it because he isnt here anymore to play the actual guitar for us.

If Ibanez has ANY sense... They will do this. Too many fans... And think of the amount of proceeds that will happen.... THIS HAS GOT TO HAPPEN!!!

metale

Reaction score

Latest posts

')