The Official Agile ERG Thread

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I think I'm finally gonna jump on the 8 wagon.

Rather than trawl through 208 pages, can you guys please tell me what I've missed about this next batch of Agile 8s?

What are the colour options? Have they given different scale-length options this time? Thanks (I know there's an FAQ on the first page, but these Q's don't appear to be in it!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I don't think there has been any speculation on either of those two options. The most I know about the next batch is the approximate time of ordering.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah same here. But i'm not going to order one if I'm not sure what it's going to be like in terms of specs! That would be extremely silly...

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I'm sure specs and whatnot will be clear when the time comes. I'd imagine it will be more or less the same options as the last run, maybe with some minor changes. Kurt hasn't said anything about it yet, though.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
I just hope 27" is an option. I'm not willing to get one if they're all 28.625 again. *crosses fingers*

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Well yeah I'm not saying "get rid of the 28.625", i'm just saying have a 27 option as well, for those of us that don't like ridiculous scale-lengths!

I mean, I'm an avid 25.5" user for 7s. I really don't like baritone scale, but I understand its uses where 8 strings are concerned. I just know I really wouldn't like 28". 27" is pushing it as it is :lol:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Actually, I'm fairly sure they'll still be 28.625". If you really want different specs, though, you could look into getting a custom Agile. I hear the prices are pretty reasonable.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Want 27" scale? Capo at the 1st fret.

Want 25.5" scale? Capo at the 2nd fret. :D

:fawk:

We went around and around and around on scale length in these now hundreds of pages of discussion during the development of the Intrepid. When i originally proposed this model, the spec i initially started with was 28.625"... it got longer, shorter, longer, and then back to where we started.

Personally, i probably would have been happy with 27", but the majority of people seemed to think 27" was inadequate on the RG2228, so we went with the option that would sell the most guitars. :)

I'd be surprised if Kurt changed it now, unless there's a LOT of demand for a short run of 27" scale Intrepids. If that's what you want to see in the next run, send him an email.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok dude thanks for the insight.

My only guess is that 28.625 is for the Meshuggah fanboys? :lol: I can't see it yielding any great purpose over 27".

I'll shoot Kurt an email. Thanks man :metal:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok dude thanks for the insight.

My only guess is that 28.625 is for the Meshuggah fanboys? :lol: I can't see it yielding any great purpose over 27".

I'll shoot Kurt an email. Thanks man :metal:

Actually I was one of the advocates of it, and it had dick to do with Meshuggah and everything to do with getting good tension on a low F# without using ridiculous string gauges. Then again I typically use a 68 for B on 25.5 scale so I loves me some tight strings :lol:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
28.625" was chosen because it's two frets longer than 25.5" so above the second fret, it should feel familiar. Most people felt the 27" scale didn't have enough clarity on the low F# and wanted to go longer.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Have there been any update on the ETA of run #2? I can't wait to get in on the 3rd run and am very anxious to see how the quality compares with the first run. As for the specs I think everything on the 2nd run was perfect. I love the new headstock, truss rod locations and the color choices. I just wish i had the cash at the time. That is not an issue now. I just hope all of the quality issues and mistakes we saw in the first run have been remedied in the 2nd. Also if Kurt opens the shop up for customs again I will probably just go that way.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Just as before, this run should be in around February or March. Nothing more specific has been said that I'm aware of.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
No updates as far as I know.

I, too, hope that the mistakes are kept to a minimum in this run (maybe even eliminate all mistakes :eek:).

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
After seeing the custom that was posted by one of the members here a few months back I'd really like to know if Kurt could do an 8 string Interceptor as a production model.

If the Interceptor neck pocket could be routed out for the bolt on 8 string necks that have been produced then we'd have a chioce of 2 body shapes :)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I actually prefer the contours of the Intrepid body, but the Interceptor body works quite well as an 8, too.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I finally made the final payment for my custom 30" scale Intrepid Pro. It's 3 months late so I got a free case for it :D I should get it sometimes next week if the customs don't old it back too much, I can't wait :)

')