The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score
Final payment made!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!

I also asked Kurt if he would send out a few sample pictures of the new finishes... we'll see...

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Final payment made!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!

I also asked Kurt if he would send out a few sample pictures of the new finishes... we'll see...

I'm glad someone did. It hasn't been mentioned that much, but I really want to see how the new headstocks came out. I hope they're close to the mockup.

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score
He replied and stated he only has these from the factory as of now...

IntrepinstdOBMN3.jpg

IntrepinstdOBMN2.jpg

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^
^

That looks really nice. Why didn't I get Oceanburst??????

Oh, cause I already have a blue guitar. Yea Charcoal!!!

I didn't know that the Intrepids were going to have neck binding? That's a nice little extra.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping it would look like the mockup with the little bit of natural wood in the middle, but when the real thing looks as good as it does, I'm not complaining.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Looks great... where are you seeing neck binding? That looks to me like a line in the grain of the fretboard or the shadow of the bottom string, and the seam between the fretbaord and neck. It COULD be binding, but i'd be surprised if they'd do that, because it involves more hand work and more care when fretting.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I think the maple used for the fretboard is just lighter than the maple on the rest of the neck. It gives the impression of binding, though, and does look nice.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
attachment.php

It looks like the shadow of the bottom string and a fretboard that's lighter than the neck wood.

I can't wait to see the headstock face... from the back, it looks like they nailed it. I like it better than the first-gen headstock. :)

Attachments

• intrepid_fb_detail.jpg
    intrepid_fb_detail.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 217

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the headstock face... from the back, it looks like they nailed it. I like it better than the first-gen headstock. :)

I agree. It flows SOOOOOOO much better with the body. It looks like one giant piece of art. :agreed:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
attachment.php

It looks like the shadow of the bottom string and a fretboard that's lighter than the neck wood.

But look where they side dot markers are. It could be just a streak of white in the maple, but it looks like white plastic to me.

But I really wouldn't expect there to be binding. Your right, it is a little too tedious of a process to put on a budget minded, mass produced guitar. That's why I was surprised to see it.

Latest posts

')