The Official Agile ERG Thread

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
With a longer scale length like this would you need a special set of strings?

Depends on what tuning you're using. Standard tuning just requires that you get two bigger strings on top of a standard 6-string pack. A lot of people use a 9-46 set with a 56 and a 70 for the B and F#, respectively. It does also depend on your preference of tension and general size.

In short, no, it does not require special sets of strings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
theres a maple or rosewood option on production models..
Oh sweet I didnt know that. It didnt say anything about it on the Intrepid page. That was going to be one of the only reasons I was thinking about a custom one. So thats on both the standard and pro I assume?

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
As far as i know, only the standards came with the f.board option...

Agile Intrepid Dual Standard 8 at HomeOld

Agile Intrepid Pro 8 at HomeOld

There was an option to get ebony on the pro's if it became available. You just had to talk to kurt about it.
EDIT: And my first series of interactions with Rondo music is proving to be a good one. :) I'm getting the Intrepid case now instead of the bass case.

Well my problemn is I want either a single pickup standard or a pro with just a bridge pickup with a rosewood or ebony board. I never use neck pickups so hopefully thats not my only option when they come.

Wound

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered one with rosewood fingerboard besides me?

I ordered Ghost Burst with rosewood

wow, did not think the ghost burst would look like this...looks nothing like the mockup. I do like it tho...but thought it would be more white

intrepidstandarddualghostburst.jpg

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Well my problemn is I want either a single pickup standard or a pro with just a bridge pickup with a rosewood or ebony board. I never use neck pickups so hopefully thats not my only option when they come.
Agile Intrepid Standard 8 Charcoal / Ebony at HomeOld
There's one option I guess. I don't really see any reason why you wouldn't be able to get what you want unless things change drastically in the next run. What do you mean you hope that's your only option... Your vagueness confuses me.

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered one with rosewood fingerboard besides me?
yeah i ordered a rosewood fb, charcoal dual standard..

might email kurt for a pic of what the rosewood looks like on them..

I ordered charcoal dual standard as well. I hope there will be no fuck ups with deliveries like last time when people who ordered guitars with maple boards got them ebony board guitars and vice versa :noplease:

Wound

Reaction score
Kurt replied, heres a sunburst with rosewood...
looks awesome... :hbang: im so loving the new headstock...

3287890686_2a14852548.jpg

3287071951_f573b40dff.jpg
3287890602_77e8e41c4c.jpg

That looks awesome with rosewood, in those pics it almost looks like ebony. And yea the new headstock is niice! Hopefully Kurt will send me some pics of the ghost burst with rosewood soon.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I think the sunburst on the last run was better, but that's still very nice.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I ordered Ghost Burst with rosewood

wow, did not think the ghost burst would look like this...looks nothing like the mockup. I do like it tho...but thought it would be more white

intrepidstandarddualghostburst.jpg

I'm pretty sure i sent Kurt notes about how i pictured all the finishes. Ghost burst was supposed to be a metallic white with a gray burst. That finish is nothing like that.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Looks nice though anyways, if I didn't already have an 8 I'd consider getting one of those. It's cool they use passives there :yesway:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i think the issue with the ghost burst is that they didn´t do a solid white under the burst. they just did the burst over the bare wood, it seems.

i still think they should have done the geckoburst...

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score
Let me be the first to put it out there...

I ordered an Ocean Burst Pro and from the looks of the first pics sent from Kurt, I might not like it as much...

If anyone has a desire to trade a Ghost Burst or a Sunset Burst for the Ocean Burst, I might be looking to trade out... wont know until I get my paws on the new bitch...

')