The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
One thing though, redesigned mockups showed no truss rods' covers, so they could not hide shitty alignment (like on the first batch Pros) and all the photos so far show guitars still have them.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dunno why they bother with truss rod covers. :shrug:

I also don't think doing the blue burst over mahogany was a good call on Kurt's part. Blue over brown-ish wood = poo.

But the final decisions on what products he wants to sell are his and not mine, so :shrug:

I'm pretty much out of the loop on these now.

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score
Dunno why they bother with truss rod covers. :shrug:

I also don't think doing the blue burst over mahogany was a good call on Kurt's part. Blue over brown-ish wood = poo.

But the final decisions on what products he wants to sell are his and not mine, so :shrug:

I'm pretty much out of the loop on these now.

The second Mock Up you made was slick as all hell... but the way the standards came out so far look better than the Ocean Burst pic Kurt sent me...

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
the oceanburst was a bad idea for the pros, from the sound of it... mahogany and maple neck-through = not really that pretty for that kind of a finish :p

the ash is naturally pretty and bright, so transparent/burst finishes work better with it, especially without the neck thru. i find that looks better when it´s all natural.

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score
the oceanburst was a bad idea for the pros, from the sound of it... mahogany and maple neck-through = not really that pretty for that kind of a finish :p

the ash is naturally pretty and bright, so transparent/burst finishes work better with it, especially without the neck thru. i find that looks better when it´s all natural.

I agree. The photos he sent were of the Standard Ocean Burst though... and I wasnt really all that psyched about it then... Now these killer pics of the Ghost Maple Standard and the Sunrise Rosewood Standard show up, and Im getting a bit of the buyers remorse...

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I originally ordered an Ocean Burst Pro, but I switched it soon after for a Natural. I'm kind of glad now, because I never thought of the color/wood combination until now.

Also, did anyone order Ocean Burst Standard with a rosewood fretboard? I'm curious to see what those would look like.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Agile Intrepid Standard 8 Charcoal / Ebony at HomeOld
There's one option I guess. I don't really see any reason why you wouldn't be able to get what you want unless things change drastically in the next run. What do you mean you hope that's your only option... Your vagueness confuses me.

Oh sorry. I was meaning that I hope there are some cool color options for the single pickup standards. Mabey I just havent seen all the pages but from the ones ive seen it looked as if there were only a couple colors of the single standards on their own seperate pages while the dual standards had a bunch in the pop down menu on the single pages. Not too worried though because mabey a dual pickup will come in handy.

BTW how come when I google the Intrepids only the pro and one of the standards come up?

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
There were 4 different finish options for both single pickup and Dual Standards, except Dual Standard could be ordered with rosewood fretboard.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
You know, that area of the body around the controls is much more bulbous than I remember it being.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You know, that area of the body around the controls is much more bulbous than I remember it being.

The lower part of the body has always had a slightly Jazz-bass-esque bulge to it. As far as i know, the body shape has not been altered from the first run to the second.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Uh oh, getting antsy again. My parts have started arriving. My concentric pot and knobs arrived this morning. The Schaller lockers should be here by the end of the week. And my BKP Miracle Man is ordered.

Now I just need the actual guitar.

')