The Official Agile ERG Thread

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Uh oh, getting antsy again. My parts have started arriving. My concentric pot and knobs arrived this morning. The Schaller lockers should be here by the end of the week. And my BKP Miracle Man is ordered.

Now I just need the actual guitar.

So did you find somewhere to get the right number of locking tuners or did you have to buy 2 six string sets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wound

Reaction score
Got pics of the Ghost Burst with rosewood:

IntrepidStdDualGBRN1.JPG

IntrepidStdDualGBRN2.JPG

IntrepidStdDualGBRN3.JPG

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score
Yeah... Im totally in love with the Sunset Burst Rosewood Standard... I don't think I will be persuaded to like my Ocean Burst as much... :(

God I hope someone wants to trade... LOL

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Looks cool. As soon as I get my Intrepid I have a project in the works for modifying and refinishing my Damien 7. The only clue I can give is that I have the permission from Tom Sullivans to use his artwork. So if it comes out good I may do the same to my Intrepid.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I think ebony would have looked better on Ghost Burst. The lack of color on the body/headstock kind of clashes (badly, imo) with the brown fretboard.

Oh well, if someone likes it, then so be it.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I've seen people stain it as dark as ebony. There was a thread about a guy who did it on his UV777 not too long ago. It was sick.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
i agree.. ebony should have been an option instead of rosew. oh well.. can you die rosewood?

Yes, I did it to an RG7621. It work's really well. I used the dye from Stewmac, along with some glue brushes. It's pretty simple to do overnight. All you have to do is tape off the Maple part of the neck. The dye wipes off the frets and any inlays.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
I asked Kurt for some shots of the Pro Ocean Burst, and he sent me a front shot of the the standard :( ... but a back shot of the pro.

ljk.jpg

Looks like the blue over mahogany didn't turn out too bad.

Last edited:

Wound

Reaction score
does anyone have any shots of the bloodburst? I'm really interrested in seeing how that turned out.

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
I think ebony would have looked better on Ghost Burst. The lack of color on the body/headstock kind of clashes (badly, imo) with the brown fretboard. Oh well, if someone likes it, then so be it.

i agree.. ebony should have been an option instead of rosew. oh well.. can you die rosewood?

You guys haven't been here when we were discussing them fretboard woods (judging by your Join Date). We had agreed that ebony is not an option, because pieces large enough to make a baritone 8-string fretboard are really rare (according Kurt) and it requires more work to process because of nature of the timber (budget was a priority while designing Intrepid).

It was pure lucky coincidence that we had some ebony fretboards in the first batch. There were only 10 or so guitars like that (if I recall correctly) and they costed $100 more then maple ones only because of the ebony fretboard.

And rosewood really doesn’t look brown in them pictures. It looks more as if it was dyed already (or maybe the pictures are somewhat overall dark :shrug:)

Neil

Reaction score
He could have bleached the wood first, you dont know its going to come out as poo just yet :)

Wound

Reaction score
Yes I am wondering how the burst will look on the Bloodburst. Hopefully it is the tits.

I'm wondering since the ghostburst was so much blacker then the mockup...if the bloodburst will be like that too. Hopefully there will be pictures soon.

I am so far, from looking at the pictures, really happy with how the ghostburst turned out with rosewood. I was hoping for ebony, but from the pics it looks really nice with rosewood as well

')