The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score
It's the burst i'm more concerned about.

My point exactly.
The second mock up had a lot more black in the fade towards the edges and not as much blue... :scratch:

I am totally preparing to sell it or trade it for a Sunset/Dark Burst Standard Rosewood...

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I asked Kurt for some shots of the Pro Ocean Burst, and he sent me a front shot of the the standard :( ... but a back shot of the pro.

IntrepidproOBMN2.jpg

Looks like the blue over mahogany didn't turn out too bad.

Oooh goody! :yesway:

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I asked Kurt for some shots of the Pro Ocean Burst, and he sent me a front shot of the the standard :( ... but a back shot of the pro.

IntrepidproOBMN2.jpg

Looks like the blue over mahogany didn't turn out too bad.

If the burst looks good, I may regret switching my order to a Natural Pro.

FireaL

TwoStringsTooMany
Reaction score
So will the pro ocean burst have the wood stripe down the middle showing through the finish on the front?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yep.

Based on my mockup template, here's how Ocean Burst MIGHT look over mahogany:

attachment.php

This is why i didn't initially show this as an option. Kurt decided on his own to do this colour/wood combo. If the mahogany is really light, it might look okay. But i have my doubts, and i have a suspicion that this is also why we haven't seen any shots of the front yet.

Attachments

• Pro_ocean_burst_maple.png
    Pro_ocean_burst_maple.png
    127 KB · Views: 189

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Yep.

Based on my mockup template, here's how Ocean Burst MIGHT look over mahogany:

attachment.php

This is why i didn't initially show this as an option. Kurt decided on his own to do this colour/wood combo. If the mahogany is really light, it might look okay. But i have my doubts, and i have a suspicion that this is also why we haven't seen any shots of the front yet.
It's funny that you are worried about this, because this mockup is the one that finally made me decide that I was going to get an Intrepid and that it was going to be an oceanburst. :agreed: I like it.

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score
It's funny that you are worried about this, because this mockup is the one that finally made me decide that I was going to get an Intrepid and that it was going to be an oceanburst. :agreed: I like it.

Same here! that picture never left my desktop... until recently. It has been replaced... :(

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Eh, I agree with Darren that it doesn't look quite right. There's something about having a brown undertone with a guitar finish that's supposed to be reminiscent of water that just isn't right. It's not awful, but it would look a lot better with a maple or ash veneer under it.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Eh, I agree with Darren that it doesn't look quite right. There's something about having a brown undertone with a guitar finish that's supposed to be reminiscent of water that just isn't right. It's not awful, but it would look a lot better with a maple or ash veneer under it.
Haven't you heard about what is happening to the environment? Thick brown water is the 'wave' of the future man.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
If it had ash wings instead of mahogany I think it'd look good.

Edit: Also, lol @ Kent.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
This is going to be a big "first" guitar for me.
Firsts for me on this guitar (aka my first...):
Agile
neck through
active pickup
blue guitar
burst finish
mahogany
8 string
28.625" scale
Hipshot Bridge
Can't wait. Also,
Yeah, well then I guess I'm old fashioned in what color I like my water to be. :lol:
"HEY YOU DARN KIDS, GET OUT OF MY YARD! STUFF COSTS MORE! I USED TO WALK THOUSANDS OF MILES EVERYWHERE! I EAT PRUNES! WATER'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE THICK CHUNKS OF RADIOACTIVE FECAL MATTER IN IT!" <- You being old, doing old stuff. :D
So march 3 is the estimated day these buggers will ship out, right?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just a wee bit of confusion. It was the "order" thread i asked to be closed, since it keeps getting bumped and it was only for the first run.

This thread is still open. :)

And BTW, i'm going to start neg-repping any one who sends me private messages asking about ordering an Intrepid.

READ THE FAQ!

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Just a wee bit of confusion. It was the "order" thread i asked to be closed, since it keeps getting bumped and it was only for the first run.
READ THE FAQ!
Sorry about that, I wasn't aware that it was only for the first run. That's my bad.
I believe you mean neck-thru.
Also my bad, I have a bad habit always calling both of them set neck even though I know what the difference is. Maybe because my subconscious is dumb and likes the shorter words so that's what comes out. My bad.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
It's all good. Back when I was a n00b I thought they meant the same thing because I didn't see any differences:nuts:

')