The Official Agile ERG Thread

mmotorsport

Reaction score
I absolutely love that burst with the rosewood board. :yum:

The burst finish came out awesome indeed. Not as dark on the edges as the first run but definitely awesome nonetheless. Some ebony taking place of the rosewood could have been acceptable also, but no biggie.

So can anyone who has played the Standard and the Pro tell us if there is an actual quality difference between the two?

I would actually prefer the tone of a bolt-on, but if they don't play as nicely maybe I want a neck-thru.

And Kurt, if you're watching, I'll preorder at least one of these if you offer standard scale length for the next run. Preferably in a dual-passive-pickup layout as well.

I just got one each Pro/Standard and what I can say is they both play great. I think they are both excellent quality.
The bolt on neck is a bit thinner than the thru. not enough to make it unplayable but you can tell a difference.

hope that helps

:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
Honestly, that dual darkbust is the nicest guitar there. It'd be better with an ebony board, and was neck-thru.

Guess i wait till next year's custom run.

Cameron

Reaction score
VERY IMPORTANT...

I just recieved my intrepid pro, and it doesnt fit the agile intrepid case. theres about an inch and a half of headstock more that doesnt fit. I'm assuming the case is supposed to fit the 2008 intrepid, and the 2009 new headstock is a bit longer, but I dont know for sure. Did anyone order their 2009 intrepid WITH a case and did it fit?

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Maybe they sent you an Interceptor case. The Intrepid is only few inches longer, so it'd make sense if they mixed them up.

mmotorsport

Reaction score
VERY IMPORTANT...

I just recieved my intrepid pro, and it doesnt fit the agile intrepid case. theres about an inch and a half of headstock more that doesnt fit. I'm assuming the case is supposed to fit the 2008 intrepid, and the 2009 new headstock is a bit longer, but I dont know for sure. Did anyone order their 2009 intrepid WITH a case and did it fit?

I ordered two Intrepids and they came with two different cases. One came with the Douglas case which fit perfectly. The other came with a CNB brand case. The guitar fit lengthwise but the neck slid out of the pocket midway in the case and the guitar would almost turn sideways in the case.

Cameron

Reaction score
well it says "douglas intrepid case" in the reciept, but thanks anyway. I'm emailing kurt now.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I ordered two Intrepids and they came with two different cases. One came with the Douglas case which fit perfectly. The other came with a CNB brand case. The guitar fit lengthwise but the neck slid out of the pocket midway in the case and the guitar would almost turn sideways in the case.

So to be clear, the 2009 Intrepid does fit properly into the Douglas Intrepid case then? Or was that one of last year's Intrepids?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Based on his post a few posts ago, I think he got the case after the fact.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Ha ha! Just got my Bloodburst Pro. :shred: No fancy picstory or anything because, frankly, I'm just not that clever, and I'm at work, and I was too impatient to take pictures anyway. And, since the camera on my phone sucks, no pictures at all for the moment, though I will attempt to correct that when I get home.

The guitar looks even better in person than in the pictures, which is amazing. It's darker and less glossy and actually really reminds me of a Schecter Loomis, though I haven't seen one of those in person. Everything appears to be about flawless on mine, which is a bonus. Don't let earlier reports fool you though, the fretboard is positively monstrous. The neck feels Ibanez-thin, so it's very playable and should be easy to get used to.

Being at work, I haven't plugged it in of course, but, not surprisingly, the intonation is not close, so a bit of setting up will be required. All part of the fun of getting a new guitar! Sucks that I sliced a finger on my fretting hand last night and so I can't REALLY try it out the way I'd like to, but so far this appears to be easily worth the price and maybe even worth the wait (though that part was torturous!)

You gotta post pictures because thats what I have coming to me. I was a bit worried because the pics ive seen of the standard bloodburst the red seemed WAY too bright but that may be because of the different wood. I hope its no brighter than in these pics.
http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepidproblo odburst.html

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Got moine. Nice but there's a chip out of the nut beside the low F#, I got the wrong case, there are a couple of very small hairline scratches on the back, there are some scratches on the bridge from the screws. I emailed Kurt and am awaiting a response.

I like the guitar other than these things though. It plays well and is very pretty. I'm going to have a NGD picstory posted a little later.

Bakerman

Reaction score

Sounds good, frets seem to be leveled well. The only issues I've noticed are that the nut could be slotted much deeper, probably 1-2mm on every string, and the 1st & 2nd string will need longer screws to be properly intonated. Also, the 8h string it shipped with is only a .060 according to caliper.

Seven

Contributor
Reaction score
Got my Standard 8 Bloodburst/Rosewood today and I couldn't be happier.

The stock pickups are even half decent. This is my first ERG too, and I don't think I'll be going back now after jamming on the Intrepid all day.

dsm3sx

Rise and Fall
Reaction score

Sounds good, frets seem to be leveled well. The only issues I've noticed are that the nut could be slotted much deeper, probably 1-2mm on every string, and the 1st & 2nd string will need longer screws to be properly intonated. Also, the 8h string it shipped with is only a .060 according to caliper.

Same with mine. I got a .060 for my 8th string. And I wondered why it was a bit flubby sounding.

And I as well will need longer screws for my low Eb and Ab strings. There is enough thread on the screws for the High Eb and Bb strings.

Also my Douglas case is a bit loose fitting, I might not have the right case as well

Cameron

Reaction score
Got moine. Nice but there's a chip out of the nut beside the low F#, I got the wrong case, there are a couple of very small hairline scratches on the back, there are some scratches on the bridge from the screws. I emailed Kurt and am awaiting a response.

I like the guitar other than these things though. It plays well and is very pretty. I'm going to have a NGD picstory posted a little later.

Is your case too small too?

gatesofcarnage

The Canada
Reaction score
Got my Bloodburst around 3:00pm and it is just beautiful. First thing i noticed is how smooth the neck is, it is a freaking dream to play and the upper fret access is GREAT. It is definetly gonna need a good set up i am probably going to switch the 72 to an 80 and go from there. The finish was flawless and after an exterely thourough look over there was no scratches! execpt for the hairline scratch i myself provided on the back. my complaint is (suprise) the EMG 808 which has about as much tone as a waterlogged potatoe. It took me about 2 hours to get a semi-acceptable tone out of it. so maybe a pickup change will in order or maybe i will just spend a little more time searching for something really good. But all in all the guitar is fucking wonderful. I will post pics tommarow

djohns74

Reaction score
Okay, finally, my Bloodburst Pro (and in the right thread this time). I've tried to select shots that are most representative of the color, but this one's a little tricky to pick up it seems. Natural light would probably be better, but God only knows when I'll be seeing that again here in Michigan.

To me, the first one is probably closest to how it seems in person, it's pretty dark with a very subtle burst effect, which I rather like.

EDIT: Added gratuitous ass shot for fun and to show off the full glory of the neck-thru construction :D

Latest posts

')