The Official Agile ERG Thread

troyguitar

Reaction score
Okay, finally, my Bloodburst Pro (and in the right thread this time). I've tried to select shots that are most representative of the color, but this one's a little tricky to pick up it seems. Natural light would probably be better, but God only knows when I'll be seeing that again here in Michigan.

To me, the first one is probably closest to how it seems in person, it's pretty dark with a very subtle burst effect, which I rather like.

Dude, what are the chances of you letting me try that thing out sometime? I really need to try a long-scale 8 before committing to buy one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Klompus1

Reaction score
I ordered one of these and I'm pretty excited to get it. It's going to be my first 8 string. But I'm not sure what gauge string to use for the lowest string.

On my 7 strings I generally used the Ernie Ball 10 gauge Slinkys tuned down a half step. So can anyone point me in the right dirrection for what to use for a low F?

djohns74

Reaction score

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
I ordered one of these and I'm pretty excited to get it. It's going to be my first 8 string. But I'm not sure what gauge string to use for the lowest string.

On my 7 strings I generally used the Ernie Ball 10 gauge Slinkys tuned down a half step. So can anyone point me in the right dirrection for what to use for a low F?
I pose this same question but I use 11-14-28-38-48-58 for Bb standard. What should I grab for an F?

If it holds a 6 string bass, I'd think it would be fine, though it'd be nice if they could suggest some maximum dimensions to make life easier. In case you ever find out the numbers on it, the Intrepid neck is right about two and a quarter inches wide at the nut.
That's what I thought, but like you said, no dimensions to go by. I'll contact the company or something. Thanks btw, you saved me searching for a tape measure. :agreed:

troyguitar

Reaction score
I would use something close to 8-38 + 52 + 70. Remember that the scale length is going to add quite a bit of tension.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure how recent this is but according to Rondo's site, they aretaking pre-orders on the Intrepid Standard Dark Burst/Ebony, $312.50 is the deposit with a final price of $625

Wound

Reaction score
man I hope mine fits in the case...it should since i asked him to send it in the case heh

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
I put an Elixir 68 on my low F# (I have a first run Intrepid) and that's about as light as I would go, as tuning stability isn't great. I'd go for a 72 or 74 ideally. Any heavier and the low string sounds DRAMATICALLY different from the upper strings.

Wound

Reaction score
I use a 80 on my bottom string tuned to low E...thats perfect for me...sounds really nice and clear

Niels

Reaction score
Alright, I've got my 8 strings of metal all the way here in the Netherlands =D
It's flawless, not a mark on it, perfect job. And the satin finish is awesome, real clean and slick looking. The neck friggin massive =p but it's also really thin so it actually plays quite fast. And the neck joint, man it really feels comfortable playing way up high.

The sounds just amazing, totally blows the 808 away, anytime. Clean sound can be very snappy and also warm and mellow. High gain is just pure fucking DJENT all the way, I love it.

Money well spend, and I didn't even get charged by customs, so, HELL YEAH!
Grand total 770 US Dollars, that's like 613 euro's. =D

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score
YES! It arrived! I am sooo glad I picked one up.....

Early BDay Present...
8263b8a9.jpg

Case...
a16260e9.jpg

Condom...
0e7537ab.jpg

Orgasm
3d569500.jpg

Originally, I had ordered an Ocean Burst Pro. After seeing the shots come out of the standard and pro models of OB, I knew I wasn't going to like it as much as I thought. Thankfully, Kurt did one hell of a favor and swapped my order with one that cancelled out.

Initial thoughts:
Plays fantastic! There are the typical setup issues, but these are minor and come along with getting a new guitar.

Comfortable! Feels really nice on and the neck is not as scary as I thought it would be. I don't feel like I will get worn out with it on my shoulder during a show.

The case is overly roomy and the guitar moves when I pick it up. That is something I worry about though. Im not sure if I want to go and bother Kurt again because of it.

Cosmetically, flawless. I searched for SOMETHING to be dented, scratched, or cracked, but nothing was found!!!!

I was able to dial in some fun sounds - both heavy and clean - rather quickly. Most likely, I will be tweaking the hell out of those settings in the future, but I did spend about 2 hours just on a clean setting and man - IT WAS KILLER. The heavy sound was tight and very clear.

Thanks Kurt for being super nice and thanks Darren for getting this idea off the ground!

Jerry

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I have a first run Standard and I use a .010-.056 7 string set with a .075 bass string. Feels just fine. Im honestly not thrown off or noticing any extreme change in tension besides the F# being tighter and clearer. The only bad thing is the ball end of the bass string doesnt fit inside the ferrule :( does anyone know where I can find big fat strings like that with guitar size ball ends?

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I have a first run Standard and I use a .010-.056 7 string set with a .075 bass string. Feels just fine. Im honestly not thrown off or noticing any extreme change in tension besides the F# being tighter and clearer. The only bad thing is the ball end of the bass string doesnt fit inside the ferrule :( does anyone know where I can find big fat strings like that with guitar size ball ends?

Juststrings.com I have a .074 with a guitar ball end. They have nickel wound Ernie Balls all the way up to .090.

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
How about a intrepid with a graphtech hexpander system ? :D

Can the Hexpander be installed in an eight string (8 string) guitar?

urrently, the Hexpander and most (all?) MIDI controllers are limited to six strings. There are two popular workarounds for an 8-string guitar:

1) have two of everything: two Hexpanders, two MIDI controllers, two cords coming from your guitar, and split the systems 4 + 4 strings, or 2 + 6 strings. Expensive, and a bit cumbersome.

2) Install the Hexpander and the Acousti-phonic and have six strings on MIDI, and two on piezo-only. Depending on the music you\'re playing, it may work to have the two bass strings as straight acoustic, and the rest as MIDI.

http://www.graphtech.com/kbase.html?ArticleID=10

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
How about a intrepid with a graphtech hexpander system ? :D

This is one of those mods that's probably better done aftermarket. The control cavity is huge and the saddles are a standard design for a reason. :)

Latest posts

')