The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Holy shit it's here!!!! Oh shit, my Natural Pro just arrived, and it's pretty fucking amazing. My friends and I filmed me opening it, so expect a vidstory later.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kurtzentmaier
I am thinking about building a version of the pro with a Kahler Trem
Comments ?
Interest ?
Kahler 8-string Tremolo & Hybrid Bridges » Music gadgets » Musical instruments, guitar, bass, piano, gadgets, amps, drums, keyboard, midi, percussion, synth
Also will be looking for comments on changes / new variations for our July shipment in the Intrepid.
Kurt

wow an intrepid with kahler???? omg! suggestions?? hmmm 30 inch scale intrepid!! for sure! with kahler! pro dual cepheus model with ebony board in charcoal with 30 inch scale and kahler!!! my dream machine!!!!!!

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
Now thats going to be around a grand with that Kahler 8 on it, BUT!!!, I would drop that kind of cash on it, I love Kahler tremolo's.:hbang:

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
Need to get it so I can make some 8 string LORE OF MYTHICAL PROPORTION....

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
just one more suggestion for kurt.
i know its been said a million times but i figure one more just might be the one to do it lol.
please move the bridge pickup closer to the bridge :)

revclay

Reaction score
Alright, I got my Oceanburst Pro and it is bad fucking ass. The color is much better looking in person, imo. Pictures don't do it justice. I am glad it is a matte finish as well. It looks very classy. It plays pretty well, but I am going to wait till my sets of string come in until I do a complete set up. Also, the other guitarist in my band ordered a Natural Pro today, so we shall be rocking the 8 strings as a band, which is pretty sweet.

Also, I just wanted to say thanks to Darren. Without you, this wouldn't have been possible. You are an invaluable member of this community.

jamesmafyew

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks Darren. This is my first post to the forums -- I decided to register because of this thread. I had developed an interest in 8-strings for experimental purposes and sent out a Myspace bulletin asking if anyone had a used RG2228 they wanted to sell. Almost instantaneously I got backabout 6 messages from different people telling me to check out the Intrepid, which is quite a testament to the level of user involvement in the design of these things. They were all talking about this week's shipment. I ended up ordering one of the bloodburst Pro's, and it'll be here on Monday. I feel like I got lucky that I happened to find about these instruments just as the window of opportunity opened. It's like open-source software except it's open-souce... guitars. Awesome.

I don't even play a 7-string, just baritone-tuned 6-strings, but this 8-string thing has me super excited.:hbang:

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Not to Kurt - I myself would love to see Interceptor 8 strings and satin black finish options on all models and more rosewood fretboards since ebony can be pricy for that size of neck. I could go on forever. Also my band had a radio interview that I just got home from and I kinda plugged rondomusic.com because the host got me talking about gear im using on the upcoming album so I had to drop the 8 string bomb.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
So I'm sending the guitar back to get the nut fixed and get the correct case sent back with it. So long as this goes good I will be very happy with Rondo and RIDICULOUSLY pleased with my purchase. Guitar is wonderful; comfortable neck, good sound, great sustain, marvelous high fret access, over all just grand. So here's to another wait as the nut gets fixed and the case gets switched. :cheers:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I picked up my Intrepid for the first time in a few weeks tonight and noticed that the fretboard seems to have shrunk a little bit and the frets are now pushing the filler out of their slots along the edges of the fretboard. I'll have to take a file to it. But overall, i'm still blown away with how resonant my Intrepid Standard is. I think Ash may be my new favourite body wood.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Ive definitly been an alder man for the longest but yeah I agree, my Standard also sounds amazing. And is very loud unplugged.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
HUGEly loud... i think it's the 28.625" scale giving it all that volume.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Arrggghhhh, this is taking forever. Yesterday, my Intrepid spent over 12 hours just sitting in the Newark FedEx hub. I know they have to coordinate everything, but as a logistics major, it bugs me that a company that is that large and does that many deliveries can have packages sitting in one location for that long. Not very efficient.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Im so glad I got my Intrepid. I love it. I do think it is my favorite of all my guitars. And the crazy thing is its also the cheapest lol.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Oh man, I'm loving my Intrepid to death. It's just so damn comfy!

Latest posts

')