The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Neither can I, but I'm still not 100% sure I will be able to get them, and if I do I'd have to wait at least 4 weeks until they get here.

Also, which would you rather see: black or red coils? I can't decide. I'm thinking red coils would look badass, but at the same time black coils would match the hardware.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I am starting to think I'm gonna do the higher string thing on my 8. I know about the really light strings, but I see people asking for 25.5" scale 8 strings for the high A. Is the Intrepid's scale too long to do high A?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I am starting to think I'm gonna do the higher string thing on my 8. I know about the really light strings, but I see people asking for 25.5" scale 8 strings for the high A. Is the Intrepid's scale too long to do high A?

No. Like I said in the other thread, you can still go to high A on a 28.625" scale with O4P strings. I think they claim their strings can get you to high A on as long as a 30" scale.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I think it looks alright, but I think it'd look better if it was a solid finish on the front like it is on the back.

:agreed: The back doesn't look half bad. It's just that brown/yellow "somebody lost control of their bladder and bowel in the pool" splotch on the front that throws me off.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
oh ok so yeah i think either black or red coils would work well with the natural pro

and WOW that oceanburst pro is so sexy! if only it had the cepheus :(

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I'm thinking black, too, but I'm getting black coils for my Septor, which is black and has an ebony fb, so I think I might want to get red coils just so it differs from that.

revclay

Reaction score
I'm thinking black, too, but I'm getting black coils for my Septor, which is black and has an ebony fb, so I think I might want to get red coils just so it differs from that.

The red coils look bad ass, I think. I would go with the red. But keep in mind, I'm the one who thinks the Oceanburst's top looks sexy. Just to forewarn you, hahaha.

troyguitar

Reaction score

It's not too long, we just don't want to deal with different fret spacing and tone from all of our other guitars.

Urbane

Reaction score
But if your stringing an intrepid for a high G is o4plus your only option?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
A .007" might work. The ol' string tension calculator gives it a tension of 14.15 pounds, which is a little stiff, but manageable.

Urbane

Reaction score
ok i thought it might i cant seem to find one though i was hoping i could almost manage with a .008 but ok didnt order my intrepid yet though waiting for the new runs cant decide which way i wanna string it yet ill find use either way though :hbang:

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Is the tweed case the best fitting of the cases available?
I've heared about some fitting-issues:ugh:

No word yet but Kurt shipped mine in the tweed case so it has to be big enough. I will let everyone know exactly how well it fits when I get mine.

Latest posts

')