The Official Agile ERG Thread

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Ready for a buzz kill?

I'm going to have to sell my Intrepid already. I have pretty bad psoratic arthritis and I just can't handle the extreme stretches that I have to perform on it. After playing for about 20 minutes today, I could barely hold a glass of water.

I've got it posted in the classifieds for anyone who is interested.

Damn, man, that sucks big time. :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
SO has anyone else had luck drilling the hole bigger on the F# tuner?

I've previously drilled out a locking tuner to accept a .070, it's not too hard. But honestly, I would just unwind the top portion of the string. It's a pain, but you won't have to risk compromising the stability of the tuner.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
So I spent some time playing and found exactly why one fret on one string is buzzing. It looks as if the 7th fret is too low only on the low F# but all the others have plenty of clearance when fretting on the 7th fret. Thats the only conclusion I can reach.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Is it just the lighting in the pics or did they miss a spot in the stain right under the neck?

I hadn't notice, but yeah, there is a tiny spot without the stain. Honestly, it's hardly noticeable in person unless you're looking for it. I guess the lighting in the picture really highlights it.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Ready for a buzz kill?

I'm going to have to sell my Intrepid already. I have pretty bad psoratic arthritis and I just can't handle the extreme stretches that I have to perform on it. After playing for about 20 minutes today, I could barely hold a glass of water.

I've got it posted in the classifieds for anyone who is interested.
That sucks man. What scale are you used to using that doesn't bother you? Have you thought about just getting really light strings? Could that help maybe? Before you have to sell it?
I've previously drilled out a locking tuner to accept a .070, it's not too hard. But honestly, I would just unwind the top portion of the string. It's a pain, but you won't have to risk compromising the stability of the tuner.
I've heard this, but why wouldn't the string unwind when you tried to tune it after you did this? Does anyone have a picture that explains this to me?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So I spent some time playing and found exactly why one fret on one string is buzzing. It looks as if the 7th fret is too low only on the low F# but all the others have plenty of clearance when fretting on the 7th fret. Thats the only conclusion I can reach.
So what do you do about that? Send it back, or have someone local pop the fret out and put a new one in, and level that to the height of the others? I ask because I have a guitar that has a low 22nd fret at the high E, and it drives me frickin' NUTS to be playing a dissonant 23rd fret when I press what should sound the 22nd. But I don't know what the easiest way to get around it is. (And, now I'm paranoid about my Agile coming tomorrow that it will either have these intonation issues or an overly leveled fret).

Wound

Reaction score
SO has anyone else had luck drilling the hole bigger on the F# tuner?

I drilled up my F# tuner. I use a 80 string tuned to E and that didn't fit...couldn't be bothered unwinding so i drilled it...no problems...did the same thing with my RG2228...the weird thing is the Intrepid I have from the first run...80 string fit throught the tuner...no problem...so they must have changed that for this run.

Which brings me to the fact thet I got my Ghostburst yesterday! awesome guitar...took it straight to practise after changing strings of course...awesome guitar...was a couple of small things in the paint job...looked like some dust or something was in there...but nothing major. The case I got with it was horrible tho...the Intrepid fit in it..but the neck supporters were broked completely off the case when it arrived. luckily no damage to the guitar. I screwed them back in the case, but if I have the guitar in the case and carry it the guitar slips out of the neck support and is pretty much all over the place in there...so I can't use it. E-mailed Kurt about it, so hopefully we can work something out. It was a GBN case or something I think. I'll post some pics of the ghostburst after work today.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if these 8s that are on the site at the moment are actually the pre-orders for the 3rd batch. If they were, would they not have the 1/2 now, pre-delivery text and an estimated date for delivery?

Nice and easy to find the 8s now though :)

rondomusic.com 8 String Guitars

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If they're full price, i believe that means they're guitars Kurt has in stock.

peavey_impact

Hamer fanboy
Reaction score
Which brings me to the fact thet I got my Ghostburst yesterday! I'll post some pics of the ghostburst after work today.

Can't wait to see them! I wanted a Darkburst but didn't feel like waiting so I ordered one of the Ghostbursts yesterday, and I believe it is shipping out to me today! I personally think it looks really crappy in the pics on the website; please tell me it looks better in person :(

The one in the website pics has very little discernible grain :mad:

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
If they're full price, i believe that means they're guitars Kurt has in stock.

That's what I thought.

I am tempted to pick up a single pickup standard now, but the prospect of a twin Cepherus (sp?) Pro with satin finished 5 piece neck in the 3rd run is holding me back.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
So I sent an e-mail to kurt clearly explaining the issue with the F# tuner peg opening being to small for the strings specd on the intrepids page and told him about the fret issue that was discovered (see earlier post). This morning I got a reply talking about how to properly intonate the guitar and taking the spring off the low saddle if I had to. I officially think Kurt is retarded.

Me: "im having an issue with the F# bottoming out and buzzing on the 7th fret but having plenty of clearance everywhere else. The other strings seem fine on that fret so I think the fret was shaved down too low on the end with the F#."

Kurt: Thanks - well the strings shipped with the bass should match - it might be the very ends on some strings are different diameter ? Also the guitar was setup and perfectly intonated here based on the the F# tuning.and the strings included. If you need to move the saddle more - you might remove -or cut down the spring on the saddle screw to get more movement towards the bottom of the bridge.

The good thing is my guitar guy said he can easily drill out my tuner and fix the fret issue (he is pretty sure its the same thing I think it is)for me for next to nothing but it really sucks seeing quality issues that affect playability. I understand they are selling these cheap but they should still try and keep up with the big companies.

troyguitar

Reaction score
A new guitar needing fretwork is absolutely "keeping up with the big companies" :lol:

Just hit up GC and try a few guitars, I bet you get through at most 5 before finding one that needs fretwork.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
I drilled up my F# tuner. I use a 80 string tuned to E and that didn't fit...couldn't be bothered unwinding so i drilled it...no problems...did the same thing with my RG2228...the weird thing is the Intrepid I have from the first run...80 string fit throught the tuner...no problem...so they must have changed that for this run.

Which brings me to the fact thet I got my Ghostburst yesterday! awesome guitar...took it straight to practise after changing strings of course...awesome guitar...was a couple of small things in the paint job...looked like some dust or something was in there...but nothing major. The case I got with it was horrible tho...the Intrepid fit in it..but the neck supporters were broked completely off the case when it arrived. luckily no damage to the guitar. I screwed them back in the case, but if I have the guitar in the case and carry it the guitar slips out of the neck support and is pretty much all over the place in there...so I can't use it. E-mailed Kurt about it, so hopefully we can work something out. It was a GBN case or something I think. I'll post some pics of the ghostburst after work today.
It was most likely the CNB 220 bass case. That's the one that I was sent instead of the Intrepid case the first time. That's supposed to be getting fixed/replaced with the nut.

Wound

Reaction score
It was most likely the CNB 220 bass case. That's the one that I was sent instead of the Intrepid case the first time. That's supposed to be getting fixed/replaced with the nut.

Kurt has already sent out a tweed case for me. Awesome service!
The pics are comming...still not home from work yet :)

')