The Official Agile ERG Thread

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
The tweed case fits pretty well. Its fits right up with the edges of the body but does slide a bit long ways but the upper horn catches before the headstock catches the end of the case. Even with the body slid all the way up the headstock has quite a bit of space from the end of the case.
Kurt has already sent out a tweed case for me. Awesome service!
The pics are comming...still not home from work yet :)

Does anyone know when the custom shop will be open for business?

They just stopped taking orders like a week or so ago. Probly wont open back up for awhile now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Urbane

Reaction score
I am tempted to pick up a single pickup standard now, but the prospect of a twin Cepherus (sp?) Pro with satin finished 5 piece neck in the 3rd run is holding me back.[/quote]

im the same im waiting for the dual pro is holding me back from a standard also cant wait till they come out

jamesmafyew

Reaction score
How low have most people been able to get their action? I'm detuned 1 semitone to F-standard, using D'Addario 10-59 + 80 strings. The action seems high to me when I get rid of most of the fret buzz.

Would swapping up to 11s be too much for the neck on the Pro? Anyone think I'd realistically be able to get the action lower with the higher tension? Or is the size of the strings the actual impediment? Maybe go to 9s?

The spec'd string tension is 16-17 lbs per string in F#-standard, and in F-standard the 10s give 18-19ish lbs. 11s in F-standard would be like 20-22 lbs per string. Too much? Worth it?

I play stupidly heavy strings on my baritone-tuned guitars (I have a Telecaster in A-standard with 14-70 on it!), but this necessitates pretty high action on them.

jamesmafyew

Reaction score
truss rod?

Well yeah, that's a given. I adjusted it for an 'optimal' .010-.015" relief when holding down the first and 19th frets, in its current setup of 10-59+80. I'm assuming I'd have to readjust if I changed gauge again --- but all things being equal, I'm just wondering whether I can get lower action by going up or down in gauge. Right now it's like 3.5mm on the bass side and 3mm on the treble side (at the 12th fret), which seems high to me.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Well yeah, that's a given. I adjusted it for an 'optimal' .010-.015" relief when holding down the first and 19th frets, in its current setup of 10-59+80. I'm assuming I'd have to readjust if I changed gauge again --- but all things being equal, I'm just wondering whether I can get lower action by going up or down in gauge. Right now it's like 3.5mm on the bass side and 3mm on the treble side (at the 12th fret), which seems high to me.

Heck yeah, that seems high! I certainly hope you can get it lower than that, b/c mine is showing up tomorrow, and 3mm is just too damn high. Does it buzz all over the place, or just in the upper register? As far as the tighter strings, those strings you have on, in that scale length, only detuned to F, should be plenty tight, I would think.

jamesmafyew

Reaction score
Heck yeah, that seems high! I certainly hope you can get it lower than that, b/c mine is showing up tomorrow, and 3mm is just too damn high. Does it buzz all over the place, or just in the upper register? As far as the tighter strings, those strings you have on, in that scale length, only detuned to F, should be plenty tight, I would think.

Yeah that's what I would think. It buzzes fairly uniformly --- originally it was most a problem mid-neck, but after the truss rod adjustment that went away. Maybe my criterion for "buzzing" is just too picky? I can't hear said buzzing in through the amp, but it still irritates me.

Hoff

Reaction score
The tweed case fits pretty well. Its fits right up with the edges of the body but does slide a bit long ways but the upper horn catches before the headstock catches the end of the case. Even with the body slid all the way up the headstock has quite a bit of space from the end of the case.

Does someone have a picture of an Intrepid in an Intrepid case?
I'd like to see if I've actuallly gotten the bass case too.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Check your PM. I have a dual pickup pro for sale right now in the classifieds.

I am tempted to pick up a single pickup standard now, but the prospect of a twin Cepherus (sp?) Pro with satin finished 5 piece neck in the 3rd run is holding me back.

im the same im waiting for the dual pro is holding me back from a standard also cant wait till they come out

Bakerman

Reaction score
Right now it's like 3.5mm on the bass side and 3mm on the treble side (at the 12th fret), which seems high to me.

How do the nut slot depths look? Mine will need to be filed at least .75 mm (treble) to 1.5 mm (bass) deeper to not be unnecessarily high.

GorillaSalsa

Reaction score
Anything can be made to fit. It's my experience that NOTHING is a direct replacement for Grover Mini Rotomatics. Not even Grover's own locking Mini Rotomatics. Sperzels will also have to be drilled out to accommodate the thicker strings. I believe they will only take up to a .060 gauge string.

Sorry to quote this so late, but the reason I had asked was because this page said that the Grover tuning hole drilled was larger than that of the Sperzel, which would mean the Sperzels wouldn't fit, right?

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger. I just ordered the last Standard Dual Ghostburst. I am VERY happy. This worked out perfectly. I was bummed when I didn't have the coin at the time to get in on the preorder, but now I am glad I didn't. At that time I would have ordered a Standard in Oceanburst. I actually only wanted a bridge bucker back then, but since I bought my single bucker Ibby a few months back now I definately want a neck pickup in the 8. Also while it is nice I don't like the oceanburst as much as i thought I would now that I see it. So at this point the Ghostburst Dual Standard is EXACTLY what I want now, and with no waiting. AWESOME!!! :hbang: I still haven't seen any pics of the ghostburst in the flesh though.

Reaction score
Im new here. Glad to be here. I bought an intrepid pro instock on Sunday. I just recieved it today hopefully the pictures will work here. I put a picture of it in the case, the case is too big like others have mentioned but it seems to be okay this picture isnt very good. I can take another of the case if anyone is interested. I might add something in the case above the headstock to keep it from sliding. I have a couple more pictures of this beast. Maybe Ill post them later if these work.
l_0065617ff619445087bd972237cf1fdc.jpg
l_6b7af7e2af8b4455b453116dece29140.jpg
l_b9c96609c91d43f5aacfc02dc4321a00.jpg

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Im new here. Glad to be here. I bought an intrepid pro instock on Sunday. I just recieved it today hopefully the pictures will work here. I put a picture of it in the case, the case is too big like others have mentioned but it seems to be okay this picture isnt very good. I can take another of the case if anyone is interested. I might add something in the case above the headstock to keep it from sliding. I have a couple more pictures of this beast. Maybe Ill post them later if these work.
l_0065617ff619445087bd972237cf1fdc.jpg
l_6b7af7e2af8b4455b453116dece29140.jpg
l_b9c96609c91d43f5aacfc02dc4321a00.jpg

Welcome to the site. Great first post. That thing is awesome.

jamesmafyew

Reaction score
How do the nut slot depths look? Mine will need to be filed at least .75 mm (treble) to 1.5 mm (bass) deeper to not be unnecessarily high.

Yeah that's probably a good part of it. I tweaked everything super-slowly tonight and managed to get it down to 2mm on the treble side and ~2.8mm on the bass side. There's still some buzz but it's not anything awful, and certainly not audible through the amp.

I had already filed the slots for the two lowest strings because of the larger gauge, so they're where they need to be, but the upper strings look like they could use some work. So it may not be so bad after all.

djohns74

Reaction score
Well, I got my new strings today. I went Ernie Ball Super Slinky (.009 - .042) and added two more EB Nickel Wound singles, a .056 and a .074. As others have mentioned, I had to unwind a bit of the .074 to fit it into the tuner, but that was really no problem at all and worked great once that was done.

The tension on all strings is very nice, and the definition and snap of the 74 tuned to F# is simply outstanding. The clarity even through distortion is greatly improved and power chords on the bottom two strings are actually playable and distinct-sounding now.

The most interesting part to me is that all 8 strings were suddenly intonated almost perfectly right after the string change without adjusting the saddles at all! Two of the middle strings, maybe the G and A, I don't remember now, were off just slightly, probably wouldn't even be noticable, but the F# was just perfect. Weird, but a good thing in my book.

')