The Official Agile ERG Thread

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The tip of the headstock doesn't have any structural importance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
.080 on a 30"! I'd use a .075 on the Intrepid @ 28.625" in F# standard. I tune down a semitone so the 080 at F is just right for me... and I like things on the tight side!

Haha, I should point out that I also tune down a semitone, but the 80 was just a massive fucking workout every time I wanted to play it! The 72 has just the right degree of flub for me, as well as a ball-end that actually fits into the ferrules, haha.

abadonae

This Fury Reborn
Reaction score
hey people, im a newer member, i just recently ordered a left handed intrepid pro 8 in bloodburst, with the thru neck and single EMG 808, do people want me to put up a review of it when it arrives in july?

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
actually maybe i could get a 9 string with 35 inch to 22.5 inch fan do you think? i want the frets to be as close to parallel with the strings as possible!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
actually maybe i could get a 9 string with 35 inch to 22.5 inch fan do you think? i want the frets to be as close to parallel with the strings as possible!

Yeah, and get some epic 3 step bends in the high register! A fan like that would be soooo Spinal Tap!

G0DLESSENDEAVOR

Reaction score
Wow, I was taking a look at the price's and was blown away with a 750.00 Agile Intrepid Dual Bloodburst Standard 8. If Rondo accepts custom specs, they will be the first to see. Very affordable and I still have money left for a gift.

Basic Specs I have at the moment:
Neck-through maple neck, maple fretboard
mahogany wings
maple quilted top
30 inch scale
string through

Bigju

Reaction score
That's it !
After spending months reading this topic almost every day, I finally decided to order an Intrepid. I just can't believe I could buy a 8-string that basically rocks ( I trust you guys, I didn't received it yet, but quite everyone in here seems to be happy with the beast, why wouldn't I ? :) ), for about 500 bucks.
This site rocks, and so does Rondo. Thanks for making this whole interpid thing a reality.

First post, btw, Hello Everyone !

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
That's it !
After spending months reading this topic almost every day, I finally decided to order an Intrepid. I just can't believe I could buy a 8-string that basically rocks ( I trust you guys, I didn't received it yet, but quite everyone in here seems to be happy with the beast, why wouldn't I ? :) ), for about 500 bucks.
This site rocks, and so does Rondo. Thanks for making this whole interpid thing a reality.

Welcome :wavey:

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
That's it !

I was kinda scared to get an 8 stringer before because of it being so low ended, and didn't know if I would like going that low, but damn I don't regret it at all, and you don't have to go bankrupt for one either, thats one thing that eased my pain of forking out money for one, that and reading everyone elses posts helped too.:hbang:

Plus you'll want to change out the strings for bigger ones when you get yours.

8 Strings of Lore!!!

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I was kinda scared to get an 8 stringer before because of it being so low ended, and didn't know if I would like going that low, but damn I don't regret it at all, and you don't have to go bankrupt for one either, thats one thing that eased my pain of forking out money for one, that and reading everyone elses posts helped too.:hbang:

Plus you'll want to change out the strings for bigger ones when you get yours.

8 Strings of Lore!!!

yeah i was pretty weary at first as well. with the longer scale and low low strings and all. i wasnt sure i would like it. but omg dude its awesome! no regrets!!!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So I finally filed the nut down on my Intrepid pro. It's been bugging me because the open strings were sitting way higher above the first fret than the strings do above the 2nd fret when you fret them on the first. I actually had a guitar tech at the local music store file it down, but then I got it home and wanted the DGBE even lower, so I filed those strings down more. It made a pretty substantial difference and lowered my overall action .3 mm or so. I've got my high E at just about 1.6mm at the 12th fret. Any lower and I fret out during bends. Anyway, that's what I did, FWIW. Cuz I knew you guys were just dying to know what I did with my evening.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
Don't feel like reading through 336 pages.

Overall, is this guitar worth it? I'm thinking about getting one for fun and for 700 or so it's pretty reasonable, also I love natural finishes so that's a plus too.

I just never played and Agile and by the looks of their other stuff it's all 'knock offs' but this is an original agile...

')