The Official Agile ERG Thread

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Where can I buy bareknuckle pickups (specifically the miracleman, for my Intrepid) in the U.S.? And how well will that fit into the 808 sized cavity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
zimbloth is a bkp dealer
I knew there was someone on the boards that was but I couldn't remember who. Thanks.
Anyone know about the fit? (and I've already PMd zimbloth)
EDIT: I talked to Zimbloth and I'll be getting a Painkiller for my Intrepid as soon as I sell one of my sevens.

jamesmafyew

Reaction score
I knew there was someone on the boards that was but I couldn't remember who. Thanks.
Anyone know about the fit? (and I've already PMd zimbloth)
EDIT: I talked to Zimbloth and I'll be getting a Painkiller for my Intrepid as soon as I sell one of my sevens.

I'm waiting on a Cold Sweat 8 from Zimbloth, and also got a MM8 from another SS.org member. I'm going to try both and see which I like better.

I had pickup rings made by both Dave @ Frets on the Net and John @ pickuprings.com. There was a thread about this here:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...g-for-mounting-bkp-in-agile-intrepid-pro.html

I will update this thread with pics of the pickup + both rings + templates this weekend. Based on the tight fit of the mounting screws inside the 808 cavity, I want to revise the templates slightly.

gatesofcarnage had a ring done by Dave, presumably from my template, which Dave was going to make available to everyone (not sure), and is currently waiting on a BKP from Zimbloth also:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/pi...5-gatesofcarnages-bkp-intrepid-adventure.html

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
My guess is it would be pretty ugly without one. Another option you have is a custom pickguard.
Maybe, I figure it'll just look weird, and I think I'm going to not worry about it for now. Maybe after I get it in and play it a while I'll pick up a ring. No way I'm putting a pickguard on it though. I got my "poo-water" finish as many would say and I likes it. :fawk:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Maybe, I figure it'll just look weird, and I think I'm going to not worry about it for now. Maybe after I get it in and play it a while I'll pick up a ring. No way I'm putting a pickguard on it though. I got my "poo-water" finish as many would say and I likes it. :fawk:

Me too! Poo-water ftw! Seriously, though, I hate pickguards, so I'm thinking of doing the BKP with the pickup ring thing. For you guys considering the MM, CS or PK, how did you decide on that particular one? I can't decide.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Me too! Poo-water ftw! Seriously, though, I hate pickguards, so I'm thinking of doing the BKP with the pickup ring thing. For you guys considering the MM, CS or PK, how did you decide on that particular one? I can't decide.
Talk to zimbloth and tell him what sounds you want and the like and he can help you decide. Mine was really easy apparently: I told him what I wanted and gave him these examples:

(the solo)
He said that the painkiller was what I wanted without a doubt.
I'd talk to him.

Adriatic

Reaction score
Just wondering if any fellow Aussies have purchased one of these?

Could I possibly be the first :scratch:

Most people i have talked to about these over here have never heard of them before. As soon as they check them out they are VERY interested though :agreed:

Praying mine gets to me in one piece :ugh:

Hey mate...

Got one from the second run.. arrived almost unblemished.. but the damage is so miniscule.. unless i point it out... no one would ever know.. (scuff mark on top horn)

3339963196_4202a606fa_b.jpg

jamesmafyew

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the DC resistance measurement is on the Cepheus pickup? Or even better, any other electrical stats on it like inductance, resonant peak, etc.? Measurable output in mV?

Adriatic

Reaction score
Hopefully there will be more Aussies ordering in the next run.. from the last 3 gigs ive played with my intrepid, at least 3 people from each show have asked where to get one from...

its kinda odd.. u see the pics before u get one and yer like.. yeah they look pretty cool.. and then when it comes and you see it in person.. theres like an aura that surrounds it..

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Hopefully there will be more Aussies ordering in the next run.. from the last 3 gigs ive played with my intrepid, at least 3 people from each show have asked where to get one from...

its kinda odd.. u see the pics before u get one and yer like.. yeah they look pretty cool.. and then when it comes and you see it in person.. theres like an aura that surrounds it..

That FB of yours looks like Ebony. Is it, or is it Rosewood?

Adriatic

Reaction score
its rosewood.. never played on an ebony before.. would love to try one.. aesthetically they are very pleasing to the eye...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Email Kurt, he'll more than likely give you a few bucks back.

Hey mate...

Got one from the second run.. arrived almost unblemished.. but the damage is so miniscule.. unless i point it out... no one would ever know.. (scuff mark on top horn)

3339963196_4202a606fa_b.jpg

GorillaSalsa

Reaction score
Just stopped by to post a little anecdote:

I've been looking at amp heads a lot recently and I'm pretty much set on a Carvin V3. I had heard of the Peavey 3120, though, and when I called the Guitar Center in San Antonio, they said they had one, so I went to go try it out. I thought about not bringing the Agile 8 along because normally I get people wanting to rub their dirty hands and interrogate me about it, but I thought it would be best to try the amp out on some low B riffage (I tune BEADGBEA), since GC rarely to never carries 7-strings.

So I go there and talk with one of the sales dudes whom I'm pretty friendly with about it, and he hands me this PRS to try it out on. I'm working my way around the knobs and such, when I realize that this PRS is broken...only the Bridge humbucker works. So I look around for a quick guitar to try some warm clean neck pickup stuff on and I pick an Ibanez that retailed for something like $700.

It sounded like SHIT! The pickups were noisy as all hell, and I couldn't manage to get a decent distortion sound, and the clean channel sounded horrible. The rhythm channel couldn't decide if it wanted to be too heavy or off, so I was kind of upset.

Then I thought to go get my Agile 8 out of the trunk. A world of difference...within minutes, I got all my favorite sounds...I was able to get a nice warm beautiful clean, a bluesy overdrive (with a coil tap/split) on the rhythm channel, and a deep chunky riffing distortion on the lead channel. I couldn't believe that the stock pickups in my guitar were better than those in an Ibanez of equal price and a pretty badass although damaged PRS of all things.

The reason I'm posting this is for everybody who wonders about the stock pickups. I doubt I'll replace them, unless I just get bored one day or I don't like the way the V3 sounds with them when I get it.

')