The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jayarpeggios

Reaction score
You're new 8 looks amazing! Please posts some sound clips when you get a chance.

where should i? youtube? soundclick? i need to get something better to record with.. maybe this isnt the spot to ask but anyone recommend anything to record with thats less than 200$ (maybe more depending on the quality) ?

it does sound great.. i think the 808's (dont have any have used tho) might be better for the heavier distorted stuff but these cepheus pups sound great for clean and distortion.. im still tweaking the tone so yea but i am more than happy with the guitar im thinking i might buy another with the 808's (or maybe put some lundgren m8's) in it but blue..

Jarabowa

Reaction score
Ordering one next week...

I'm pretty used to playing a standard Bass and a 25.5 scale 7 string.

I'm just having trouble deciding between getting a 28.8" or a 30"?

I went for the 30'' Intrepid with zero baritone scale experience, and it's really not as bad as it may seem. It took me about a week of playing to get used to the longer scale, but now I've built up a bit more hand strength and dexterity.

Werwolf999

Reaction score
where should i? youtube? soundclick? i need to get something better to record with.. maybe this isnt the spot to ask but anyone recommend anything to record with thats less than 200$ (maybe more depending on the quality) ?

it does sound great.. i think the 808's (dont have any have used tho) might be better for the heavier distorted stuff but these cepheus pups sound great for clean and distortion.. im still tweaking the tone so yea but i am more than happy with the guitar im thinking i might buy another with the 808's (or maybe put some lundgren m8's) in it but blue..

I don't think you can beat a Line 6 Guitar Port for the money, but I'm sure if someone knows of something better they'll tell you.

I've had some really good results w/ the BKP Warpig I put in a 7 string about 6 months ago. Don't have any experience w/ their 8 string versions, but, going on the tones I'm getting out of the 7 now, I think I just might go w/ another one of those if I go w/ an Agile 8.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
If you're going to be doing a lot of recording, and especially if you record something other than distorted guitar, I'd invest in an Apogee Duet. You can have the best possible guitar and pickup, but if you record through something crappy you'll be shooting yourself in the foot.

Werwolf999

Reaction score
If you're going to be doing a lot of recording, and especially if you record something other than distorted guitar, I'd invest in an Apogee Duet. You can have the best possible guitar and pickup, but if you record through something crappy you'll be shooting yourself in the foot.

Aren't those Mac only?

jayarpeggios

Reaction score
well im going to being doing a lot of clean and distorted... my style is some what like animals as leaders.... some what lol... the point is that if the tone would sound good for that then most likely it will sound good for me.... i will do a sound test for you guys when i get something to recorded with.. still deciding tho but when i do i think ill post me doing tosin abasi's point to point i cant express how much fun this song is.. i dont have it fully tabbed out but i am almost done with it.

oh and i changed my mind about the price... im removing my limit cause i need it to be good enough quality for a project ive been working on/still working on... and should i make a new thread for this cause this is recording for the agile 8... but im not sure if that fits here.. maybe i should just link it in here.

dan_xiii

Reaction score
Hey guys

Got my Agile Intrepid Standard 828 MF Dark Burst MN a couple of weeks ago. Just finished my first recording with it and I absolutely love it! These pics ain't great (used built in cam on mac) but listen to the song to see what this beast can do!

2zhlgth.jpg

23kc5js.jpg

(btw the camera reverses images - im not a lefty)

SoundClick artist: Fallen Skies - This is stuff I have been recording. Currently looking for band members in UK (Reading/Newbury area)
Used podfarm for the recordings.

Enjoy!

mgcasella

Reaction score
Good job using the low-end! :hbang:

Hey guys

Got my Agile Intrepid Standard 828 MF Dark Burst MN a couple of weeks ago. Just finished my first recording with it and I absolutely love it! These pics ain't great (used built in cam on mac) but listen to the song to see what this beast can do!

2zhlgth.jpg

23kc5js.jpg

SoundClick artist: Fallen Skies - This is stuff I have been recording. Currently looking for band members in UK (Reading/Newbury area)

Enjoy!

RG7

Reaction score
Hey guys

2zhlgth.jpg

23kc5js.jpg

Enjoy!

sick shit dude.

You make me want.

dan_xiii

Reaction score
Hey guys

Im tuned down half a step to F - but the whole recording was done over a few weeks so it may be a bit flat or sharp in some parts. Also, i would have used ms paint if i was using a microsoft machine :p

Also big thanks to everyone thats listened to the clip - I'm number 1 in alternative metal and number 6 in metal charts on soundclick! :woohoo:

Gameboypdc

Reaction score
My Agile Intrepid 8 string 30" scale was delivered to my door today, just maybe 15 minutes ago! WOOOT!!!!:hbang: This baby plays like a dream.:shred:

I must say THANK YOU SS.org MEMBERS!!!:bowdown: You guys popped my 8 string cherry. I made the blind purchase cause of yall and thanks to Rondo Music for supplying such an amazing product at a price that blows my mind. I can't wait to get another when more 30's come into stock or Custom shop starts up again.

WOOOOT!!!!

AngryGoldfish

boy in a coma
Reaction score
Dan - I'm thinking of picking up pretty much the exact model you've got there. What are the stock pickups like, though? What do you think on them?

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Has anyone run the string sizes posted in the rondo site through a tension calculator? Just wondering how balanced their default strings panned out for tension.

')