The Official Agile ERG Thread

space frog

Reaction score
I am pretty much sure I want it, but my budget is quite limited and all I found so far were 2000$ + guitars except the ESP Carpenter model which doesn't interest me. So Agile is my first pick but I'd prefer to be sure that I put the money somewhere I cannot be disappointed...

Edit: just received my answer from Kurt and there's nowhere I can try it as people told me and as I thought, so the only way I could is if someone would let me play his, which I doubt will happen...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
You do know that kurt will give you a full refund if you don't like the guitar for any reason...

space frog

Reaction score
^^Yeah I know...

^I thought it was possible in Canada too? Aren't all policies for USA + Canada? It's like 7 days to get full refund + shipping, 30 days for full refund but you pay the shipping...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^Yeah I know...

^I thought it was possible in Canada too? Aren't all policies for USA + Canada? It's like 7 days to get full refund + shipping, 30 days for full refund but you pay the shipping...

E-mail Kurt to be sure.

mgcasella

Reaction score
Hey bud,

My advice to you is, honestly, just to go for it :metal:

There have been nothing but awesome reviews for the Intrepids, as well as other stuff put out by Kurt. I remember, before I bought my Agile AB-3500 Baritone, I thought "Will I like it? I want to try one out before-hand". Of course, I couldn't find anything close to it to try - the closest I came was a 26.5" seven-string Schecter.

After all the hemming and hawing, I just bought one and now I am in love :wub: and I can't wait for my Intrepid!

Just do it man - I'm sure you won't regret it :hbang:

I am pretty much sure I want it, but my budget is quite limited and all I found so far were 2000$ + guitars except the ESP Carpenter model which doesn't interest me. So Agile is my first pick but I'd prefer to be sure that I put the money somewhere I cannot be disappointed...

Edit: just received my answer from Kurt and there's nowhere I can try it as people told me and as I thought, so the only way I could is if someone would let me play his, which I doubt will happen...

space frog

Reaction score
Yeah I decided to just go for it. But I was told to wait for the Interceptor... 2 EMG actives plus a Kahler Bridge... 1000$, but I'd have to wait until May... So I might search for a used 7 string and then buy the 8 string Interceptor.

As you said i haven't heard anyone say anything negative about Agile guitars in general, and everyone or so told me to go for it...

But thanks for the advice.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Actually if you watch Rondo for the next few weeks im sure he will have leftovers from this run that is shipping this month.

Whiskey_Funeral

Reaction score
Hey, guys!
I've been lurking this forum for a while and finally decided to sign up. I just got an Agile Interceptor Pro 828 in yesterday and wanted to post some picture. I know a million other people already have, but there could never be enough pics of eight strings floating around on the web.
First off, I definitely recommend doing business with Rondo and Kurt. They're pretty friendly and helpful with any questions you might have. I originally placed my order for the Oceanburst but then Kurt told me they might be sold out so I told him Bloodburst would be fine if they were out of stock, so when the box came in I had no idea what would be in it.
I've been playing it constantly since yesterday and I can't believe how well it sounds and plays for the money. I could only spot a couple of minor cosmetic flaws that can barely be noticed (a couple of spots where dust or something may have gotten under the finish, scratches under the saddles which I've seen with a few other guitars on here, etc.). I assumed that the setup would suck, which is almost always the case when buying a new guitar from any company, but I was surprised to find that it was pretty spot on, even the intonation. I'm definitely going to try tracking down some new strings. The F# is a little floppy and slinky like. I think a .72 is on it, I'm going to try and find a .74 or .76 if they even make those. Pictures really can't do this guitar justice. I posted a pic with it next to an Ibanez RG if anyone thinking about buying one is concerned about the scale length. It does make some stretches a little difficult, but I think that after playing on it for a few weeks I won't even notice it. The change doesn't feel as drastic as I thought it would.

CIMG4778.jpg

CIMG4777.jpg

CIMG4775.jpg

CIMG4774.jpg

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Hey, guys!
I've been lurking this forum for a while and finally decided to sign up. I just got an Agile Interceptor Pro 828 in yesterday and wanted to post some picture. I know a million other people already have, but there could never be enough pics of eight strings floating around on the web.
First off, I definitely recommend doing business with Rondo and Kurt. They're pretty friendly and helpful with any questions you might have. I originally placed my order for the Oceanburst but then Kurt told me they might be sold out so I told him Bloodburst would be fine if they were out of stock, so when the box came in I had no idea what would be in it.
I've been playing it constantly since yesterday and I can't believe how well it sounds and plays for the money. I could only spot a couple of minor cosmetic flaws that can barely be noticed (a couple of spots where dust or something may have gotten under the finish, scratches under the saddles which I've seen with a few other guitars on here, etc.). I assumed that the setup would suck, which is almost always the case when buying a new guitar from any company, but I was surprised to find that it was pretty spot on, even the intonation. I'm definitely going to try tracking down some new strings. The F# is a little floppy and slinky like. I think a .72 is on it, I'm going to try and find a .74 or .76 if they even make those. Pictures really can't do this guitar justice. I posted a pic with it next to an Ibanez RG if anyone thinking about buying one is concerned about the scale length. It does make some stretches a little difficult, but I think that after playing on it for a few weeks I won't even notice it. The change doesn't feel as drastic as I thought it would.

Awesome !

Thanks for posting these pics and the information.
And welcome to the forum.:wavey:

Lars

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Hey, guys!

Ditto to what Lars said - NEVER feel guilty about posting pics! I have the exact same Intrepid, and I just love it!

space frog

Reaction score
Yeah really nice pictures. I wasn't sure about the look of the oceanburst Intrepid when I was looking at it on the website but on those pictures it looks absolutely gorgeous!

Actually if you watch Rondo for the next few weeks im sure he will have leftovers from this run that is shipping this month.

Did they do any interceptors in that run? Cuz if not I'll wait until May to have one...
And a 30" scale is quite too long if I want to put a high A string instead of the low F# right? I'd better go with the 28,625" scale...

mgcasella

Reaction score
Don't worry, Rondo makes 8-strings that also have 25" and 27" scales, so the A string shouldn't be a problem for you :metal:

Yeah really nice pictures. I wasn't sure about the look of the oceanburst Intrepid when I was looking at it on the website but on those pictures it looks absolutely gorgeous!

Did they do any interceptors in that run? Cuz if not I'll wait until May to have one...
And a 30" scale is quite too long if I want to put a high A string instead of the low F# right? I'd better go with the 28,625" scale...

space frog

Reaction score
^Yeah but not for the interceptor with EMG's? Anyways it doesn't matter since I'll tune it 1½ step down, so the high A string will become a F# and the low B string will become a G#, I'll only need to find extra light strings i guess...
Not too sure though (I don't know much about the guitar itself yet...), it's the lighter gauges that need less tension to reach the wanted note right? For example a lighter E string will have less tension than a heavier one right?

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
^Yeah but not for the interceptor with EMG's? Anyways it doesn't matter since I'll tune it 1½ step down, so the high A string will become a F# and the low B string will become a G#, I'll only need to find extra light strings i guess...
Not too sure though (I don't know much about the guitar itself yet...), it's the lighter gauges that need less tension to reach the wanted note right? For example a lighter E string will have less tension than a heavier one right?

you can do the high f# with normal strings, but it´ll be a bit tight. a .08 will work pretty nicely for that.

space frog

Reaction score
Even with a 30" scale?
I'll try, but I might as well find a set of strings that's the same as a 7 string pack with a high A and tune it down, I prefer strings to be looser...

')