The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djohns74

Reaction score
Is there an interest in a 9 string ?

Kurt
Less interest than an 8 string I'm sure. That having been said, especially with the excellent reputation and price point of the Agile 8 strings, if you were to offer one, I'm quite sure you'd have several orders almost instantly. Hell, I have absolutely zero practical use for one and I'd still be tempted just because I know that it would be awesome.

space frog

Reaction score
Dudes, I got very lucky. I had made a payment for the May run on an Intrepid 828 MN Dual Darkburst, and 2 days ago I got an e-mail from Kurt offering me to get one of the present run since there have been some cancellations on exactly that model. Needless to say I grabbed one!!!!

It's gonna be shipped tomorrow or on monday!!!!:shred::yesway::metal::hbang::bowdown:

Do you know if there were any Interceptors in that run?

Kurt

:eek:
*Raises hand*
:hbang:
Oh yes there is!

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
:eek:

What kind of tuning and scale would that be?

I'd think it would just about have to be fanned to be practical to most people. I'd also assume it would be made around the idea of a 2 low + 1 high tuning, which sounds rather nice.

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score

Kurt

OMG yes! :lol:

It would be ideal IMO to go one string higher this time, so what scale length do you have in mind? A fanned fret 9 string will probably sound right... or maybe a fixed 26.5" or so...

EDIT: :ninja:'d by TomAwesome :lol:

Ironberry

Reaction score
I might have to think about one if it was made. I personally hate multiscales, so I would surely vote to have a standard scale. 27" might work.

Magero

Made of wax.
Reaction score
I can't see myself wanting to own a 9-string. I'm not a shredder, so I don't need the extra high string and if it went LOWER, well, I already play bass....:lol:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Yea I know, but I honestly think he suggested it WAY to soon, he has to let the 8 concept go through.

What do you mean go through? I think it has been pretty successful. Kurt seems to really be into making these crazy instruments, and I think that's great. As the number of strings increases, the niche gets smaller, but if Agile is the only company out there making affordable production 9s, that will give it a bit of a boost. In this respect, the sooner the better.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
if a 9 string agile is made, it NEEDS to be fanned to have any practical use.

edit: that is, considering people will be using commercially available strings

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
Kurt wants our money and he knows how to get into our wallets :lol:

kurtzentmaier

Reaction score
I think a fixed scale - 27 or 28.625 to start - still working out the "kinks" in a fanned fret 7 - then will do an 8 shortly after. I did have some interesting discussions with Kayler on a 9 string trem if that would be.... desirable?

kurt

')