The Official Agile ERG Thread

Lasik124

Reaction score
My 8 and all of his have the Kahler's (Interceptors, by definition, have a trem. Otherwise they're called Sceptors). And you'll know if yours is OK if:
1) It intonates correctly
2) You can adjust the action to a reasonable level

I can't imagine any other major issues with it. But, of course, those of us with them from the last run have worked out the kinks, so let us know if you have Qs.

Oh! well I learned something new thanks for the little piece of info, did not know Interceptors came standard with Kahler :yesway:

And okay! Thank you, I will everyone on this forum is very helpful!:agreed:

Fedex says I'll have it by Thursday very excited and hoping for the best!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ra1der2

Reaction score
You know, I was thinking the same thing. Technically speaking, the arch top Kahlers typically have the little screw in things that go where the TOM studs were, and the front edge of the Kahler is supposed to rest on that. But in the case of the Interceptors rests on the body itself, which is curved. Then again, if it's put on the Intrepid, with it's hardtail bridge, you'd probably have to sink it a bit (route the body).

So let me ask you a question about this most recent Interceptor of yours: did you try using the adjustments screws on the studs to pull the trem as far toward the butt of the guitar as possible? I've actually got mine pulled quite a ways back to get it to intonate correctly. Again, mine was routed 1/4" too close to the neck, so I had to compensate with those screws because the studs were off by about 1/8".

EDIT: Btw, what scale length did you get on that one? I'm wondering if the 28.625 would sound as good as my Intrepid on the F#, because on the 27" it's just a tad muddier (due to a need for a thicker string, I think).

I think the intrepid being a flat top would make it easier on them, but who knows really.

I chose the 28.625" scale. Yeah, I moved it back to the point that the trem no longer functioned at all because it was hitting the edge of the route and the LB and F# were still way out of whack. The bridge would have to be re-routed at least another 1/4" to 1/2" back for it to intonate properly, and of course moving that back would not only expose routing in front of the bridge, but place the bridge pickup in a bad position as well, it's just an epic fail man. I am really depressed about the whole thing, which is why I suggested that Kurt spend a little time to figure out why it happened so it doesn't happen again, you know.

Nosedevil

Reaction score
A pic of my Intrepid Standard 828.

Attachments

• 000_0158.JPG
    000_0158.JPG
    747.3 KB · Views: 158

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I hate pickguards, but somehow this does look kinda neat.

Haha, totally! Exactly what I was thinking.

I think the intrepid being a flat top would make it easier on them, but who knows really.

I chose the 28.625" scale. Yeah, I moved it back to the point that the trem no longer functioned at all because it was hitting the edge of the route and the LB and F# were still way out of whack. The bridge would have to be re-routed at least another 1/4" to 1/2" back for it to intonate properly, and of course moving that back would not only expose routing in front of the bridge, but place the bridge pickup in a bad position as well, it's just an epic fail man. I am really depressed about the whole thing, which is why I suggested that Kurt spend a little time to figure out why it happened so it doesn't happen again, you know.

Yeah, sounds like it's the exact same issue as on the last run. Somebody needs a new ruler over in Korea or something. I'm not one to criticize, being as how I've never built a guitar, but it would seem like routing a bridge in the correct location would be one of the easier parts of the build.:scratch: Sucks in your case, but you could return it and cross your fingers another one shows up on the website and nab that.

space frog

Reaction score
Probably that he could get it exchanged too...
Also the pickguard on the intrepid is really sexy. I'm not a fan of pickguards either, but it is a nice add to the look of the axe IMO.

mgcasella

Reaction score

If I were you, I would definitely return it to Kurt. I've heard he is awesome with customer service so I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal.

Also, if I were Kurt, I would want to see with my own eyes what and where the factory screwed up. If anything it would probably be helpful for him for when he discusses it with his contact in South Korea.

Also, regardless, you paid for a 100% functional guitar and this this doesn't sound to me like it is 100% functional.

It's a win-win situation all around if you return the Agile - do it! :hbang:

Nosedevil

Reaction score
Before and after. To be honest, I'm also not a fan of pickguards, but gave it a shot anyways. It came out looking really sexy, indeed.

Attachments

• 100_2553.JPG
    100_2553.JPG
    706.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 000_0164.jpg
    000_0164.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 118

Meshugger

Reaction score
What brand of strings are on the Intrepid/Interceptor/Septors as standard? I am just asking, because they have to be the sharpest things that i ever have had layed my hands on! I managed to cut my thumb on the high E after downtuning them a half of semitone.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
What brand of strings are on the Intrepid/Interceptor/Septors as standard? I am just asking, because they have to be the sharpest things that i ever have had layed my hands on! I managed to cut my thumb on the high E after downtuning them a half of semitone.

hahah! that´s insane!

i would use .09´s or .08´s. maybe the strings on there were .10´s or something. it should be .09´s though.

Meshugger

Reaction score
hahah! that´s insane!

i would use .09´s or .08´s. maybe the strings on there were .10´s or something. it should be .09´s though.

Aww, shucks then.

I have a bunch of 10-46 elixir strings + a separate .056 D'Addario for the low B, and a .074 D'Addario for the low F#. Would that require a trussrod adjustment, or am i still in the "safe" zone?

Maybe the elixirs aren't as sharp then, hopefully.

Nosedevil

Reaction score
hahah! that´s insane!

Totally true. The bigger the gauge, the tighter the string due to the scale length. I've got EB .008 on my guitars and they did not require any truss rod adjustment.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Anyone think we should see if kurt will do some Intrepids and Septor/Interceptor 8s with a bubinga, spalted, and zebra wood tops like on some of the basses??? I think it would make them look alot more exotic.
hxb406natblhfl5a.jpg

hxb406natspalted1.jpg

hxb406natzebrawood1.jpg

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Spalted would probably be the easiest thing to ask for as he has had plenty of product with spalted tops before.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'd like to see some options like that, sure. But from what I've seen the Rondo spalted maple is not the best. Very little figuring and not much depth. My vote would be for the bubinga, or anything else with a lot of character like that. And given the paucity of decent ebony, we should probably stick with woods that would match well with maple or rosewood FBs. Like, I think that bubinga body would go really well with a maple FB.

')