The Official Agile ERG Thread

slanderous777

Reaction score
MY god!!! I want an 8 string soooooo bad. I've seen Agile Guitars and went to the Rondo site. Are these guitars "good"? I saw them priced "VERY" low and I wonder since they are cheap in price, if their construction would be cheap as well? Any of you rock these?

Their prices are low but some posted prices are deposit prices dont forget, so click for their description to see what their full price will be. The ones that say (deposit for May 2010) for example post about 50% of the price where you have to pay the second half before shipment. When in doubt just check the full description of each,

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
If you look at the new agile 8 finish poll on the first page I think thats what I would like us to shoot for. I was thinking a fixed bridge neck thru pro model with passive pickups and possibly ebony boards. As of now we are just checking out opinions on finishes but im going to pitch the "pro" idea to kurt as we still have plenty of time before the next run.

definitely dude, i would put a deposit down pretty fast if the scale length was at least 28 5/8", ebony boards, and neck through. that's what i want to see from them.

please ask Kurt to make sure that the routes are not for active pickups like we had on the latest batch of interceptors.

space frog

Reaction score
Their prices are low but some posted prices are deposit prices dont forget, so click for their description to see what their full price will be. The ones that say (deposit for May 2010) for example post about 50% of the price where you have to pay the second half before shipment. When in doubt just check the full description of each,

And if it's international shipping you MUST order a case, which is about 60$ if I remember correctly.

slanderous777

Reaction score
And if it's international shipping you MUST order a case, which is about 60$ if I remember correctly.

Ya,but if you buy them from his ebay they don't need a case I believe. Not sure but going to canada is almost the same as shipping to the continental USA you just have a few extra days in customs but I don't see how it's any rougher for the guitar than standard shipping in the usa would be.

RG7

Reaction score
Ya,but if you buy them from his ebay they don't need a case I believe. Not sure but going to canada is almost the same as shipping to the continental USA you just have a few extra days in customs but I don't see how it's any rougher for the guitar than standard shipping in the usa would be.

Shipping to canada is a lot more pricer then shipping to the 48 states, not including taxes.

Meshugger

Reaction score
Shipping to canada is a lot more pricer then shipping to the 48 states, not including taxes.

If you look back in the thread, the FedEx shipping costs to send an Agile guitar is the same to Canada as it is to Europe.

RG7

Reaction score
It's probably why I kinda refuse ordering something low end from the site.
the Al series deal won't be that much of a deal anymore then 75 dollars is added+ a case which I don't even want.

Rational Gaze

LithiumDawn Voicebox
Reaction score
Anyone here own the Agile Intrepid Pro 828 MN Oceanburst MN? I LOVE the way this thing looks but I'm wondering how it plays and sounds. Gracias.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Anyone here own the Agile Intrepid Pro 828 MN Oceanburst MN? I LOVE the way this thing looks but I'm wondering how it plays and sounds. Gracias.

Yup. That would be me. I LOVE the thing. I had to file the nut down some (I'm very finicky about my action at the first fret) but it plays like buttah. And mine has a single EMG808, which I actually have no problem with (18V mod). A lot of people hate the EMGs, but I like this one. I keep getting ready to sell it, because I have another 2 8s in the pipeline, and I'm not sure I'll need 4 8 string guitars, but every time I play it, I feel like I should keep it. So I say, go for it! I actually think the Intrepids plays better than my 8 string Interceptor std.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the FedEx charge you pay for shipping to Canada does include taxes and customs brokerage.

slanderous777

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the FedEx charge you pay for shipping to Canada does include taxes and customs brokerage.

Didn't on the last 2 peices of gear I've ordered from the states. No idea why. But anyways I've shipped alot of sold gear to the stes and to canada and there is usually only a 10$ difference between the two. Not sure why it would be a big difference the other way around.

Reaction score
Guys, eight strings are driving me crazy. I have been wanting to order one, but i decided to wait, to see if i could get a b stock or a left over. I missed my chance to get a sweet b stock recently so now im just wondering if i should get the Intrepid Pro 828 MN Nat. Should i wait for others or should i get the Intrepid? what are the down sides to getting this particular intrepid?
Agile Intrepid Pro 828 MN Nat at RondoMusic.com

Demeyes

Reaction score
I did my first gig with the Intrepid on Sunday. It's one from the October run, it's a dual standard bloodburst. I thought I might post the pics here. I've had it a while but only really started bringing into my bands music over the last few practice sessions, no recordings with it yet.
21950_104861526208716_1000005460818.jpg

21950_104861552875380_1000005460818.jpg

21950_104861586208710_1000005460818.jpg

space frog

Reaction score
^Seems pretty sweet.
I really wished they would have made an interceptor pro with a shorter scale. I want to tune my 8 string (low to high) G# to F# (like B to A 1½ step down) and 28.625 is way too much, 30 is outrageous... If they ever do one I'll seriously be interested.

Meshugger

Reaction score
^Seems pretty sweet.
I really wished they would have made an interceptor pro with a shorter scale. I want to tune my 8 string (low to high) G# to F# (like B to A 1½ step down) and 28.625 is way too much, 30 is outrageous... If they ever do one I'll seriously be interested.

There was a Lizard burst Interceptor with 25.5" scale back in January, but it looks like it is gone for the moment (the Interceptors seems to be reaaally popular). Be sure to check it out every now and again, because you never now when a B stock might show up until may.

Point being, Rondo does offer 25.5" 8-stringers.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
I contacted Kurt about replacing the 808s with the new 808X pickups. Hes going to look into it and see if he can get them about the same price.

slanderous777

Reaction score
I contacted Kurt about replacing the 808s with the new 808X pickups. Hes going to look into it and see if he can get them about the same price.

Great idea! Not a big fan of actives at all but the x series is better than the normal ones. I'll probably still go for some 8 string passives.

space frog

Reaction score
There was a Lizard burst Interceptor with 25.5" scale back in January, but it looks like it is gone for the moment (the Interceptors seems to be reaaally popular). Be sure to check it out every now and again, because you never now when a B stock might show up until may.

Point being, Rondo does offer 25.5" 8-stringers.

Mmh, yeah I think I saw it... the thing is that at that moment I still had not decided what I wanted, and lately options have been running out... If there is a 9 string out at one time though, I WILL get one, whatever the scale is.
And then I'll build a 10 strings guitar:agreed:.

Latest posts

')