The Official Agile ERG Thread

Universe74

Reaction score
In case people don't happen to see the post I made about this, I just wanted to let everyone know in here, Schaller mini locking tuners are a direct fit replacement for the ones used on the Intrepids. Use the old screws though, not the ones that come with the Schallers.

Great info. I might grab a set of these. I'll have to see if they are available in Canada. I'll likely try to drill them larger to avoid unwinding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Great info. I might grab a set of these. I'll have to see if they are available in Canada. I'll likely try to drill them larger to avoid unwinding.

Check to see if Warmoth ships to Canada, that's where I ordered mine from. They sell them as singles so you don't end up having to buy 12. As for drilling them out for bigger gauges, I'm not sure how that would work out. The locking system is basically a bearing(that's what it looks like) pushed up against the string within the tuner hole. Drilling would also damage the bearing and probably damage the tuner to the point of it not working. I suppose if you were able to disassemble the whole thing you could do it. I didn't try to see if they disassemble completely though. Even then, considering a .054 didn't fit, drilling for a .074 would require quite a bit of a size increase. It may damage the system, disassembled or not. On the plus side, Warmoth has them for $10 each so if someone wants to experiment, have at it and let us know how it goes.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
In case people don't happen to see the post I made about this, I just wanted to let everyone know in here, Schaller mini locking tuners are a direct fit replacement for the ones used on the Intrepids. Use the old screws though, not the ones that come with the Schallers.

Thanks for the info!:yesway:

Have you installed your on your Intrepid yet?
If yes, did that work out fine?

The tunes that came with my Intrepid are fine, and I haven't had any tuning issues so far.
Did you have any problems with the original tuners that were on your Intrepid? Of did you get the locking tuners for the improved tuning stability?

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score

Santuzzo

Reaction score

Universe74

Reaction score
Check to see if Warmoth ships to Canada, that's where I ordered mine from. They sell them as singles so you don't end up having to buy 12. As for drilling them out for bigger gauges, I'm not sure how that would work out. The locking system is basically a bearing(that's what it looks like) pushed up against the string within the tuner hole. Drilling would also damage the bearing and probably damage the tuner to the point of it not working. I suppose if you were able to disassemble the whole thing you could do it. I didn't try to see if they disassemble completely though. Even then, considering a .054 didn't fit, drilling for a .074 would require quite a bit of a size increase. It may damage the system, disassembled or not. On the plus side, Warmoth has them for $10 each so if someone wants to experiment, have at it and let us know how it goes.

Good info...I see they do ship to canada. Thanks.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
is there any way we could please.... PLEASE have a run of the same exact thing as the intrepid dual pro maple board.... except as a sceptor? (neck through) :wub:

There is a poll that I started about 2-3 pages in that are pretty much exactly what youre asking about. Ive been talking to kurt about it and its looking pretty promising but it wont happen until later this summer likely.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...ossible-agile-8-string-wood-top-finishes.html

space frog

Reaction score
Good news: There are interceptors available in 25.5 inch scale right now.
Bad news: I got no cash.
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

slanderous777

Reaction score
Good news: There are interceptors available in 25.5 inch scale right now.
Bad news: I got no cash.
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

25.5 would be really loose for an 8 string. I know your schecter will be 26.5 which should be the minimum on 8 string's. I played an ibanez 2228 with it's 27 inch scale and the F# was all over the place with the stock gauges.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
25.5 would be really loose for an 8 string. I know your schecter will be 26.5 which should be the minimum on 8 string's. I played an ibanez 2228 with it's 27 inch scale and the F# was all over the place with the stock gauges.

Unless he plans on going with a high A, in which case, 25.5 would be fine.

space frog

Reaction score
That's exactly what I plan on doing, putting a high A. But at the same time I plan on tuning it 1 and a half step down afterwards... anyways...

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
There is a poll that I started about 2-3 pages in that are pretty much exactly what youre asking about. Ive been talking to kurt about it and its looking pretty promising but it wont happen until later this summer likely.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...ossible-agile-8-string-wood-top-finishes.html

btw galius, i don't want to sound like an ass, but imo for a lot of people the passive pickup covers would be a dealbreaker. i really hope the sceptors stick with the regular passive pickup design...

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
btw galius, i don't want to sound like an ass, but imo for a lot of people the passive pickup covers would be a dealbreaker. i really hope the sceptors stick with the regular passive pickup design...

We werent really shooting for anything but standard passives. I had just noticed he was shipping some with covered passives and wasnt sure what the deal was with them.

Dopethrone

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new of the forum and I would thanks you all for the important things I've always read here.

Well, I would like to buy an Agile Intrepid 828 MN Charcoal at RondoMusic.com but:
-I'm not sure about the tax from US to Italy
-anyone has ever had exeperience with shipping to Italy?

Anyway I would like to have the most of information you can give to me about shipping to Italy.

Thanks, Daniele

(Se c'è qualche italiano che ha avuto esperienze al riguardo mi contatti in privato o tramite Msn)

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i bought a knife from frank beltrame in italy. to have it shipped to america cost me 100.00 bux :( dont know if it is because it is a switchblade or what?

swayman

Reaction score
I'd like also to know if ship with fed ex is safe or if I'll get my guitar broken or ruined.

From my experience with Fedex, I'd definitely use them again.

I had my guitar shipped from Rondo in the US to Australia, no problems. It took them just over 3 days to get it to me.

Not sure what taxes you'll have to pay, you should call your customs department, tell them what you're shipping in, how much the guitar costs, they should be able to tell you if there are any charges to bring it in.

Hope that helps! :metal:

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Ive shipped stuff from the US to the UK and basically really quick rule of thumb for here is to just swap the $ sign for a £ sign on the price and thats roughly what it would be after shipping/customs/VAT, not sure what Italy is like for those sort of things but UK is pretty high when it comes to import charges :evil:

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
Ive shipped stuff from the US to the UK and basically really quick rule of thumb for here is to just swap the $ sign for a £ sign on the price and thats roughly what it would be after shipping/customs/VAT, not sure what Italy is like for those sort of things but UK is pretty high when it comes to import charges :evil:

Yeah. Same thing works over here in Sweden. Just switch the $ with kr (Swedish kronor) and add a 0 at the end (exchange rate is 1 $ = 7 - 8 kr depending on the current rate). The rest is customs/VAT.
Rondo has shipping for most guitars at ~ 120 $ for a guitar with case to most oversee countries.

')