The Official Agile ERG Thread

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
I was planning to jump on one of the prototype models, but after playing one of their 7's with the same neck profile (uniform), I'm going to pass. It was a bit thicker than I was wanting to go and the Pendulum is supposed to have the same neck profile. I was hoping for the slim profile instead.

Regardless, the Pendulum is badass and I might still get one just because. :lol: A fan for that cheap is great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fler

Òran Mór
Reaction score
Yeah I can't remember what the projected costs were to be like, but it should be a good buy regardless.

6Christ6Denied6

Reaction score
what is the difference between the standard and the pro models besides one is neck thru and the other is bolt on?

RG7

Reaction score
what is the difference between the standard and the pro models besides one is neck thru and the other is bolt on?

standard has an ash body and pro has a mahogany body with a 5-piece neck-thru walnut maple neck (correct me if i'm wrong)

and I think the single pickup pro models come with an EMG 808 which I believe this forum hates, and the standard has " Cepheus " pickups.

I think rest is the same, length, tuners, bridge, radius, width, finish, nut etc.

RG7

Reaction score
question, is the ash body on the standard intrepid model 3 piece, 2 or 1?

space frog

Reaction score
It happened that I had to exchange a guitar cuz the neck was bolted so wrong that the E string would be on the fretboard from the 15th to the 24th frets. That's the kind of things that can happen with bolted necks, so that's why I prefer neck through guitars.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
It happened that I had to exchange a guitar cuz the neck was bolted so wrong that the E string would be on the fretboard from the 15th to the 24th frets. That's the kind of things that can happen with bolted necks, so that's why I prefer neck through guitars.

Correction: That's the kind of thing that can happen with shitty guitars. In all honesty, you probably could have fixed that yourself in 5 minutes. Had it been a set neck with that problem, however, you really would have been out of luck. Just because low end guitars use bolt on assembly does not mean that bolt on itself needs to be low end.

space frog

Reaction score
Eh... I don't think that a Jackson DK2M Dinky is a shitty guitar. I got another one with the neck set correctly and honestly I've always felt like I paid that guitar way too cheap. And I was 15 years old, knew nothing about guitars, and even now that I'm building my own guitar and that I know much more about the instrument itself, I'm not sure if I'd unbolt a neck and fix it myself. If the holes are done wrong, then you have very few chances of replacing it right IMO.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
I love how the single pup Intrepids still have the same route for the passives. I think that proves that the alleged "feature" of having routes that work for 808s is nothing more than a cost cutting move by Kurt so he only has to pay for 2 different body/route combinations for the Intrepids.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I love how the single pup Intrepids still have the same route for the passives. I think that proves that the alleged "feature" of having routes that work for 808s is nothing more than a cost cutting move by Kurt so he only has to pay for 2 different body/route combinations for the Intrepids.

Interesting. I hadn't noticed the larger routes on the Intrepids with Cepheus pickups.

I have a natural Pro with dual Cepheus pups, and waver off and on about signing up for the custom-sized Q-Tuners to fit the Cepheus routes. Since it was the only dual passive Intrepid Pro with an ebony fretboard I've seen, I don't really regret my purchase, and the Cepheus pickups have surprised me with their usefulness. Maybe I'll finally go the Q-Tuner route in the next five years....

space frog

Reaction score
Did you guys look at the new 8's for September deposit?

Rondo Music Electric Guitars

Do they keep adding new body types for deposit? 2 at a time? Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks

I don't really dig that headstock on the charcoal... Anyways I'll pick up mine tonight :shred:
And for the deposits, I don't know cuz I first started looking at those when the May run was up for deposit and virtually all the guitars available now were available at that time for deposit, so... I don't really know dude...

space frog

Reaction score
Well he's got a lot of them still available from previous runs so if they don't sell it's not surprising that he backs off a little...

Also I have a new guitar...:cool:

pirateparty

Reaction score
Hows the tuning stability on the non-locking 8's? All of my guitars, even the ones with grovers, come out of tune at least once a day. I might just get whatever 8 with a Khaler and ebony board that pops up first but they always sell so fast :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hows the tuning stability on the non-locking 8's? All of my guitars, even the ones with grovers, come out of tune at least once a day. I might just get whatever 8 with a Khaler and ebony board that pops up first but they always sell so fast :lol:

Sounds like you have a problem with your nuts. :cool:

')