The Official Agile ERG Thread

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
First prototype done - final specs sent off to Kahler - should see some production before year end.
(have to get the fan 7 working before the fan 8)

pendulumfan1.jpg

That's far more like it! What a beautiful guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anne

No privacy hedge.
Reaction score
How does the Intrepid 8 fretboard radius compare to a C-8? The C-8 neck feels like jesus to me (if it's as flat as an Ibanez Wizard, my fingers won't work with it), but it's short scale, and the pups can't coil split.

Lostmapants

Reaction score
Just ordered an Agile Intrepid Pro 828 EB NAT. I can't wait to get it! Let the epic djent quest begin! I hear a lot of good things about these guitars so, I just had to have one. I used to play an Ibanez S7420, but not happy with the 25.5 inch scale length. Thank You Agile Guitars for making an awesome, affordable 8 string death machine!!!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Just ordered an Agile Intrepid Pro 828 EB NAT. I can't wait to get it! Let the epic djent quest begin! I hear a lot of good things about these guitars so, I just had to have one. I used to play an Ibanez S7420, but not happy with the 25.5 inch scale length. Thank You Agile Guitars for making an awesome, affordable 8 string death machine!!!

You're going to love it, man! I got my first 8 (Intrepid Pro also) 18 months ago, and it totally invigorated me and changed my music focus forever. Do yourself a favor though- start saving now, because you WILL want to buy another 8 soon after. They're addicting!

leprechaun dave

Reaction score
So i will be getting a 827 Septor for the september shipment and i was thinking about ordering Blackouts to change the pups when i get it (it has the cepheus factory pickups). I've heared good things about the factory pups but i am wondering how they compare to the Blackouts in terms of Output and "meaty" sound.

Of course the Blackouts are better but, is it worth it changing?

The factory pickups are the cheapest things ever made for an 8 string. Blackouts are definitely the way to go, that's what I put in my Agile 828 :)

8string

Grande puta de gear!
Contributor
Reaction score
The factory pickups are the cheapest things ever made for an 8 string. Blackouts are definitely the way to go, that's what I put in my Agile 828 :)

I don't know about that. The cepheus is th closest thing to a lundgren I've heard. One of the best stock pups out there imo.

77zark77

Reaction score
it'd be interesting to know where/by whom the Cepheus and the Lundgren are made ;)

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I don't know about that. The cepheus is th closest thing to a lundgren I've heard. One of the best stock pups out there imo.

+1. I have no intention of swapping out the stock pups in my Interceptor 827. I think you'll find that the vast majority of people on here are happier with the Cepheus pups than they are with even the EMG 808s.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Cepheus pickups aren't bad, really. They're not quite going to blow away Blackouts or BKPs, but for generic stocks, they handle the full range of the 8 surprisingly well. I don't think it sounds much like my Lundgren, though, from what I remember of it.

Hypothermia

Random Swede
Reaction score
How much do you think the shipping may be?
If the guitar costs 360$ + shipping, will the shipping be over 20$ to northern europe?
I have no idea in what price range it may be:lol:

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
If the guitar costs 360$ + shipping, will the shipping be over 20$ to northern europe?

Yes. Shipping was more than that for me (if I remember correctly) and I'm in the US.

Demeyes

Reaction score

If you add the cart and go through some steps you'll see that shipping to the EU is around $100 or so. Also I don't think any of the Intrepids are as cheap as $360. Are you sure that's not the deposit? Some guitars are ready to ship and have a full price on display, while some are downpayments on a future run and are only 50% deposits. If you want something from the US you also have to pay customs on importing which depending on your country will be 15-25% of the cost of the guitar, case and shipping added on.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Just for fun, I decided to take pictures of some different 8-string pickups. In order from left to right are an Agile Cepheus bridge, a Lundgren M8 bridge, and a Bareknuckle Black Dog bridge. I used the Black Dog instead of my Warpig, because the tabs on the Warpig are cut up to fit in the Intrepid.

8spusf.jpg

8spusb.jpg

You can see that the BKP has a bigger baseplate and much wider tabs compared to the other two, so that should give an idea of how much will need to be taken off to get it to fit. The Lundgren and Cepheus have pretty similar dimensions. The M8 is slightly bigger and has slightly wider tabs than the Cepheus with smaller screw holes than both of the other two. I'm hoping I don't have to drill the tabs out to accommodate bigger screws. The BKP looks a bit messy, but the other BKPs I have don't look like that. You can see where it looks like two 6-string bobbins were cut and put together to make an 8-string bobbin. This is probably an older pickup (I got it used), as my Warpig 8s don't look like that. I find it kind of funny that the Cepheus pickup looks cleaner and more professionally put together from the front than the Lundgren (and in this case, the BKP as well), since that's not really the case.

space frog

Reaction score
Cepheus pickups aren't bad, really. They're not quite going to blow away Blackouts or BKPs, but for generic stocks, they handle the full range of the 8 surprisingly well. I don't think it sounds much like my Lundgren, though, from what I remember of it.

Yeah, the Cepheus pups are really satisfying for stock pups. I only think that sometimes they could be a little louder IMO... but maybe that's just cuz I'm used to active pups.

jayarpeggios

Reaction score
I have been using the cepheus pups for about 7 months now... and i would have to agree they sound decent but i would recommend replacing them with some BKP or something.. the cepheus pups just dont have enough "bite" and i really struggle getting the clarity out of them that i want.... btw im on axe fx ultra so its not my amp.. plus the guitar is very bright so leaves it down to the pups. anyways i would replace mine but im putting cold sweats in my coming custom 8 string and selling the agile : / its a great guitar tho and BY FAR the best bang for your buck. my ears have just been overly sensitive later but for most people the cepheus pups will be great.

Robert W

Reaction score
What's the heaviest gauge strings people have used on their Agile Intrepid 8s w/o having to do any alterations to either the strings or the tuning pegs?

Also, even though I know this is a somewhat subjective question, but do the heavier gauges really produce noticeably more strings tension than light or medium gauge ones?

Hypothermia

Random Swede
Reaction score
What's the heaviest gauge strings people have used on their Agile Intrepid 8s w/o having to do any alterations to either the strings or the tuning pegs?

Also, even though I know this is a somewhat subjective question, but do the heavier gauges really produce noticeably more strings tension than light or medium gauge ones?

Yes of course they do. When i'd just started playing 7s i used a .60 for my low A and i really thought it was flobby so i started using a 0.72 and the difference is HUGE.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
hi guys, I am new to SSO and I have a question about Agile Intrepid Pro
I've read a lot about the Agile Intrepid in here and I am going to get one.
now I have a question about the pickup.

I never played/owned a 8-strings and I am going to get the Intrepid pro as my first one .
I see many fellas here said a lot of bad on EMG 808 and praise the passive Cepheus.
is that EMG 808 that bad?
I am looking for the tone with a lot bite, tight and good low end clarity.
will that EMG 808 able to deliver? or really I choose the model with Cepheus pickup will be better choice for my preference?

I might upgrade the pickup to Lundgren m8, BKP or Blackout but not very soon.
I also found the model of intrepid pro came with Cepheus, the pickup route seem to be smaller. I think those models cannot compatible with EMG808 or Blackout?

so, please advice me, should I get the EMG 808 one or Cepheus? thanks!

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
What's your general preference? If EMGs are what you usually go for, and if you like the 707, the 808 will probably work for you. If you like passives, the Cepheus will probably be good enough until you get something else in there.

Latest posts

')