The Official Agile ERG Thread

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
hi guys, I am new to SSO and I have a question about Agile Intrepid Pro
I've read a lot about the Agile Intrepid in here and I am going to get one.
now I have a question about the pickup.

I never played/owned a 8-strings and I am going to get the Intrepid pro as my first one .
I see many fellas here said a lot of bad on EMG 808 and praise the passive Cepheus.
is that EMG 808 that bad?
I am looking for the tone with a lot bite, tight and good low end clarity.
will that EMG 808 able to deliver? or really I choose the model with Cepheus pickup will be better choice for my preference?

I might upgrade the pickup to Lundgren m8, BKP or Blackout but not very soon.
I also found the model of intrepid pro came with Cepheus, the pickup route seem to be smaller. I think those models cannot compatible with EMG808 or Blackout?

so, please advice me, should I get the EMG 808 one or Cepheus? thanks!

I would suggest getting a dual passive pro or mabey order the single pickup pro with EMG and see if you like it. If you dont like the EMG you can always sell the pickup and buy a Cepheus or mabey a Lundgren or Bareknuckle. You will have the extra gap on the EMG route but it dosent look that bad. Heres mine after replacing the EMG with the Cepheus. I dig the passive way more than the active, even ofer the SD Blackout I tried.
DSCF0142.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
What's your general preference? If EMGs are what you usually go for, and if you like the 707, the 808 will probably work for you. If you like passives, the Cepheus will probably be good enough until you get something else in there.

Ironically, I never liked EMG lol, I can say I hated it, never tried 707 tho.
but I used tohave a B.C Rich guitar with EMG 81,85 and hated them.
scooped and lifeless sound to my ears, they are very clean tho, I can give it that.

I don't know if EMG 808 will sound with the similiar nature to the 85,81 I have experienced, if so I think I have no way to like them :(

all of my guitars are with passive pickups, Gibson stock, SD , BKP, loved them.

I know it sound silly that my general perferences are all passive pickups and ask the question about EMGs but since I really have zero experiences in 8-strings and EMG 808 and I love Meshuggah, I kinda hope I could get some tight djent like Meshuggah's out of the Intrepid Pro, so I am asking if the EMG 808 up for it or maybe I should choose the Cepheus? Thanks for answering man :> )

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
I would suggest getting a dual passive pro or mabey order the single pickup pro with EMG and see if you like it. If you dont like the EMG you can always sell the pickup and buy a Cepheus or mabey a Lundgren or Bareknuckle. You will have the extra gap on the EMG route but it dosent look that bad. Heres mine after replacing the EMG with the Cepheus. I dig the passive way more than the active, even ofer the SD Blackout I tried.
DSCF0142.jpg

thanks for the info man, so I see you modded your intrepid pro, is that a coil split? very nice intrepid pro you have man!
yours look really nice and yeah I am going to get this one : )

or this one
http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepiddual828ebblood.htmlhttp://www.rondomusic.com/intrepiddual828rnblood.html

I wanted a Intrepid pro single passive pup with Charcoal finish so bad.
too bad they don't have it available now :(

and I just checked the hardcase is out of stock at this moment, bummer : (

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
If you like passives and hate EMGs, get the one with passive pickups.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
thanks for the info man, so I see you modded your intrepid pro, is that a coil split? very nice intrepid pro you have man!
yours look really nice and yeah I am going to get this one : )

or this one
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 RN Bloodburst at RondoMusic.com

I wanted a Intrepid pro single passive pup with Charcoal finish so bad.
too bad they don't have it available now :(

and I just checked the hardcase is out of stock at this moment, bummer : (
Im pretty sure the only pro model with passives they make is with dual pickups. The bloodburst one you linked is pure win, absolutely love that one. That was actually the first one I wanted but when I ordered my first one they didnt have any in stock. Yeah its a coil tap. I bought the guitar off eBay with no electronics and hardware for $300 and just bought a Cepheus, and locking tuners and called it a day. So I really ended up with an upgraded pro model for a couple hundred less. If you really just want a bridge pickup im sure you can offload the EMG to cover most of the cost of at least a Cepheus and you will be very happy!

This would probly be a good affordable option to grab
http://www.rondomusic.com/product3626.html

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
Thanks so much,TowAwesome and Galius for the assistance.

I just placed the order of
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 RN Bloodburst

since their hardcase is currently out of stock, I have to seek a baritone guitar case in local music store : (

the guitar and with two packs of La Bella strings + shipping
total is USD838.54(ships to Hong Kong)
if the guitar really as good as many people said in here, definitely the best fucking bang for the bucks!

can't wait to have it and have a NGD post : ) will let you guys know. Thanks a lot again!

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
For sure hit us with a NGD because I really love the model you picked up. Would be neat as an ebony board but still sexy either way :hbang:I think you will be pretty happy with your purchase
Thanks so much,TowAwesome and Galius for the assistance.

I just placed the order of
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 RN Bloodburst

since their hardcase is currently out of stock, I have to seek a baritone guitar case in local music store : (

the guitar and with two packs of La Bella strings + shipping
total is USD838.54(ships to Hong Kong)
if the guitar really as good as many people said in here, definitely the best fucking bang for the bucks!

can't wait to have it and have a NGD post : ) will let you guys know. Thanks a lot again!

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
For sure hit us with a NGD because I really love the model you picked up. Would be neat as an ebony board but still sexy either way :hbang:I think you will be pretty happy with your purchase

I just received the Fedex tracking number, the estimated arrival date is 18/8 \m/

Since they don't have hardcase in stock. now my guitar shipping with the carton box only..I kinda worry if the guitar came and became 2 pieces lol.
Kurt did warn me but he also tell those factory guys pack well because it's for international shipping. hope nothing went wrong .
Kurt really a great dude, very helpful and responsive!

and I do hope the color of the guitar really as dark as the website shown.
we'll see! can't wait for the day :hbang:

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
and another fun project...
intrepid9284.jpg

Sorry guys I just need to quote that and say OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO WANT!! Also what body wood is that and why is that getup not a currently available option on the Intrepid 8s????? That thing is so simple yet elegant!

EDIT: Also Kurt, could we please get the Intrepids from the factory with no trussrod cover like this? It looks far better that way. I know its nitpicky and I can just take it off, but then it has those screw holes just glaring at me.

wwjfd

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry guys I just need to quote that and say OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO WANT!! Also what body wood is that and why is that getup not a currently available option on the Intrepid 8s????? That thing is so simple yet elegant!

EDIT: Also Kurt, could we please get the Intrepids from the factory with no trussrod cover like this? It looks far better that way. I know its nitpicky and I can just take it off, but then it has those screw holes just glaring at me.

so is this 9 string set up for an extra bottom string (like low C#) or is it set up for an extra high string (like high A)

i realize that you can go either way but how would this come to you fron rond? with an extra bottom string or an extra upper string?

furywhip

Reaction score
Ordered my Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 EB Nat yesterday. Just got my tracking info and it will be here on Wednesday. Pix to come.

Hoff

Reaction score
That's beautiful. The Custom in particular is a piece of art!

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Only rarely do I feel such powerful jealousy and admiration simultaneously.

Latest posts

')