The Official Agile ERG Thread

djohns74

Reaction score
For what it's worth, that does appear to be the case he's referring to, and from what I remember, 43" of interior length is sufficient for a 28.625" Intrepid. I'd have to measure mine later tonight, but I thought they were in the range of 41-42" in total length. I may be completely making that up though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flames VIII

Padawan Learner
Reaction score
This sounds like something I qualify for!

I have an Agile Intrepid 828 Dual with maple neck!

Thinking of changing the pick-ups for BK cold sweats if the routing takes it

Reaction score
I have tried twice now to place a custom order with Kurt and have been turned down both times. Where does a guy have to go to get an 8 string reverse headstock neck thru these days? lol Honestly I think that should be the industry standard. But is this guy really that popular? He told me today that their custom shop wont be open again for a year. FTW. I are such a sad panda. :wallbash:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have tried twice now to place a custom order with Kurt and have been turned down both times. Where does a guy have to go to get an 8 string reverse headstock neck thru these days? lol Honestly I think that should be the industry standard. But is this guy really that popular? He told me today that their custom shop wont be open again for a year. FTW. I are such a sad panda. :wallbash:

The Rondo Custom Shop opens and closes at regular intervals, just sign up for the newsletter and you should be informed of when it's opening next.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I think a custom costs roughly 1.5 times the cost of the base model plus expenses of added features.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Wow!

intrepid828mncharcoal1.jpg

pwilldabeast14

Reaction score
i just got an agile 828 bloodburst and i love it, except for one thing. i wanted the extended scale because i heard it provides better string tension but when i got it the strings where just too loose for me especially on the low strings. will thicker gauges fix that? i hve .009 .012 .015 .022 .030 .040 .054 .072 and i want to use drop tuning to play after the burial, periphery type stuff, what companies make good 8 string sets? also i know octave4plus has a good high A string but how is the rest of the set

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
i just got an agile 828 bloodburst and i love it, except for one thing. i wanted the extended scale because i heard it provides better string tension but when i got it the strings where just too loose for me especially on the low strings. will thicker gauges fix that? i hve .009 .012 .015 .022 .030 .040 .054 .072 and i want to use drop tuning to play after the burial, periphery type stuff, what companies make good 8 string sets? also i know octave4plus has a good high A string but how is the rest of the set

I had the same exact problem. The strings that come stock on them are NOT what they say they are. I use .09-.059 on my 7 strings, and the .069 was visably THICKER than the 8th string on my Agile 8. Buy a set of d'addario 9-59's and add a .072 bass string (It barely fits). And you'll see that your string tension will be GREATLY improved. I don't know what they're putting on their guitars, but they are a lot lighter than 9's, that's for sure!

Move up to .010 - .074 if you need them to be tighter for down tuning. I used the above set at a 1/2 step down and it felt great.

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
i wanted the extended scale because i heard it provides better string tension but when i got it the strings where just too loose for me especially on the low strings. will thicker gauges fix that?

Yeah. The thicker the gauge, the lower the string resonates, so thicker strings = more tension (in the same tuning).

Also, I don't think there is an string set, You just have to buy the gauge you want individually, for the B and F# strings at least. I'd get a standard 6 string pack that I like then buy the other two as singles.

pwilldabeast14

Reaction score
thanks guys for the help, and actually octave4plus has a .010-.074 8 string set but you can customize your gauges im pretty sure

MTech

Banned
Reaction score

After the Burial only uses 9-74 and that's on the 27in scale...

LaBella can make you any gauge though just call Leo and put in an order for custom HRS
http://www.bigcitystrings.com/order.htm

JayTalbott

Reaction score
Will a Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 MN NA fit into a Douglas EGC-200 Baritone Case?
because this Douglas EGC Intrepid Case is out of stock and not listed on rondomusic at all.

')