The Official Agile ERG Thread

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
It seems that rondo's first prototype 8 string was the intrepid so im assuming it was designed from the start for 8 string and 8 string alone, so by merit of attention to design i was wondering was it overall better to its interceptor counterpart which wasnt designed purely for 8 string since its the 7 string model extended.
that's my reasoning, hence why im asking for opinion's on one agaisnt the other to clarify if this is the case, so i can make a more educated decision on a purchase.

The Intrepid body was originally a bass actually. So, it really wasn't designed specifically as an 8 string either. Honestly, barring trem differences and such, the only noticeable differences are aesthetic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dethfield

Advanced Prototype
Reaction score
I own both an intrepid and an interceptor, and overall for my purposes i like the interceptor better, mostly due to the kahler trem (awesome bridge, superior to a floyd imo) and both bridge and neck EMG pickups (intrepids only seem to come in 1 pup configs with EMGs). Both of the body shapes are comfortable, ergonomic, balanced, and have excellent upper fret access (the intrepid's being slightly better). The intrepid body is overall more contoured, but is also physically larger. I could really go either way, i just prefer the interceptor based on the hardware options.

That being said, if i were to order a custom shop agile, i would get an 8 string intrepid with dual blackouts or EMGs, kahler trem, ebony fretboard and 28" scale.

Reaction score
I own both an intrepid and an interceptor, and overall for my purposes i like the interceptor better, mostly due to the kahler trem (awesome bridge, superior to a floyd imo) and both bridge and neck EMG pickups (intrepids only seem to come in 1 pup configs with EMGs). Both of the body shapes are comfortable, ergonomic, balanced, and have excellent upper fret access (the intrepid's being slightly better). The intrepid body is overall more contoured, but is also physically larger. I could really go either way, i just prefer the interceptor based on the hardware options.

That being said, if i were to order a custom shop agile, i would get an 8 string intrepid with dual blackouts or EMGs, kahler trem, ebony fretboard and 28" scale.

Cheers man that was really helpful, it seems that there is very little difference in terms of quality and contruction, just wondered was there a huge preference of one over the other, seems like a buy before you try situation though! (esp in my case!)
i was interested in the interceptor 827 lefty option but bolt on neck and colour wasnt to my taste, perhaps ill wait to see what comes out next year, can wait to try the intrepid though! im waitning on the arrival of schecter ATX C-8 lefty with blackouts, intrepid next!:shred:

Hypothermia

Random Swede
Reaction score
Would a set of Bareknuckles fit into the pickup cavitys on my Agile Septor 827 with Cepheus? The cavitys where NOT big enough for Blackouts (selling mine, contact me if interested) but from pictures i've seen the Cepheus an d Bareknuckles looks almost to be the exact same size.

Can someone here confirm this?

AlexThorpe

Reaction score
Would a set of Bareknuckles fit into the pickup cavitys on my Agile Septor 827 with Cepheus? The cavitys where NOT big enough for Blackouts (selling mine, contact me if interested) but from pictures i've seen the Cepheus an d Bareknuckles looks almost to be the exact same size.

Can someone here confirm this?

From everything I've seen posted about that, they do fit although you might have to modify the mounting tabs a bit.

mgcasella

Reaction score
How did you expand the cavity?

I used a Dremel to grind down the BKP tabs (almost to nothing) and then expand the pup cavities. An important thing to remember is:

1. I also ground down the corners of the BKP baseplate. This enabled the BKP's to fit in the cavities quite easily.
2. I only had to expand the pup cavities in the areas routed for the tabs.
3. I was terrified of using the dremel at first, however, it wasn't as difficult or scary as I thought it would be in the end :lol:

Dremels are awesome! Luckily I don't have to buy one right now because I have a friend who repairs pianos and lets me use her shop :hbang:

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Well damn. $250 extra up-front from the base price ($325) if I want to custom order my 8-string now, and I don't have $575. Fuck.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I own both an intrepid and an interceptor, and overall for my purposes i like the interceptor better, mostly due to the kahler trem (awesome bridge, superior to a floyd imo) and both bridge and neck EMG pickups (intrepids only seem to come in 1 pup configs with EMGs).

Having seen quite a few Intrepids with dual EMG pickups, I just wanted to comment that they often seem to fly out the door when the new shipments come in, but they are not non-existent....

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Agile Interceptor Pro Custom w/Case Deposit for May 2011 at RondoMusic.com

Agile Intrepid Pro Dual Custom w/Case (Deposit for May 2011) at RondoMusic.com

Agile Septor Pro Custom w/Case Deposit for May 2011 at RondoMusic.com

Yep, this shit is back up and running, still basically a semi-custom deal, though. And we can get nine-strings with Kahlers in with a Septor/Interceptor body shape.

I'm going to definitely try to get one of these.

Edit: ok fine, it's only semi custom. You still get the point.

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
not custom shop.. just some custom options... Custom Shop means you can "have it your way" ... Binding of your choice.....anything... ect

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
I don't know about last time, but the website says that the shop might close the week of December 12th this time around.

Regarding the clueless-sounding "Dude wat", why not go to the links provided if you want to know?

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
It's advertised as custom guitars. You get the point.
I understand .... but agile has true custom shop that opens from time to time.... Tis why a mod changed the subject.

wow i sound smartass... not my intentions :rolleyes:

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
I put in a semi-custom order earlier today.

I love the look and most of the feel of my Intrepid Pro, but as I've been using my FM408 more and more, I decided to get another Intrepid Pro with ebony fretboard and dual pickups, but with EMG808s instead of the Cepheus pickups and at a 25.5" scale length instead of 28.625".

I'm hoping, of course, that Q-Tuner starts making pickups again, in which case I can go that route as well. I think the red-wound transparents would look killer in a natural Intrepid Pro....

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
I just placed an order for a lefty intrepid bloodburst. maple fretboard, and 27" scale.
And +1 to Explorer, I hope they start making them again. But on a side note, the wait is going to kill me!

')