The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maniacal

Reaction score
I got a second hand 8 string Agile recently. I don't know much about guitar tech but the playability and sound is great.

Although, you need a PHD is powerlifting to stand up with it for long periods of time.

brutus627

Givah some!
Reaction score
i think when it comes to agiles you'll find that they play pretty well and look pretty good. but it's kinda like when your driving down the street and see what you think is a really hot chick, you stop get out and try to get a better look and find that she's not the showstoppa you saw from your car. you more than likely would have no problems and probably be happy if you bought one, but when you look closely at them they all have their own little flaws like anything i suppose (atleast the ones i had)...i guess the bottom line is that in a stack of ten ibbys and 10 agiles, i think you would find more flaws in the agiles. i've owned 2 agiles btw and a 2228, i now own an FM418 and WOULD fuck it if it were possible.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
i think when it comes to agiles you'll find that they play pretty well and look pretty good. but it's kinda like when your driving down the street and see what you think is a really hot chick, you stop get out and try to get a better look and find that she's not the showstoppa you saw from your car. you more than likely would have no problems and probably be happy if you bought one, but when you look closely at them they all have their own little flaws like anything i suppose (atleast the ones i had)...i guess the bottom line is that in a stack of ten ibbys and 10 agiles, i think you would find more flaws in the agiles. i've owned 2 agiles btw and a 2228, i now own an FM418 and WOULD fuck it if it were possible.

This is the best, most realistic description I've seen.

If you are anal about your guitars, you might be disappointed with Agile. However, if you are looking for a good 'bang for your buck' and you don't mind a little flaw here and there, they are a good deal.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow! 200 pages and almost five years later, this thread is still going! This must be one of the oldest active threads on the forum.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
I was just about to post a thread like this but glad I searched. I had the same questions although I want a 7 string. Until I became a member here I never heard of Agile. I love the looks of them and the price is right on!!! I want an 8 string now because of them too!! I cant seem to find their website though when I google Agile.

Coffee Elf

Reaction score
I was just about to post a thread like this but glad I searched. I had the same questions although I want a 7 string. Until I became a member here I never heard of Agile. I love the looks of them and the price is right on!!! I want an 8 string now because of them too!! I cant seem to find their website though when I google Agile.

Rondo Music Home Page

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Before today, I could not have made a comment in a thread like this.

The shop I work at got an Agile 7 string (Tribal Purple I think, maybe a member of this forum's guitar even!) in to get setup in Drop A. So naturally I gave it a look after reading a bunch about them on this forum.

They're probably the best bang for your buck out there. That said, they are pretty cheap. I'd put the construction on par with Samick really. Samick just doesn't make awesome coloured, quilted maple topped 8 string guitar.

However, I'm pretty picky with what I like so even though I'd say they're medicore guitars, that's in comparison to like Golden Age Ibanez S540s and RG7620s.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
I did find that page. Is that a distributor or who actually makes them?? Either way I still like them looks wise!!! Wish somewhere where I lived carried one.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
My 828 is fucking awesome. That's all I really have to say about it. An RG2228 would be nicer, but for your money, Agile is the way to go.

bbp

Reaction score
I did find that page. Is that a distributor or who actually makes them?? Either way I still like them looks wise!!! Wish somewhere where I lived carried one.
It depends on your definition of "make" really. The guitars are made by an independent manufacturer in south-east Asia, I forget the country at the moment, but they're made to Rondo's specs. Also, as far as I know, the only way to get them is through Rondo.

SGStrummer61

Reaction score
Agiles are made in Korea, something that makes me like them even more since Korea has much better quality than anything from China. My AL-3100 is absolutely fantastic and I couldn't have hoped for a better guitar for the $350 I paid for it. For me personally, of all the Gibsons I've played, mine still comes out on top and that includes having played a Les Paul Supreme (which actually had a backwards pickup selector).

The only thing I have seen that is wrong with it is a little bleed over of glue on a fret or two, but other than that its fine. What I have found great about the guitar is how the neck feels as in it feels solid, not hollow like many guitars I have played. Also, my dad owns the AL-2000 gold top w/P90s and he's said its the best guitar he's ever played (the same as leftyguitarjoe has played).

sonofabias

Reaction score
This thread is a blast of much needed air. Most of my questions about Agile have been answered here !:hbang:

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Same here!!! No need to post my own thread about it!!! I always thought Agiles looked great but now I know all I need to know I want one. I love my 7421 but its a black plank! I love the finishes and fretboard options on the Agiles. I guess you could say they have more flair for the money paid.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
I decided to give Agile a go as part of the Jan 2010 run (?). The models I was seeing and the accounts I was hearing of how they're amazing bang for buck really interested me, and put a deposit down. I was pissed off when I received my Agile Septor Pro 7, it felt cheaper than every other Korean guitar I currently own (2 x LTD Deluxes) and have owned in the past (LTD FM-408, Schecter Loomis NT, other LTD Deluxes). Hell, my indonesian G&L Tele eclipses it in quality control alone.

My main issues were with unfinished fretwork and the ridiculously thin laminated top, letting you see the neck-thru ply's straight through the top. I was seriously questioning whether the top was a print top or not - I still believe it was. I've owned a Samick Greg Bennett Ultramatic III which had a print top, the two tops looked identical. Moving the guitar around in the light there was NO movement.
But really...the guitar just felt cheap. NOT what I wanted after paying just under $1000, including international shipping AND compulsory hardcase. Most of the pics are pretty shitty, but you get the idea.

019.jpg

007.jpg

023.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

004.jpg

012.jpg

Kurt offered me a partial refund, I can't even remember if I took it or not - I've just kind of pushed the whole experience from my mind. I probably took it, seeing as it was better than nothing.

This is entirely IMO, but their "strictly no international returns policy" led me to believe they sort through the instruments when they get to the US and keep the better/finished ones for circulation within the US, due to their return policy within the US. They then palm the unfinished/blem'd ones off internationally. This, combined with reading a few other dissatisfied international customers' accounts of their NGDs being let downs makes me believe my aforementioned theory strongly.

Whenever Agiles are brought up, people always say "you get what you pay for". It's not that simple for some of us. I know I'm never going near an Agile again. As an example, the quality control I see in LTD's Deluxe range is not only better than what I've seen from Agile/Rondo, but all up it'd work out cheaper for the LTD even if I bought from the US.

Latest posts

')