The Official Agile ERG Thread

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Bar scale legnth and 8-strings, as those are two things Agile offers far more options for, Carvin has a much high quality to value ratio. Heck, they even have a pile of options Agile has never offered, even on Customs. Yeah the Carvin will be a few hundred more, depending on specs of course, but I don't think there's a single doubt that the Carvin would be the superior instrument.

All that being said, if you're looking for 27"+ scales or 8-strings Agile has you covered better than anyone, from an options stand point at least.

Carvin would undoubtedly slaughter. Options are awesome, but only if they're functional options. I'd prefer a MIJ Jackson COW 7 with zero options to a MIK Agile 7 with options coming out my ears because I believe there's no point to something if it's not done well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering, but did anyone who ordered a custom agile intrepid from december last year get the email from Kurt for the final payment?

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
I Thought this would be an appropriate place to put this video!!!:) Its my Agile Septor 828 with Bare Knuckle pickups (Aftermaths). The guitar is just amazing! and the pickups sound and feel great!

That was great! Great use of the range and cool chord voicings!:yesway:

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
People should really understand it's hit and miss. If your not US I can see you getting fucked so why try it? If you want one and your not in the US just get it used so you know what your getting. But even if you got screwed don't throw the whole idea and company of Agile away for other people, cause they could be getting something pretty damn good for the price.
And as for Schecter, it's always the same finishes and guitar most of the time. Except for the Blackjacks and Loomis, those things in a nutshell are awesome.
Ibanez's are usually flat black boards to me, never that many exciting finishes and always have plain inlays like dots which I never like.
One thing Agile does wholesomly right is the AL series. AL's and ESP/LTD EC's are I'd say the best LP shapes you can get. Beats Epiphone in quality and playability and Gibson in playability and price until you reach the 2k+ range on the Gibsons.

And for the price why complain at needing to fix the little problems? Of course you will have some flaws for the price, why do you have your expectations so high?

Whiskey_Funeral

Reaction score
People should really understand it's hit and miss...
And for the price why complain at needing to fix the little problems? Of course you will have some flaws for the price, why do you have your expectations so high?

Uh...because it's a brand new guitar and you shouldn't have to spend extra money on it to make it a product that isn't substandard?

I think that most everyone would agree that they'd rather Agile charge a little extra for guitars that aren't effed up.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Uh...because it's a brand new guitar and you shouldn't have to spend extra money on it to make it a product that isn't substandard?

I think that most everyone would agree that they'd rather Agile charge a little extra for guitars that aren't effed up.
Again, this is Korea, they do fuck up quite a bit.
And I also would'nt call it substandard really.
But still their stuff does look 10x nicer than any other things in that price range and they offer things that most companies wouldn't.

Whiskey_Funeral

Reaction score
But still their stuff does look 10x nicer than any other things in that price range and they offer things that most companies wouldn't.

Right, but there are plenty of other manufacturers who have factories in Korea and make some decently built guitars (Schecter, Ibanez, LTD). I hate to say it (and this is just my personal opinion), but I'd feel more comfortable and confident ordering a new Squier or something more than I would an Agile. With my past experiences, I've decided that I'll never buy another Agile unless it's used so I can see exactly what I'm getting. I don't see how a lot of these have passed inspection before getting shipped out to customers.

You are right though, I have seen some gorgeous looking Agiles and there isn't really any other company out there who caters to ERG players like they do, most especially in this price range and there isn't any company who offers the options that they do for 7's and 8's. I just wish they'd get their shit together QC wise. :2c:

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score

Dude, both SixthWheel's and Whiksey Funeral's guitars are definitely sub-par for $700 instruments (mine was similar to Sixthwheel's and there were a couple of other guitars from that run with issues as wheel). No one is expecting a perfect instrument but there is a certain threshold of quality that people want and while Agile/Rondo seems to meet that for a lot of people they also seem to put out quite a few sub-par instruments. Kurt is a great guy to deal with when something goes wrong but I feel like they should actually look at the instrument before they send it out to the customers, especially if it's a pre-order that the customer has been waiting on for 6+ months:noplease:

Sure they look great but at this point I'd rather go with Carvin, Schecter, or Ibanez if I was getting a 7-string.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
If you're going 8 String or Multi-Scale I think Agile is likely the way to go, unless you can afford to shell out for an 2228 or custom, but other than that, or the cheap Les Paul copies as has been mentioned, I'd avoid them.

You can pick up a used RG7420 or 7620 for less than an Agile and it'll be a vastly superior guitar.

I'll likely get an 8 string at some point (hopefully a multi-scale, but at the $1000 price point I might just save up for an Oakland Axe Factory guitar) but only if by the time I have the money somebody else hasn't come up with something better at the price point or Kurt hasn't jacked up his prices again.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Dude, both SixthWheel's and Whiksey Funeral's guitars are definitely sub-par for $700 instruments (mine was similar to Sixthwheel's and there were a couple of other guitars from that run with issues as wheel). No one is expecting a perfect instrument but there is a certain threshold of quality that people want and while Agile/Rondo seems to meet that for a lot of people they also seem to put out quite a few sub-par instruments. Kurt is a great guy to deal with when something goes wrong but I feel like they should actually look at the instrument before they send it out to the customers, especially if it's a pre-order that the customer has been waiting on for 6+ months:noplease:

Sure they look great but at this point I'd rather go with Carvin, Schecter, or Ibanez if I was getting a 7-string.

I know Kurt doesn't look at every guitar just because of the amount there is, but I think he takes in the orders for his guitars, they get shipped to the warehouse, and then shipped out to the customer from there.
There is less QC to keep the cost down too.
Shit someone here or something should start their own shit like Agile but with better 6 string options and better QC, now that would rule but would never happen.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Bar scale legnth and 8-strings, as those are two things Agile offers far more options for, Carvin has a much high quality to value ratio. Heck, they even have a pile of options Agile has never offered, even on Customs. Yeah the Carvin will be a few hundred more, depending on specs of course, but I don't think there's a single doubt that the Carvin would be the superior instrument.

All that being said, if you're looking for 27"+ scales or 8-strings Agile has you covered better than anyone, from an options stand point at least.

I would absolutely agree with you. I wasn't negating this in what I was saying.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I Thought this would be an appropriate place to put this video!!!:) Its my Agile Septor 828 with Bare Knuckle pickups (Aftermaths). The guitar is just amazing! and the pickups sound and feel great!

:holy: Wow! That was awesome.

space frog

Reaction score

Wow epic faces at the end XD
na seriously, I loooove that!!! what did you use as a recording interface?? plug-ins? axe-fx?

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Just traded in my COW 7 for this obese beauty :shred:
IMG_0745.jpg

I can die now a happy man.:miniwang:

Latest posts

')