The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
"The best" is a very subjective term when it comes to guitars, as it boils down to taste in most aspects. What kind of specs are you looking for? Do you want a tremolo unit? 1 or 2 pickups? What kind of scale? Neck-thru or bolt on?
Other than that, all of them are of good quality(for the price, and there are definitely lemons now and again). I recently got a 828 myself, and I'm very happy with it.

Im really into the Agile Hornet 825 EB Tribal Red because of the 25.5" scale, tonecontroll and switch between the pickups.:hbang: But the pickups are unfamiliar to me. Have you (or anyone else here) experienced Cepheus passive pickups?:rolleyes:

whats tremolo unit? is it the vib system?

Psionicist

Reaction score
I thouht the Agile Cepheus passives were fine, as I have an Intrepid. Some people will "need" a pickup upgrade. I just play because I enjoy it, so I have no pressure to have a certain sound that being in a band mght provide.

Tremolo = unit attached to whammy barthat allows you to do dives without going out of tune.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Im really into the Agile Hornet 825 EB Tribal Red because of the 25.5" scale, tonecontroll and switch between the pickups.:hbang: But the pickups are unfamiliar to me. Have you (or anyone else here) experienced Cepheus passive pickups?:rolleyes:

I have a custom agile intrepid 827( 27" instead of 28.625" scale), and I chose cepheus passives. They sound pretty good for stock pickups, not as hot output as I thought but the amount of output is usually directly proportional to the amount of clarity in chords and the low 8th string, which means that to get clarity on low string and chords, you got to sacrifice some "hotness."

Sure, they're pickups that defy my idea, but it's usually the case. I'm keeping these pickups in this guitar and maybe I'll switch the pickups in a future ERG, if I get one.

space frog

Reaction score

about the cepheus, that might give you a good idea of their potential :)

King Crimson

Mental Metal Head
Reaction score
Reading all the horror stories about the RGA8 mid-post bridge pin ripping out worries me.

Any folks here have any good/bad experience to share about the "Agile Intrepid Dual 828 RN" or the "Agile Intrepid Dual 828 EB" or the "Agile Septor 828 RN"?

And what's the difference between the RN & EB models?

And what’s the deal with the $600 price tag – seems awfully low.

Thanks.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They're solid instruments, just look at all the happy folks who own them on tgis forum.

The low price comes from the fact they're sold distributor direct so there is no retail mark up.

King Crimson

Mental Metal Head
Reaction score
Very cool MaxOfMetal.

I just got a email reply from Kurt Zentmaier at Rondo Music. Looks like I'll be ordering the Agile Intrepid Dual 828 EB (ebony) and Kurt says they ship out within 2 business day.

I totally f'n jazzed now that I don't need to dish out $2K for a 2228.

Oh, and what is the tgis forum?

Thanks.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Agile 828s are sick. I have one in my profile pic. Only my top bitch makes it to the profile pic. :rofl:

King Crimson

Mental Metal Head
Reaction score
Sweet Konfyouzd - checked out your Agile pic. What a thing of beauty.

I'm failrly certain that I'm going with the "Agile Interceptor 825 EB DOT Black Flame" - it just has DAVID written all over it.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ I want an Inteceptor 8 too, but I'm worried about whether or not I'll like Kahler trems...

Zei

Reaction score

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
It's the length of the neck. People like longer necks to compensate for the added tension of the thicker strings, so as not to lose any tone.

aha so that makes gives the guitar longer frets? or something..
i've got a fernandes with 24 frets.
Does the Interceptor 830 have 30 frets then?

Zei

Reaction score
aha so that makes gives the guitar longer frets? or something..
i've got a fernandes with 24 frets.
Does the Interceptor 830 have 30 frets then?
Doubt it. I'm not an expert, but I can imagine that the longer the scale, the bigger the frets. That should be something easy to look up though.

')