The Official Agile ERG Thread

Zei

Reaction score
Read the thread you're in from the beginning if you want to know.

Ah thank you. I read it awhile ago, but forgot the name.

Though, Stealthtastic, why do you say we need to appreciate him more? You mean we should post HERE rather than make an Agile related thread? If so, I agree... but I also didn't notice this thread until AFTER I had posted my Agile related thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Element77

Reaction score
Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone has the Intrepid Pro in a Oceanburst finish? I really,really like the way it looks... But on closer inspection, a lot of the pictures I've seen, it seems as if the burst paint spray was blocked by the neck while it was being done, or that's usually how it is, but it's normally hidden by the neck pick-up. Not a flame-bait, but I feel for the price, that paint work would not be acceptable.

I'm a lefty, so it's slim-pickens for me, ecspecially in the extended range department. And I would just like some opinions, that's all.

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
how is the USA Made EMG 808 active pickups? I want the Agile Interceptor Pro 830 EB Blue Flame DOT!!

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone has the Intrepid Pro in a Oceanburst finish? I really,really like the way it looks... But on closer inspection, a lot of the pictures I've seen, it seems as if the burst paint spray was blocked by the neck while it was being done, or that's usually how it is, but it's normally hidden by the neck pick-up. Not a flame-bait, but I feel for the price, that paint work would not be acceptable.

I'm a lefty, so it's slim-pickens for me, ecspecially in the extended range department. And I would just like some opinions, that's all.

You could ask this dude

But yeah, highfive for oceanburst on mahogany, shit's glorious.

nostealbucket

aint no gahdam woman
Reaction score
If you do sperzel locking tuners, they can't fit a string any higher than something in the mid .060's. I tried to put a .068 on my 7 with sperzels, and it couldn't even fit through the hole in the tuner. So, I suggest grovers.

TheOrangeChannel

JonOrBattleship
Reaction score
If you do sperzel locking tuners, they can't fit a string any higher than something in the mid .060's. I tried to put a .068 on my 7 with sperzels, and it couldn't even fit through the hole in the tuner. So, I suggest grovers.

Yeah I figured that on account of some of those sperzels needing modding or unwinding the doubles to fit it thru the hole...not to mention the grovers'd retrofit it. Thanks dude!

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I put Hipshot locking tuners on mine and A) they were a direct fit, and B) they fit all the way up to .080, although a little snug.

TheOrangeChannel

JonOrBattleship
Reaction score
I put Hipshot locking tuners on mine and A) they were a direct fit, and B) they fit all the way up to .080, although a little snug.

Even better! Those keys are awesome actually...nice tactile feel too. As an aside is the hipshot bridge a direct retrofit on these (anybody know?). I'm currently a 6 and 7 player (suhr's and ibby 1527's) that wants to get my low F# on...kinda funny I haven't posted here since like '05 but this'd be the best resource on this stuff. To boot I've been waffling on the RGA8 and the Agile, I'm thinking the ash and maple would be great for the lower tunings (my main 7 is a 1527M and it blows my rosewood boarded 1527 away)... and then the horror stories about the rga's bridge anchor is pushing me towards the Agile...

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
is an 830 necessary for a low F tuning (F-Bb-Eb, etc.)?? cuz theres no way the higher strings can sound good on a 30" scale for chords or bending. and 30 would be quite an adjustment for me. could i get away with that tuning on an 828? :scratch:
no
^Get an Agile. The Intrepid Dual Pro is amazing. I own one and it is worth every penny.

agreed 100%

i'm in love w/ mine. especially now that my dimarzios came in. :D

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Got my Agile on friday and there is no turning back! I am now an 8 string player and my 828 pro is the best guitar I have laid hands on

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Agile Hornet Pro 830 Black PCEB FX at RondoMusic.com

Neck dive capital of the World? Quite possibly :) Also no sitting down comfortably with that beastie, but still I like it lol.

30" scale, ebony board, says emg707 but I am guessing it's 808's has anyone clarified this with Kurt cuz it shows passives yet says emg's?

I'd have to ask why no sitting down with it? I have a Hornet 825 and it's about the most comfortable sitting guitar I have. Or at least it is now that I have an angle ended cord for it. And it's surprisingly balanced. I'd imagine the 30 would have a touch more head-heaviness, but nothing a counterweight on the strap or in the control cavity couldn't fix.

Honestly, I'm pretty tempted. I love my 825 and would like to doubletrack with the 830 on the other side. One bolt 25.5 and one set neck 30 would probably have some interesting tonal differences.

Also, the pickups look like Cepheus to me. I'm guessing they copied the 7 string hornet description and forgot to change the pickup type.

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
Whats the "best" pickups for 8string guitars?
I think im going to buy the Agile Interceptor Pro 830 EB Blue Flame DOT, but I've heard that the EMG active pickups suck.. (?) :lol:

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
There are no "best" pickups for any guitar in theory - it's all about preference, what kind of sound you're going for.

If you're looking at actives, some people like EMGs - some prefer Duncan Blackouts. Passive wise, I hear the new Dimarzio D-Activator 8 sounds very nice - at half the price of Bare Knuckles. I personally love the shit out of BKP's, they're everything I want in a pickup and more, they just cost twice as much as regular pups. IMO, however, they're worth every penny.

space frog

Reaction score
^That's what I think of BKP's too, but after hearing the D-Activator 8's, I'm almost GASing... really the sound is incredible. Even the lowest strings sound absolutely clear with the neck pup. Eargasm guaranteed.

sell2792

Reaction score
Kurt confirmed with me today via email that more multiscales are coming very soon, but didn't answer any questions about specs. He also ignored my question regarding the possibilities of headless Agiles.

Still
:shred: I'm stoked for multiscales.

Reion

ADVENTURE TIME
Reaction score
Pashow, just ordered a DiMarzio D-Activator 8 for my Intrepid. Went for only bridge, even though I'd prefer to get a set. Blasted bills dug out a larger chunk of my paycheck than I thought. Maybe I'll come closer to getting the low end more defined now :)

Latest posts

')