The Official Agile ERG Thread

Reaction score
How does the Agile Intrepid 830 quality compare to Ibanez RGA8? I own an RGA8 with EMG 808X pickups, and I'm shopping for something with a 30" scale length. I was originally planning on getting a Strictly 7 custom, but Rondo Music's latest email has a gorgeous Intrepid 830 Ghostburst that I could grab and slap in some Deactivator 8s for less than a grand. It could be a better decision to get a production model to be certain I can handle the extended scale length before commissioning a custom shop, but if the Intrepids aren't much higher quality than the RGA8, then I'm not going to bother. I'm looking for an upgrade and longer scale length, not crossgrade to something of equal or worse quality.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reion

ADVENTURE TIME
Reaction score
New Rondo Music Items

Kurt posted some new 8 and 9 strings today(plus an imho delicious looking strat, but thats besides the point)

I have to say some of the new stuff looks pretty good, liking the trans black finish, also liking the intrepid pro with darkburst, looks very tasty!

Some interesting models with Kahlers, and 9 strings with 27 inch scale. Makes me seriously consider trying one out with some Octave4Plus strings for that mythical high A I hear people talking about. Certainly the most affordable 9 strings with those specs i've ever seen, ha

NeoG

Reaction score
Those new Intrepids 830 transblack have a very meshuggah look. Which is awesome by me!

JonnHatch

Reaction score
What is the width of the nut on the Intrepid in millimeters, from end to end? also, what is the string spacing in mm?

Reaction score
Those new Intrepids 830 transblack have a very meshuggah look. Which is awesome by me!
Yeah, it does. I'm having a hard time not grabbing it soon. I sold the RGA8 to a forum member, and now I'm either going to get an Agile 830 or a custom Strictly 7. I'm having trouble deciding.

NeoG

Reaction score
i own an intrepid 830 and i have an order with jim too. The intrepid is very good for price you pay imo. While those transblack 830 look totally killer, Id honestly advise to go with Strictly 7 if you have the extra money and patience. Plus jim is really cool to work with. Has very good communication and always seems in a good mood.

Reaction score
Yeah, Jim's been talking with me for about a month and he seems like a good dude. Honestly, a custom 8 through S7 with similar specs isn't much greater than the Intrepid 830 and high-end pickup swap would cost. The wait time is going to be murder though, but it's much more reasonable than other shops. I need something that's an upgrade from the RGA8, which was fine, but I worry Agile would be about the same quality.

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
I've ordered the Agile Interceptor Pro 828 EB Tribal Green Q today!!
I'll se it around about 2-3 weeks, since i live in norway! :)

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Do you guys think the Agile Pendulum Pro Dual 82527 EB Nat will ever return? I would love to own one...

pendulumprodual82527ebnat1.jpg

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Most likely it will return.

Rondo gets at least two shipments a year. I think the next one will come in around December, so that's how long you'll have to wait.

Don't feel bad, though. I'm waiting to order a semi-custom 9-string at the same time, so you're not the only one being forced to be patient. *laugh*

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Hey it's not so bad right, only gotta wait half a year? .... :(

Anyways, what are your specs so far for the semi custom 9?

Latest posts

')