The Official Agile ERG Thread

Awake77

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great responses!! I'm looking through my gear now to see what I can sell to get this beast asap. I've always wanted this Ibanez custom 7 with a black flame maple top, but that's way too expensive and 25.5" feels a little cramped now. When I saw that Agile I got that feeling that you get when you know a purchase is inevitable ;)
I don't really need the trem, and 27" scale should work as I use a 10-60 set on the 1077 and it feels great.

I'll be sure to post up a review after she arrives.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
I have both an Intrepid 828 and and a Septor 827; I use the same string sets on both (.09-.074) and the tension difference is damn near imperceptible. It's certainly not enough to affect playability at all.

animalwithin

Reaction score
Kahler. Keep in mind that if you go too crazy on the trem dive bombing and pulling up than it will go out of tune because Kahlers work best with a locking nut and there are no locking nuts for 8 strings as of yet. If you use the trem appropriately than the locking tuners will work fine. Some guitarists even use floyds with locking tuners, you just can't go too crazy on the trem.

Kinda off topic but I see Steve Vai go crazy on his trem all the time and he pulls of everything fine. I know the Edge trem is possibly the best trem out there but what makes it so good?

Awake77

Reaction score
Kinda off topic but I see Steve Vai go crazy on his trem all the time and he pulls of everything fine. I know the Edge trem is possibly the best trem out there but what makes it so good?

The Edge trems on my Ibanez's are great and never go out of tune, probably due to the locking nut more than anything else.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
The Kahler 72228K Hybrid that Agile uses is a locking/floating bridge so you can lock at as a fixed bridge which gives you more options. If you use your tremolo a lot than I would recommend the Kahler. Keep in mind that if you go too crazy on the trem dive bombing and pulling up than it will go out of tune because Kahlers work best with a locking nut and there are no locking nuts for 8 strings as of yet. If you use the trem appropriately than the locking tuners will work fine. Some guitarists even use floyds with locking tuners, you just can't go too crazy on the trem.
Bullshit.

EDIT: Not to be a dick or anything. Just, they've been out for a while. As long as Rondo's had 8's, I think. The RGA8 has one too.

AnarchyDivine88

Reaction score
Bullshit.

EDIT: Not to be a dick or anything. Just, they've been out for a while. As long as Rondo's had 8's, I think. The RGA8 has one too.

Oh, you're right dude, haha :ugh: one of the guys from Halo had told me they didn't make any for more than 7's but that was probably just back then. My mistake. I'll edit that out of my post so as not to steer anyone wrong.

In that case, I would def go with the Kahler.

AnarchyDivine88

Reaction score

Yeah but he uses a locking nut, so it's no problem for him. Guitarists like Tony MacAlpine for instance, would use a floyd with locking tuners, which worked great for the type of tremolo techniques he uses but, wouldn't work so great for some of the things Steve Vai does.

Yeah, I have a Lo-Pro Edge trem on my Ibanez and it's amazing. So comfortable, easy to manipulate the trem bar, and pretty much stays in tune no matter what I do with it.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, you're right dude, haha :ugh: one of the guys from Halo had told me they didn't make any for more than 7's but that was probably just back then. My mistake. I'll edit that out of my post so as not to steer anyone wrong.

In that case, I would def go with the Kahler.

Kahler didn't (still doesn't not sure), that's why you see the Floyd Style Locking nuts on all these guitars...and IMO the Floyd ones are better anyways I've always used their style w/ a Kahler rather than the Kahler locking nut.
11545350.jpg

MGasparotto

Breaker of G strings
Reaction score
So I'm getting this guitar
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 EB Oceanburst at RondoMusic.com

Thing is, I don't know all that much about it. I've looked around a whole lot(reviews and the likes) and I still can't seem to find out much about it. It'd be great to get some feedback from you guys that have this guitar or similar guitars. I guess i'm just looking for information about it, stuff i'm gonna need to know or should know. Going straight from a 25.5 6 string to this 28.825 8 string. Also i'll be replacing the pickups, I want EMG 808x but can I put those in without having to change the guitar around? Or should i just go with bareknuckles or something. Hearing some pros and cons would be good too. And am I going to need to set it up when I get it? Thanks guys.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
There is a HUGE amount of information regarding the Intrepid 828 on this board. There's a search function which can find you results about going from 25.5" to 28.625", about the difference between 808 and 808x pickups, and so on.

You can also find results by using Google, and including the string "site:sevenstring.org".

Happy reading!

Dunloper

Reaction score
What happened to the Intrepid pro dual 727? I was on rondo music and that model isn't on their website anymore. :ugh:

nightflameauto

Reaction score
What you see on the site is usually just what they have in stock and available right at that moment. They must have just sold the last of that model.

But, like usual, when in doubt email them. Sometimes they take a while to respond, but they do respond.

AmishRefugee

Reaction score
Just bought a purple Septor 828

I would have bought the shit out of a 28.675" oceanburst version

NGD coming once the guitar gets here

Edit: sweet baby jesus that was fast

LCDtX.png

Oceans

Banned
Reaction score
Ok this might not be the most significant question, and I'm pretty sure it's been asked before. But I didn't feel like using the search forum. There's these two guitars
Agile Septor 827 MN Blue Flame at RondoMusic.com
Agile Septor Elite 827 EB DNC Black Flame at RondoMusic.com
Crg told me to save and get the elite, which is the 2nd one (the black one) it has blackouts which I would probably kill for. But the top one, I absolutely love the finish. I know that may seem silly, but it's true, I just can't get over the color... It has Cepheus passive pickups, which I was told it does well on clean but mediocre on distortion, and you know the whole point of having an 8 string is to be able to access the lower notes. I do want my 8 string to be able to shape the notes and make it sound clear to where it can balance the lows in the highs. So my question is, what do you think? What would you do if you loved the finish of a guitar, but you could buy another one for 200 dollars more, and was 10 times better?

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed I posted this in sevenstring guitars, I know this should be moved to extended range, my fault...

Lankles

Fuelled by Chicken alone.
Reaction score
Bridge IMO, but you should probably play it first to see how you like them. You might not have any problems with them at all. My Agile 8 w/cepheus sounded just fine clean, just lacked a bit of punch for high-gain, fast rhythm parts.

')