The Official Agile ERG Thread

Reaction score
So guys, I was thinking of picking up an Agile 8 because of the extra scale length on those babies ... do you think I could achieve somewhat low action and no fret buzz with the bigger scale? Cause right now on my Schecter Hellraiser C-8 26.5 I can't ...
IMHO, The Agile 828 or 830 will make you very happy as a player. I have been playing guitar for about 27 years, and have owned a lot of guitars. I have never had an instrument function as such a perfect tool as my Intrepid 830. The action is amazing, the tension is impeccable, the tone is beautiful, and of course the price is unbelievable. I had a Schecter Hellraiser Devil 8 (1 of 50) and it could not even begin to compare to the Agile, so I sold it and bought a 2nd Agile. I am in awe of that companies designs, craftsmanship, and quality.

I say go for it!!!

~Cheerz

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Knyas

Reaction score
Not sure whether these Trem's are new or I've just missed them for the last 2 years? Either way here's the link:

Agile Interceptor CEP 827 MN Nat at RondoMusic.com

interceptorcep827mnnatsatin1.jpg

cepheus1.jpg

cepheus3.jpg

cepheus4.jpg

cepheus5.jpg

aawshred

Reaction score
Saw this too and thought i was just missing it for a while! If this is as its described than i'm really really excited!

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
geez!
kurt / rondo music is kicking ass.
what's next? high end agiles?

it looks like rondo has just single handedly out done all other
guitar manufacturers in the erg market. i can't think of anyone
offering a wider selection of extended range guitars.

i would not be upset if rondo were around another 50 years.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
geez!
kurt / rondo music is kicking ass.
what's next? high end agiles?

it looks like rondo has just single handedly out done all other
guitar manufacturers in the erg market. i can't think of anyone
offering a wider selection of extended range guitars.

i would not be upset if rondo were around another 50 years.

You know, if this ERG thing doesn't stop being a trend like it was the first go-round, Agile might really fuck up the market by introducing high-end, uber-quality guitars. They do have a great range, with a shit-ton of options, and the only thing holding them back is the sometimes less-than-par QC. This is pretty interesting to think about.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Holy cow, that's awesome! Finally someone makes a production Floyd 8. Why is Rondo the only one that listens to us? Kurt is amazingly cool (and smart).
Now we just need someone to get one and test it out and make sure it works decently well.

dantel666

Reaction score
That bridge looks really comfortable to play on, reminds me of the Gibraltar bridge on my 7321. If these stay in production till I can afford to buy a new guitar I will definitely think about picking one up.

Dayn

Reaction score
You know, if this ERG thing doesn't stop being a trend like it was the first go-round, Agile might really fuck up the market by introducing high-end, uber-quality guitars. They do have a great range, with a shit-ton of options, and the only thing holding them back is the sometimes less-than-par QC. This is pretty interesting to think about.
The only thing holding me back is the less-than-par QC. Being an Australian, buying an Agile guitar is a gamble I'm not willing to take. I would, however, be willing to pay 500 odd more or so for good quality control.

Regardless, that bridge is rather pretty.

Reion

ADVENTURE TIME
Reaction score
Non-locking floating trem? On 8 strings? No thanks, can't imagine the tuning stability being particularly stellar.. Like the idea, though, hope he makes versions with locking at both bridge and nut, would be interested then :)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why put fine tuners, then leave out a locking nut? At least if it used a roller nut you'd have decent tuning stability. If the nut on there is a mediocre as the ones I've seen on other Agiles the tuning stability is going to be pretty awful. Not to mention it's not locking.

I guess I just don't understand why they did all the work designing a new trem which will be plagued by tuning issues (at least on paper), when they could have just used an tried and true FR design.

I'm glad to see more trems on 8s, but even as someone who's not a fan of Kahlers, I'd probably still get one of those over these. I'll wait to see how these fair.

EDIT: "tuning percussion of a Kahler" :lol:

vansinn

Reaction score
Look both well engineered and comfy. Arm mount looks sufficiently off the nicely rounded saddles, so parm muting should work well - depending on how tight springs are set up.
Given that the whole mechnism pivots, I'm not sure I understand the use of rollers, as whammy action should hardly make strings move over the saddles.

I feel Rondo should've done the trem routing more close all around the bridge. Especially the plugs being left this free doesn't suit the otherwise good looks of bridge and instrument.
Other that that, kudos to Kurt ;)

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
in general this is very cool. hopefuly kurt improves the overall execution of this trem.
it's kinda make or break. i noticed the missing locking nut too.

the qc issue definately sucks. it's the reason i wated so long to order.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I would call the bridge more of a Kahler/Floyd hybrid :D

Ah, crap, you're right. I was on my iphone and got all excited when I saw the bridge studs. Dang! I reeeeeeally want a double locking Floyd type 8. Without having to machine one myself. That being said I'm sure we'll see one from Kurt at some point. Lord knows no other company cares to make one.

Latest posts

')