The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

celticelk

Reaction score
That's interesting. Seems like you might want a slightly larger fan option if you're going for a 10-string, but I suppose that with an O4P string you might be able to make it work. It'd be interesting also to see some tappers experimenting with options for two-handed tunings like those seen on the Stick. Rondo might be able to start luring some more economy-minded players away from Warr and other high-end builders with these.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I can't say I didn't see it coming.
Looks like there's going to be a lot more of us in the club soon.

notasian

Reaction score
MAY OF 2012!!!!!! :( THATS A LONG WAIT! lol rondo we love you!!! if they had a stock in the market i would buy all of them lol cause i predict rondo being the top soon!

i knew 8-10 string kahlers would be on the menu yum, even the muli scale ones!

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
YESSSSSSSSS that's awesome, I really wish they had an option for a larger fan though. Bareknuckles just came out with a 9 string pickup. Maybe we'll see a 10 string pickup in the next few years, maybe even just a custom shop option. I guess you always get your pickups rewound by them. Oh no.. the G.A.S. oh no...

guitareben

Reaction score
What do you even Tune that too :O

And also, i gotta say, RondoMusic is by far one of the coolest guitar companies out there, i mean what other company does shit like this for such awesome prices :O Heck, they are the only non full custom company (ya know, they sorta mass produce stuff... sorta) that does nine strings and stuff :O <3 RondoMusic

clark81

Reaction score
OMG lets see when will this adding a string test will stop....

vansinn

Reaction score
Sexy! have to rep Kurt for showing bravery in this biz, bringing out production ready (+ build time) on-the-edge customer-selectable designs where hardly any others dare go :agreed:

While 10 strings are over the top for me, a tribal green fixed bridge low'n'high tuned 25.5-27" scale with ebony board and Blackouts @$870 does sound.. scarily tempting..
Kurt, you need to make them available to those of us outside continental usa, with the same warrenties.

Trip78

9 String Nube
Reaction score
I'm excited about it! If I hadn't just ordered a semi-custom Interceptor 930, I'd definitely pick one up. Wonder if Kurt will make these for the 9 and new 10 strings?

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I was planning on getting a 9-string, although paying for hand surgery means I probably can't do so this time.

My planned tuning for the 9 was going to be B0 E1 A1 D2 G2 C3 F3 A3 D4. I know that I'll not be adding more at the low end.

However... in thinking about it, I see that I can add one more string at the top without needing a specialty string:

B0 E1 A1 D2 G2 C3 F3 A3 D4 G4

That will move my embedded six-string tuning over one course. Will that be insurmountable, or just needing an adjustment period? It's hard to tell, since I can't even play at the moment, even if I retune.

----

Kurt, you need to make them available to those of us outside continental usa, with the same warrenties.

I think one of the problems might be the inability to hold one party responsible if the thing gets damaged in transit. Shipping outside the US means that many cooks get involved in shipping, and the item can be opened multiple times when crossing borders.

If someone was willing to pay a huge amount to have courier service outbound, and the same courier service coming back, I imagine Kurt would be willing to offer a warranty. That would just cause more grousing, though, since people outside the US would still have to pay more to have the same "single shipper" option that one has within one country's national borders. That's just the facts in shipping across borders.

----

Although my hands were locking up enough that I couldn't work, and so I had to have surgery, I'm a little sorry Kurt didn't put these up as an option a month ago. I'd have put off the surgery bills and put down the down payment. As it is, it will be another week before I can look at my finances and decide if I can afford a 9-string this go-around... or even a 10.

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
Not a bad idea at all.

They are just widening their range as a manufacturer.
Go Rondo!

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
That will move my embedded six-string tuning over one course. Will that be insurmountable, or just needing an adjustment period? It's hard to tell, since I can't even play at the moment, even if I retune.

It's cool, I strung my 7 with a high A for a while and it was real nice.

that short guy

Reaction score
at some point someone is going to have to point out that having more strings doesn't make you a better player, it just makes you look like a bigger tool for having that many more strings you never use. 90% of the people that will get the 10 string version will probably only use 4-6 of the strings

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
All right! I had wanted to get a 9-string for the sake of being ridiculous, but I told myself I'd hold out for the 10-string. I didn't think it would actually happen this soon, though. :lol:

Also, from the standpoint of practicality:

It'd be interesting also to see some tappers experimenting with options for two-handed tunings like those seen on the Stick. Rondo might be able to start luring some more economy-minded players away from Warr and other high-end builders with these.

:yesway:

I keep thinking about asking Kurt if he'd be interested in doing something like a Chapman Stick, but that would just be one more thing I'd want to buy.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
at some point someone is going to have to point out that having more strings doesn't make you a better player, it just makes you look like a bigger tool for having that many more strings you never use. 90% of the people that will get the 10 string version will probably only use 4-6 of the strings

I guess I even think of that point because I assume that people are like me, and use the full range of their instrument.

Which leads to the question... how did that thought occur to *you*?

*laugh*

Regarding CelticElk's and TomAwesome's point...

I LIKE JUICE!!!

...er... I mean the one about tapping... most of the current tappers have wider string spacing than the spacing on guitar. I suspect that established tappers might have a hard time making the change.

However, I don't see why one couldn't make a two-region tapper out of the 10-string, or even an 8-string. I just prefer to have my strings laid out guitaristically, so that I can not just tap, but also play straightforwardly in a normal guitar/bass/hybrid idiom.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I would probably move the pin so I could keep it in a hybrid of normal position and stick position, set the action ridiculously low, get it with a trem, and relase the taps. It's essentially a budget Warr guitar.

I keep thinking about asking Kurt if he'd be interested in doing something like a Chapman Stick, but that would just be one more thing I'd want to buy.

Well, if you were to chop off the wings you would pretty much have a stick. I would love to see a budget Grand Stick, though.

Latest posts

')