The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Prepare to start chugging a low Ab.

:lol: I was going to spec out a 9 string C#1-E, but now I'm actually thinking I want a longer scale and do a 10 string G#0-E. I don't know what the hell I'm thinking.:nuts: I'm starting to think maybe my wife is right. Is it time we form ERGA and develop a 12 step program?

that short guy

Reaction score
I guess I even think of that point because I assume that people are like me, and use the full range of their instrument.

Which leads to the question... how did that thought occur to *you*?

*laugh*

Lol too many people these days get 8 and 9 string guitars because they say they want a bigger range but all they do is chug around on they top 3 three strings. Don't get me wrong if you can actually use all 10 strings congrats you're doing better than most of the people that will get them.

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
Lol too many people these days get 8 and 9 string guitars because they say they want a bigger range but all they do is chug around on they top 3 three strings. Don't get me wrong if you can actually use all 10 strings congrats you're doing better than most of the people that will get them.

Listen to some Monuments, only then will you understand :D

Dayn

Reaction score
Nice.

Now they just need an option for good quality control and a warranty, then it may be feasible to consider. An extra $500 is worth it to not end up with a non-refundable $1,000 lemon.

77zark77

Reaction score
a 24"-27" fan for a 9 string should be more relevant !
more strings we have, less difficulties we have with a wide fan :nuts:

(if that sentence isn't correct in English, I can say it in French! haha !)

vansinn

Reaction score
Has anyone actually tried this trem?

Personally, I'd simply block an 8-string trem against pulls; all I need is to dip my strings.
Even so, a slight soft vibrato can still be done, provided the block has a soft'ish meeting contact to work against the clonks return sound.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm more stoked about seeing fanned frets on an Intrepid. While I'm not Agile's biggest cheerleader, I still LOVE the Intrepid body shape. It felt much better and well thought out with more strings than the typical arched top, super strat of the Septor/Interceptor. :agreed:

I will say though, that having a fanned 8, and playing some others, those fans are pretty mediocre. I'd say a 4" or 5" would be ideal, especially if going for an "extra" high string. Though, I can see why it wouldn't be used on such an instrument, as only a few would option for those scales. A 3" 27" to 30" would be nice for those looking to go lower.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
at some point someone is going to have to point out that having more strings doesn't make you a better player, it just makes you look like a bigger tool for having that many more strings you never use. 90% of the people that will get the 10 string version will probably only use 4-6 of the strings

First off, the obligatory ::wallbash:

I can only speak for myself but if I wanted to only use the top three strings I would tune a 6 string way down rather than spend money on a 10, it's a more logical thing to do in my opinion. I am now considering one of these and have every intention of using every string, just like I do with my 8 string.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself but if I wanted to only use the top three strings I would tune a 6 string way down rather than spend money on a 10, it's a more logical thing to do in my opinion. I am now considering one of these and have every intention of using every string, just like I do with my 8 string.

Yeah, totally. I was thinking about getting a 9 with a super long scale length and go G#0 to B, but I'd really miss that high E. I'd say if anything I'm guilty for not using the middle strings on my 10 string. There's something about having that extra range that just draws me to the extremes. Having an ERG is like trying a new tuning in that it gets you out of a rut and composing new stuff FAST.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
I say good for Kurt. He saw a niche and he's trying to fill it. I love my Pendulum 8
...9 string?:scratch:
...10 string?:eek:.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
What doesnt make sense : Why have fine tuners, on a guitar that doesnt have a locking nut?!? granted, i dont like locking nut guitars, and this trem looks amazing, i dont see the purpose of the fine tuners. lol.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the lack of a locking nut was on the factories end, possibly something like not having the eight string locking nuts built, but wanting to get them out early. I suspect they'll be on it when, if, a second run comes out.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the lack of a locking nut was on the factories end, possibly something like not having the eight string locking nuts built, but wanting to get them out early. I suspect they'll be on it when, if, a second run comes out.

They seem to have plenty of 8-string locking nuts for the Kahler equipped 8s. :shrug:

Latest posts

')