The Official Agile ERG Thread

Kstring

SCHECTER
Reaction score
I like it. I would use it as a 2 in 1 instrument bass/guitar, it would be tuned

D,A,F#,B,E,A,D,g,b,e with 27-28 fan. Too bad im a broke ass college student damn do i have 10 string GAS lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ra1der2

Reaction score
Kurt's an innovator there is no question, mad props. Kind of wish he would have asked here though as we would have told him in like 2 seconds whats up w/that design.

I just can see it having any tuning stability with use of the bar involved. Unless the springs are perfectly balanced to counter the exact tension of the strings, you're in deep shit as soon as you touch that bar IMO.

That doesn't mean it can't be done, I have the classic style trem intrepids and those stay in tune great w/trem floating after I've taken the time to balance the springs to my string tension, but out of the box I don't think that guitar would stay in tune very well - if you touch the bar.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
What doesnt make sense : Why have fine tuners, on a guitar that doesnt have a locking nut?!? granted, i dont like locking nut guitars, and this trem looks amazing, i dont see the purpose of the fine tuners. lol.

My best bet would be if you're playing on the fly and need to quickly adjust a string, having the fine tuners is a lot easier to go to (and sneakier) than reaching around and adjusting the headstock tuners, and possibly fiddling with them too long. Maybe it's a custom option? I'm not sure, as we'll probably see other versions of this in the near future. I'd love one in either an ebony fretboard or rosewood, so I'm sure that's not the only version of it we're getting. All that I know for sure is that that bridge looks like it could be pretty freaking badass, and hopefully not a piece of $300 crap. xD

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
ok i gander the low F and high A for 9th and first string but what the hell would you slap on a 10?

i've seen 11 string ( and more) basses but what the hell are you gunna add to this without making it into a bass for 10 string guitar

vansinn

Reaction score
Noone says you have to tune it the usual way.
A 9-stringer in major-3rd tuning would be really sexy for Arab/Indial inspired scales and intonations.
A 10(+) stringer could have the upper part tuned in all fourth, and the lower more closely for finger picking bass lines.

It's about thinking out of the box ;)
I currently have my 8-stringer tuned B1...E4 + G4, i.e. a minor-3rd on top. Adds some interesting capabilities for extended chord works, plus it has it's uses for high pitched shredding (with some getting used to).
A 7-string barré at 7th fret with two fingers at 9th gives me a big 8-string minor chord with a low B1. Nice!
I'm now starting to have wet dreams about number nine, but ten strings? never! (or..) :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My best bet would be if you're playing on the fly and need to quickly adjust a string, having the fine tuners is a lot easier to go to (and sneakier) than reaching around and adjusting the headstock tuners, and possibly fiddling with them too long.

Fine tuners don't really have that kind of range and it's far from their intended purpose. At least those found on floating bridges. It seems here that they're just one more thing to knock into that'll put the whole thing out of tune. :2c:

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
So what everyone is saying, is basically this is a flawed design and not quite thought through? :D

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So what everyone is saying is basically this is a flawed design and not quite thought through? :D

It just looks like the designer didn't know what they wanted really. Did they want an FR, Kahler, Hipshot? It's like they took bits and pieces from all three without thinking of how they'd all work together. The saddles from a Kahler, the fine tuners and route of an FR, with the installation of a Hipshot.

If the quality is there, then a few tweaks could make this thing awesome, it's just not quite there yet.

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
It just looks like the designer didn't know what they wanted really. Did they want an FR, Kahler, Hipshot? It's like they took bits and pieces from all three without thinking of how they'd all work together. The saddles from a Kahler, the fine tuners and route of an FR, with the installation of a Hipshot.

If the quality is there, then a few tweaks could make this thing awesome, it's just not quite there yet.

I know what you mean, the bridge looks like some genetically modified Kahler, the guitar has no locking nut either, one way or another this guitar is going out of tune. :lol:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Very interesting. I'd like to see where this bridge is at a few more production runs down the road. Now if they'd only use real jumbo frets.

Reion

ADVENTURE TIME
Reaction score

Pretty much this. The biggest flaw I see(at least considering my own potential use) is the lack of a locking system. I can only see strings slipping at the nut, all day and all night unless you plan on using the trem like a vintage fender trem.
I mean, if it was double locking, it could be worth getting if not only just to block off the trem and have the advantage of the tuning stability a floyd gives you(many people do this)

All just seems to be like a classic case of trying to mix up several good ideas, and ending up with the shitty drawbacks of all ideas :/
I hope I'm wrong though, always like new things in the guitar world, glad to see someone pushing the boundries

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
9 string is as far as i would go too, with a drop B tuning. I would need fanned frets though, with something like a 32"-30" scale to get the right sound from the low B. And i'd have to think very carefully about the choice of pickup and stuff. And i'd have to do something very interesting tone and mix-wise. I an imagine i would have to work on figuring out how to milk it's potential.

beneharris

Reaction score
They seem to have plenty of 8-string locking nuts for the Kahler equipped 8s. :shrug:

could their intention be to put one on before they actually ship? maybe its just the pictured guitar doesn't have one. i have seen their pictures not be 100% right before. maybe this was just the prototype one? that seems like an awfully big thing to overlook :shrug:

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Maybe the fine tuners can adjust string tension, for instance strings will be tighter when down, and also be looser when up, because the back of the string is being pulled back. Anyone think that's also possible?

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe the fine tuners can adjust string tension, for instance strings will be tighter when down, and also be looser when up, because the back of the string is being pulled back. Anyone think that's also possible?

Isn't that kinda how fine tuners already work? Whenever you change the tension of a string you change the note.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score

If they're fine tuners then the name is self explanatory. They're for making slight adjustments to the tuning at the bridge for the sake of tuning accuracy. If this had a locking nut it'd also be to correct the tuning after the nut is locked.

Scordare

Reaction score

Reminds me of the Fender System 1 tremolo...which is an awesome trem. It has a great feel and stays in tune...always returns to zero!

I like the design but whats up with no locking nut though?

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score

Reminds me of the Fender System 1 tremolo...which is an awesome trem. It has a great feel and stays in tune...always returns to zero!

I like the design but whats up with no locking nut though?

By any chance is that an 80's tremolo because that would explain why. :rolleyes:

')