The Official Agile ERG Thread

binz

Reaction score
when you say pounds I guess youre from the UK? Could you tell me once you receive it how it was with customs and shipping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Acaciastrain360

Reaction score
when you say pounds I guess youre from the UK? Could you tell me once you receive it how it was with customs and shipping?
Yes mate I am, BUT I strictly avoided importing one as it looked as though it was going to be near £200-£250 with all charges and shipping... so I’ve been on the market within UK for a long time and it finally paid off... sorry that I couldn’t shed any light on importing one :/

binz

Reaction score
I have a friend from the US (Idaho) visiting me in Europe and she could bring me an Agile. How long does domestic delivery inside the US usually take in your experience?
Also did anyone ever fly with an electric guitar (in a gig bag) as carry-on? I once took a classical acoustic guitar from South America -> Us -> Europe without a problem. Still I dont want to get her in trouble with this.
(aside from the shipping costs I'd especially save customs on the guitar by letting her get it instead of ordering it)

I was considering this Intercepter Pro 727 with EMG 707. Except for the annoying floyd rose and the lack of fanned frets it seemed the best choice of what they currently have on their site 7-string wise. Anything I should consider before getting one of those?
A fanned fret alternative without the annoying floyd rose would be this Interpid Pro 72527 or this Legacy 72527 but both have the passive Cepheus pick ups, are they any good? (also I heard people are not really fans of the legacy ones, is there a particular reason why or just because its the "cheap" series?)

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I have a friend from the US (Idaho) visiting me in Europe and she could bring me an Agile. How long does domestic delivery inside the US usually take in your experience?
Also did anyone ever fly with an electric guitar (in a gig bag) as carry-on? I once took a classical acoustic guitar from South America -> Us -> Europe without a problem. Still I dont want to get her in trouble with this.
(aside from the shipping costs I'd especially save customs on the guitar by letting her get it instead of ordering it)

I was considering this Intercepter Pro 727 with EMG 707. Except for the annoying floyd rose and the lack of fanned frets it seemed the best choice of what they currently have on their site 7-string wise. Anything I should consider before getting one of those?
A fanned fret alternative without the annoying floyd rose would be this Interpid Pro 72527 or this Legacy 72527 but both have the passive Cepheus pick ups, are they any good? (also I heard people are not really fans of the legacy ones, is there a particular reason why or just because its the "cheap" series?)

• About a week iirc, not more than two I know for sure (I've had 5 shipments so far)
  • Can't answer your flight question, sadly.
  • I'd get the Intrepid Pro honestly. There's a lot of active pickups you can get that fit the passive routes if you ever decide to get actives but it's more expensive and/or difficult to get pickups that fit soapbar routes. I regret all of my purchases that have soapbar routes pretty much because now that I'm wanting to change pickups on some of them, it's costing me $40+ USD or more to get what I want in soapbar form.
  • The Cepheus passive pickups are pretty decent. They've been likened to Lundgrens a lot I believe. They do metal easily. Pretty good for stock pickups.
  • I love the Intrepid shape btw. Very comfortable. More than the Septor/Interceptor honestly.
  • The Legacy series is okay-ish. It's a tad rough around the edges (sometimes literally) and the neck is MUCH thicker on those. If you want something to keep for a long time, get the Pro and Elite series of the other models, not the Legacy ones.

NickLAudio

Reaction score
It's been a year and still loving this thing...

Intrepid Pro 72730

720CD34D-5419-4898-AE92-FAED2FAEA492_zps6ncpyygx.jpeg

iamaom

Reaction score
I don't want to start a new thread, but has anyone found those new $1300 "Custom Works" guitars bizzare? Why on earth would I buy a pre-built korean guitar for the same price as a custom built kiesel? Not sure what Rondo's business model has been the past few months.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't want to start a new thread, but has anyone found those new $1300 "Custom Works" guitars bizzare? Why on earth would I buy a pre-built korean guitar for the same price as a custom built kiesel? Not sure what Rondo's business model has been the past few months.

Rondo is being Rondo. Order a small batch of off-the-wall guitars and see if it works. I doubt they have their eyes set on Kiesel, but more like Schecter, LTD and Ibanez.

They're marketing to the crowd that doesn't care where they're made, just what the spec sheet looks like, which is a majority of the marketplace.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I just want them to stock more Epics man

Also their pricing for supposedly the best of their best doesn't seem to far off from like high end WMI shecs and Ibanez Premiums

A good Agile slays

Acaciastrain360

Reaction score

I love my Interceptor Pro 828... so an interceptor pro 727 would be rad! I know with 828 bridge that you can fix it so it acts like a fixed bridge... not sure what the floyd rose is like!? Anyone??

Mathemagician

Reaction score
All this recent talk of tunings in the Architects thread made me nearly buy a 627 intrepid. Had to remind myself I had a GOC fan coming in first. And if I don’t like it I’ll flip it for something else.

Rondo does one thing very well and that’s offer popular specs in several options. Love it.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Take the guitar on the plane as a carry on and leave it at the front in the closet with the coats. You can stand it up in its case and it will stay out due to everyone leaving coats in there. Preferable to hoping the flight is empty and trying to shove it in the overhead.

NickLAudio

Reaction score
Made a quick play through video of a song off our album that's currently still in production (reamps, edits, mix, etc..) but we got a whole Rondo lineup here..

Agile Intrepid Pro 72730
Brice Defiant 63437
Douglas Hadron 727 that i refinished

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
Made a quick play through video of a song off our album that's currently still in production (reamps, edits, mix, etc..) but we got a whole Rondo lineup here..

Agile Intrepid Pro 72730
Brice Defiant 63437
Douglas Hadron 727 that i refinished

Sounds really cool! I've been looking at that multicale defiant there, would be nice with the 37" to handle some low tunings.